First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Dent in roof *not happy*

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2005, 04:27 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default Dent in roof *not happy*

This week when I leave for work Ive been seeing figs, splattered on the roof....I look closer and you can tell they didnt just fall off the tree. There was an angle on the way they were thrown and how it splattered (too much CSI). I know on the other side of the wall is a family with kids. You can see a basketball hoop, and they even put up a net to "keep the ball from going over". The figs are only in a 2 parking spot area, obviously from the same yard, and well past the trees potetial to drop them.

I wash off the fig guts and wonder how to go about handling this...

I leave this morning.....and there is a friggin rock on the top of the xB I inspect closer to see a 1/2 dollar size dimple/dent too . This is a river rock, and not like the type that can be found on my side of the wall. Im not sure how to handle this....I can go over and speak to the parents and if they are resposible honest parents, pay for damages, but if they are uncooperative, the whole court thing isnt worth the trouble anyways. I know this wont be a cheap fix. Im just wondering if anyone could provide a way to approach this.

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-16-2005, 04:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I would absolutely go over and talk to them. Keep your cool and explain it to them just like you did on here. They might blow you off or they might be very reasonable about it. Either way, you can be sure they'll "talk" to their kids about it.
Old 06-16-2005, 04:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Set up a spy camera and catch them doing it! And get a police officer to scare the living daylights out of them for doing wrong.. Scared Straight!

j/k I would just go over and talk with the parents and explain the situation of what was found on your box and show them the dents. just be cool and calm about it..
Old 06-16-2005, 04:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, and if the parents aren't willing to take it seriously and the kids don't stop, you wait around the corner with a baseball bat. When the little vandals come out to play, you make a few dents of your own.*

*I'm just kidding.
Old 06-16-2005, 04:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Forget talking to the parents. Call the police. The parents will just give you BS about how their kids are angels and would never do things like that. The police will put it down on them, and if it happens again sue the parents. I cannot stand people that can't control their kids.

Yesterday we had this family in here, well extended family. I don't get why it takes 25 people to buy a car.... Anyway, three little terrors were running around and none of the adults from the family were paying them any mind. They start knocking stuff over, grabbing on cars, climbing around them... Next thing you know one of the kids has taken a matchbox car off of one of the sales peoples display shelves and is whacking it as hard as she can against a brand new RS1.0 tC.... The GM walks over to the family and politely asked them all to just leave.
Old 06-16-2005, 05:08 PM
5 Year Member

Default Dent

You can probably get that dent out.

Use of of those glue gun dent pullers. That did the trick for someone I know. Kepp in mind, it will work only if it's no too scratched or creased.
Old 06-16-2005, 05:17 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Thanks for the input so far....I should keep the rock, because its the only thing I have to prove it wasnt from my side of the wall, and hopefully they have a bunch of those rocks in their yard. I just have a feeling Ill get the" our kids didnt do it" responce.

With the figs I didnt really have a leg to stand on, but the rock isnt just any rock you would find in the dirt, its one of those smooth rocks used in landscaping. As round as a cookie and about 3/4 inch thick. When I get home Ill take some pics..
Old 06-16-2005, 05:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

You have to talk to the parental units or expect more of the same. Putting them on notice without blaming should help. If you go over there with guns blazing it could have a reverse effect and you could see more figs. Don't expect to get a confession unless you catch them in the act. If that does not work, wait a couple months then let the games begin.
Old 06-16-2005, 06:27 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Im not going to go in guns blazing, Im not a hothead like that... I just hope I get a solution. Im wondering if I should speak with a police officer and have them there as a mediator. Or is that "a waste of taxpayer money".
Old 06-16-2005, 06:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

If conflict is expected, I would take an officer. You are entitled to use those services.
Old 06-16-2005, 07:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I dunno, I look at it differently I guess. Nowadays, people are so quick to call the cops or get a lawyer after people. You are neighbors. Try talking to them first. They might be very gracious and understanding. They might offer to fix it and beat the kids. It's worth a try first.
Old 06-16-2005, 08:04 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Only neigbors by location....Im in an apartment complex anw are separated by an 8ft wall...we dont speak, borrow flour, or see each other.....so its a little harder to just knock on the door and expect someone to be neighborly.
Old 06-16-2005, 08:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'd still try talking to them before you go with "muscle". The police can always be called later if things go south.
Old 06-16-2005, 09:42 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

just go postal
Old 06-16-2005, 10:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 06-16-2005, 10:12 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Sciond
just go postal

(I have a pic with me holding it but cant get it to load)
I guess I could borrow my friends .50 cal barrett that he just got and be done with it....

all jokes aside I just want to handle it the best way I can, without too much drama...
Old 06-17-2005, 01:49 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

UPDATE:

I get off work...and when I get home my girlfriend points out there is another dent! So I inspect further and found two more dents Can you say repaint? I guess I can two tone now

I start looking around and find more river rocks We head over to the other side of the block, and the lady is watering her lawn. I talk to her for a moment because she didnt understand too well (philipino) and she says she will get her son.....He comes out and on the defence right off the bat. I knew I was going to get the "our kids are angels" treatment, and I accepted that I was going to have to foot the bill on this.

So once I see that he wasnt going to hear what we are saying, I tell him "Im not here for money"... "I know I cant prove they did it"..." All Im saying is once we fix this I dont want to find more stuff thrown onto the car." He really dropped his guard when I told him I didnt expect him to admit or pay for it. When I told him that there were first figs on the car, He said "we dont have a fig tree"....turns out its avacados (whatever). He tries to tell me the tree is just dropping the avacados onto the car. ....I say " The car isnt under the tree." and " How can avacados end up splattered onto the back of the car when its not under the tree" " Are you telling me that this rock fell out of the tree too?"

Well, it turns out the way I expected it to. Im footing the bill now Ill try to get the spot next to mine...its blocked by other things, so it wont be so vunerable. Im going to try and make lemonade out of lemons and go for a two tone look Ive been plannibg since 2003

Oh yeah here are pics

and the culprits

Old 06-17-2005, 01:54 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

geez that sux....I hate people like that....I hope the box comes back better than ever
Old 06-17-2005, 01:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I like the mild sauce! Dude, I admire your cool head but those are serious dents. You are gettiing hosed, some punk heads need to roll. Don't know what to tell you, it's a raw deal.
Old 06-17-2005, 02:43 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by alexw1
I like the mild sauce! Dude, I admire your cool head but those are serious dents. You are gettiing hosed, some punk heads need to roll. Don't know what to tell you, it's a raw deal.
I put the mild sause there for an idea of size...glad you like it

Ya I know Im getting the $hitty end of the stick....but I hope I can get it two toned like Ive wanted/ and couldnt justify until now....we will see what insurance says

I know the scratches are all over now....might as well bite the bullet and do it...but if that gets ruined I actually might go postal

Quick Reply: Dent in roof *not happy*