Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Debadging the sterring wheel?(hope this gives me more res.)

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2004, 05:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

Originally Posted by JanusFive
ohhkay, maybe I'm not hip and cool and all but why the heck would you want to put a Lexus badge on a car that is NOT a Lexus? OBVIOUSLY not a Lexus? This whole thread made my head hurt.
I originally did it as a joke since people were putting the bB badges on their car. Its not a bB either.
Old 02-18-2004, 05:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by randode
im so pulling the Lex emblem off of my car :(
Sadly, it has come to this extreme...as the originator, it's sad to see the idea die, and honestly if it would have just stayed on Randys car, things would have just been fine.

Some of you remember the Option Wagon sticker I had over the exhaust during TSW's second fun run...Everyone asked me what was up with that, but then I started seeing more and more people rocking either an Opt2 or the actual Wagon sticker that I had. Needless to say, I took mine off...it was fun being original for a few days I suppose.
Old 02-18-2004, 05:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by randode
Originally Posted by JanusFive
ohhkay, maybe I'm not hip and cool and all but why the heck would you want to put a Lexus badge on a car that is NOT a Lexus? OBVIOUSLY not a Lexus? This whole thread made my head hurt.
I originally did it as a joke since people were putting the bB badges on their car. Its not a bB either.
at least they called these cars bB over there...
Old 02-18-2004, 06:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

Originally Posted by bBted
at least they called these cars bB over there...
true, but here its a Scion, not a bB. There is no left hand drive bB.
Old 02-18-2004, 09:05 PM
Banned
SL Member

Heres my take on it. If you have to ask how to do an emblem swap, then your not original. Those that take the time to sit down and figure it out, and make it look good deserve all the credit. All these copy cats who want you to hold their hands and do these little tweeks on their xBs are really starting to ____ me off.

For Christs sake people, be original! If you want a Lexus logo on your steering wheel, then either buy a Lexus steering wheel, or buy a Lexus. If you want a little rice burner that will do the 1/4 in under 12 sec., buy a Porsche.
Old 02-18-2004, 11:35 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

soo u guys dont know how to do it?

hhaa jp.

yeh i guess ur right sorry to cramp ur style........it was all a idea though i dont like to do thing in pieces, so i wanted to make sure everything was all set. mmm i guess ill try to find a alternative to the lexus....... still if i wanna change the logo on the steering wheel ne one know how ot do it without changing the steering wheel?
Old 02-18-2004, 11:38 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

well why would you put a trd or a toyota becuase ITS NOT A TRD OR TOYOTA(sorry my caps was stuck )?

BUT MOM, EVERYONES DOING IT
Old 02-18-2004, 11:38 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol i quoted the wrong paragraph. other way around
Old 02-18-2004, 11:40 PM
Banned
SL Member

{ resting his head in his hands }... he just doesnt get it, you try and try to explain, but he just doesnt get it
Old 02-18-2004, 11:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by "CBSIMONSEZ
So you manufactur the air bag system? And you can say with out a doubt that screwing with it wont set it off? I didnt think so, tell ya what, why dont you stand under a tree while enduring a thunderstorm, chances are you wont get hit, but its still a chance.
Do you even know how an airbag system works? Didn't think so. How is it any different from pounding on your horn? If you've ever heard of an airbag going off while taking an emblem off it let me know. Maybe if he took the screwdriver and jammed it into the sensor behind the bumper it might go off.
Old 02-18-2004, 11:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok, why the crap did you buy a scion? i can unnderstand debadging a car to give it a nice clean look. but if you still want badges, just not the badges that came on the car, then why the hell didn't you buy that other car??? you are not gonna fool anyone. IT'S NOT A LEXUS!!! it's technically not even a toyota. it's a FREAKIN SCION!!! be happy with that or sell it and get a car you are not ashamed of. just my 2 cents...
Old 02-19-2004, 02:04 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

ahhh screw it :D
Old 02-19-2004, 02:04 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

all i wanted to do was be COOL
Old 02-21-2004, 03:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CBSIMONSEZ

So you manufactur the air bag system? And you can say with out a doubt that screwing with it wont set it off? I didnt think so, tell ya what, why dont you stand under a tree while enduring a thunderstorm, chances are you wont get hit, but its still a chance.
The guy was correct. Prying at it will not set it off. Yes, I can say that without a doubt.

An airbag requires a number of preset parameters to be met - usually at the minium several sensors will require a degree of impact. Shock (impact) sensors and etc.

