Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

current XB wait times

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2005, 10:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I order4ed my PW 5spd on Sept 18 and I'm picking it up later today (it got delivered last night).

So yeah, the waits are long in some places, esp if you want a specific one.
Old 11-26-2005, 01:55 PM
5 Year Member

i ordered mine on november 19th...i was told by the salesman that it's ordered, and that the wait will be ~6 weeks...

manual, polar white, no options...
i'm thinking about having them put the toyota alarm system on (not the scion one as it has no motion sensors and all it really does is lock the doors for you)...(any suggestion for alarm systems?)

things i'm thiking about doing myself:
1. ipod2car
2. tyc tail lights
3. painting the top grille black
4. possibly headlights with black housing (any recommendations?)

i can't wait :D
Old 11-26-2005, 04:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I wrote a long post about how the Scions get allocated and traded and it got placed in the FAQ section. Here is the link.

At the moment, it really depends on how lucky you are. I have a couple of 5 speeds in stock right now and two others allocated. Any order outside those would take me 3 to 5 weeks to fill. I order all mine bone stock and I don't believe in adding extras until the customer tells me what they want.
Old 11-26-2005, 04:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by cliffy1
I wrote a long post about how the Scions get allocated and traded and it got placed in the FAQ section. Here is the link.

At the moment, it really depends on how lucky you are. I have a couple of 5 speeds in stock right now and two others allocated. Any order outside those would take me 3 to 5 weeks to fill. I order all mine bone stock and I don't believe in adding extras until the customer tells me what they want.
That is awsome I wish all the dealers were like that. It makes me sick to see some of these poor cars that are so loaded that they end up sitting there for months waiting for some sucker to come along and buy it.
Old 11-26-2005, 04:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by cliffy1
Almost exactly the same story here.
Old 11-26-2005, 06:02 PM
5 Year Member

cliffy1's faq is very informative, i think it's a must read for any prospective scion buyer...
i was thinking about driving down to buy one of cliffy1's xB's but i gotta do a trade with my gf's car...so it won't happen...
that sucks because on top of that, cliffy1 had a manual in the color i want...polar white!!!!...
Old 11-26-2005, 08:04 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default xb wait

I would ask them to do a dealer exchange with another dealer if you dont mind a few miles on your new box! I will say that it is worth the wait.We have 2 xBs and love them.
Old 11-27-2005, 01:23 AM
5 Year Member

LOL, that must be the BOP 5spd that I"m suppose to be getting this comming week.
Sales manager said she only had to do 2 trades to find mine.
Went by later and confirmed order and VIN # :D

Originally was going through my credit unions carfinders service, but after 5-6 weeks it was obvious that they couldn't get one. Even working through 4 different dealers? so he said...... anywho, went back to dealer and ordered it there, said 2-3 weeks, looks like about 2 weeks...... had to go back to the credit union and get an extention on my financing, but looks like I'm good to go