Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Dent in roof *not happy*

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2005, 02:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow, sorry to hear about this. I like the camera idea.

Tu-tone is going to be hot! You could even pimp it and put a black canvas top, like the old school cadillacs!
Old 06-17-2005, 02:55 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by eggie
Wow, sorry to hear about this. I like the camera idea.

Tu-tone is going to be hot! You could even pimp it and put a black canvas top, like the old school cadillacs!
Thanks for the laugh( I needed it) but Id rather just have it painted.....
Old 06-17-2005, 03:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Instead of a dent puller, you may want to talk to a metal shaper. They are the experts. Any custum shop would know where you can find one. Ask him about heat. When metal is heated it returns to its original shape. Doesn't work in certain situations but a metal shaper would know by looking at the dent and where the dent it.

A metal shaper is a person who takes raw sheet metal and can fab fenders, motorcycle gas tanks, that kind of stuff.
Old 06-17-2005, 02:54 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Ill start looking for possible places after the weekend (gotta head out of town). Once I saw the dents above the windshield I knew It was going to be tough(see expensive) to get those right Hopefully it will all work out.
Old 06-17-2005, 03:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by UBOW
When metal is heated it returns to its original shape.
Then why don't all the cars in Arizona and Nevada turn back into big sheets of flat steel?

Just kidding around. I'm feeling kinda goofy today!
Old 06-17-2005, 03:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

HOLY SH*T! Sorry about the dents,you are one cool cookie about it though. i don't know if i would have had the same mindset as you. two tone it, i wish i could but don't want to "have" to do it. if you stay there (or they do) you can always start a rock garden!!!jk.
Old 06-17-2005, 03:27 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

2tone here I come

I got 4 pet rocks out of it too....

Thanks for the support guys.... I really didnt have a choice about keeping my cool. Being aggresive wouldnt have got me anywhere and might have ended up getting more stuff thrown at it. We will see what insurance says, maybe they will open an investigation. I dont know though, Ive never been in this situation. Maybe I shot myself in the foot by saying I wasnt expecting money.
Old 06-18-2005, 08:37 AM
5 Year Member

I feel for you man... I don't have a Scion yet, but I just ordered an xB today, but in the 6 months that I've lived at my current location (across the street from a high school - lots of kids walking by every day), my current car ('97 Ford Explorer) has been keyed twice and had its windshield cracked, all three of which I'm positive happened while it was parked on my street. No garage at my house, so I'm worried about parking my new xB there when it comes in. I thought about getting a cover for it, but that seems like it might just encourage kids to mess with it... its also a predicament because I have know idea who's doing it, it could just be random kids walking bye.. seems like a covert video surveillance operation might be the only answer... Any thoughts folks?
Old 06-18-2005, 03:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by matt_a
Originally Posted by UBOW
When metal is heated it returns to its original shape.
Then why don't all the cars in Arizona and Nevada turn back into big sheets of flat steel?
Actually they do! It is a little known fact that the Arizona heat is strong enough to straighten out dimples and tiny dents. ... it's right here in the Arizona tourism brochure. They wouldn't lie would they?
Old 06-18-2005, 06:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Lie? Of course not! They also say that Arizona is good for alergy sufferers, and they believe that. I had to leave Phoenix in 1980 because of alergies.
Old 06-20-2005, 02:10 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Well my deductable is $500 I hope I dont have to go through it after its fixed.
I guess they are going to send out an inspector, so I guess it hasnt been approved yet.
Old 06-20-2005, 03:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Jesus, those are the rocks? You're lucky the damage wasn't worse. Can you move your car to another location?
Old 06-20-2005, 03:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dude, while i was reading this i was just getting madder and madder that sooooooooo sucks. especially when you know its punkass kids that hide behind moma's skirt. i would throw some ____ back at them but thats just.
Old 06-20-2005, 03:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Best thing might be to befriend the kids somehow. If they see you as a ***** they will constantly mess with you, they could view the new paintjob as fresh meat. I have done this with other issues involving neighboe kids. Hard to do but it could work.
Old 06-20-2005, 07:32 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by alexw1
Best thing might be to befriend the kids somehow. If they see you as a ***** they will constantly mess with you, they could view the new paintjob as fresh meat. I have done this with other issues involving neighboe kids. Hard to do but it could work.
Well I never did see the kids in person....I just spoke with the adult. I wasnt aggresive or coming off like a jerk so Im hoping it wont cause more things thrown. When I got back to my parking spot, I could hear them in the backyard walking around. Hopefully they looked over the wall, I tried to park like I normally do, so they can see that I wasnt lying about it. Im working on getting a different spot to park. Im still not looking forward to all the stuff involved with filing a claim and the time it takes to get back to normal.

If it does happen again, after its been painted.....I dont think I will be too calm to say the least.
Old 07-11-2005, 06:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Lift some fingerprints from those rocks and do the CSI thing. You know, lift prints, analyze the composition of any soil particles still attached to the rocks, get a soil topography map from the US Geological Survey. Swab for epithelials. I doubt the kids are taking the time to put on gloves before throwing rocks over the wall.

I don't know if you can point a spy cam at their yard or whatever to capture them doing it but that would be nice for the police.
Old 07-11-2005, 08:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so, whats the verdict? are you getting it fixed?
Old 07-29-2005, 06:59 PM
5 Year Member

I have a few dents on my roof too... I was quoted between 1200 and 2500, what about you?