Same holds true for side curtain airbags, door encapsulated side-impact bags, seat embedded airbags etc etc etc.

You must hit a sensor, overload the electronic circuits (incorrect battery charging, improper welding on the vehicle etc) or do something else equally ignorant.

But all the same, slipping and sticking a screwdriver into the airbag will not set it off. If that were true, you would hear about 1000's of cases were people got hurt becuase the airbag exploded when they got ____ed off in traffic and were pounding on the steering wheel. It just wont happen.
Old 02-21-2004, 06:20 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default airbag going off

Things that must happen for the air bag to fire.
1. The car must be running and the sensor in the front bumper will only fire if it is hit above 35mph. (So dont go picking at it while your driving)
2. You can bypass this by shorting the gas chamber but just closing the circuit will not fire, power is supplied from the sensor under the bumper. The only way to short it without the senor is to add 12volts to the gas chamber.

So if your really bad and run a wire from the power port to your screw driver and shove it thru the back of the air bag and touch the two post in the chamber then it will go off.
(I feel sorry for you if you do)

But if you want to eliminate all chances of it just disconnect you battery. Then the only way for it to fire is someone is really mean and walks up to you hood and reconnects your battery, jump starts the car and hits your bumper with a hammer but who needs freinds like that?

As for everyone complaining about changing the logo on your car, do it! Controversy will always draw attention and isnt that why we mod our cars anyway?

I wont do it to my Scion because i like the design of the logo but thats just me.
Old 02-24-2004, 01:58 PM
5 Year Member

Hey,

How do you debadge this thing? I'm wanting to put a l33t VW symbol on the front and back of the xB so people will think it's the new microbus, 'cos the actual VW Bus is so freaking ugly. Also, anyone got round headlights? How 'bout an old-style VW muffler that makes that 'poot-poot-poot' sound? If I take a jackhammer to my steering wheel, will that damage it in any way? I want to glue a Pontiac GTO badge to it. Also, will removing the airbag alltogether impact safety? I'd really like a SOLID METAL steering wheel with some of those kick-a$$ pointed metal bolts....

; :D

just having a little fun. Pay me no heed.
Old 02-24-2004, 02:22 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by rattmobbins
it's technically not even a toyota. it's a FREAKIN SCION!!!
how is it not a toyota???? it is a toyota maybe not to us, but its still a toy
Old 02-24-2004, 03:57 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey,

How do you debadge this thing? I'm wanting to put a l33t VW symbol on the front and back of the xB so people will think it's the new microbus, 'cos the actual VW Bus is so freaking ugly. Also, anyone got round headlights? How 'bout an old-style VW muffler that makes that 'poot-poot-poot' sound? If I take a jackhammer to my steering wheel, will that damage it in any way? I want to glue a Pontiac GTO badge to it. Also, will removing the airbag alltogether impact safety? I'd really like a SOLID METAL steering wheel with some of those kick-a$$ pointed metal bolts....

;

hehehe.........ahhh the long unanswered question. the only answers i got were madd people trying to dignifie the SCION logo (which was irrelevant)
Old 02-24-2004, 03:58 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

damn quoted the wrong thing again...me such a noob :D
Old 02-24-2004, 04:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: airbag going off

Originally Posted by drandolph
Things that must happen for the air bag to fire.
1. The car must be running and the sensor in the front bumper will only fire if it is hit above 35mph. (So dont go picking at it while your driving)
2. You can bypass this by shorting the gas chamber but just closing the circuit will not fire, power is supplied from the sensor under the bumper. The only way to short it without the senor is to add 12volts to the gas chamber.

So if your really bad and run a wire from the power port to your screw driver and shove it thru the back of the air bag and touch the two post in the chamber then it will go off.
(I feel sorry for you if you do)

But if you want to eliminate all chances of it just disconnect you battery. Then the only way for it to fire is someone is really mean and walks up to you hood and reconnects your battery, jump starts the car and hits your bumper with a hammer but who needs freinds like that?

As for everyone complaining about changing the logo on your car, do it! Controversy will always draw attention and isnt that why we mod our cars anyway?

I wont do it to my Scion because i like the design of the logo but thats just me.
If you really believe all this, go out and smack your bumper with a baseball bat right now and see what happens. The car doesn't have to be running for the airbag to deploy. I know because we have vandals in my neighborhood that go around at night and pop peoples airbags for fun.

Quick Reply: Debadging the sterring wheel?(hope this gives me more res.)