Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Endless Vita Nuova Review!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2005, 03:27 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Endless Vita Nuova Review!!

Ok so as you can tell, I'm gonna make a little review about Endless Vita Nuova brake pads. I've seen alot of mention regrading Axxis, EBC, and Hawk pads, but very litte, no...NOTHING regarding Endless. So here I am for those who are interested or ever wondered about Endless!! I'll try to be as informing as possible, if there's something I've missed feel free to ask. Anyway...on to the review!!

I ordered my Endless Vita Nuova's Friday Dec 9th from www.endlessusa.com and on Tuesday Dec 13th they arrived at my door! What I thought was really cool about Endless was the selection of compounds I could choose from available for the xA and xB. The selection includes (in order of uhh...let's just say intensity ) Vita Nuova, Super Street Sports-Y & S, and the CC-X compound. I'm not gonna get into each one's characteristics though, if you're interested here's a link: http://endlessusa.com/products/index.php?id=2

Anyway, the Vita Nuova's are Endless' entry level compound

Installion was a breeze, took me about 45 mins and this was my first time changing my own pads! Nothing intense was needed, just your normal hand tools. jack, jack stands, a towel (to wrap around the brake resevoir, brake fluid+paint=not happy), a plastic cup and turkey baster (to take care of excess brake fluid), a Quick Grip to push back the piston (which I recommend...HIGHLY. I included a pic below for those who don't know what this blessed tool is), and of course...the usual *****, patientce, and whatever it is you do to make you feel better if things don't go you're way. In my case, a cold one.

Anyway, after doing the install, Endless recommend that you brake your bads in immediatly after installation. This process includes driving to about 30-40 mph and stopping like you would normally 20-30 times. From then on it's normal driving after that. I should also say that it's recommened by Endless aswell to avoid doing hard braking (aka togue runs ) for about 25 miles. No biggie.

Performance wise all I have to say is WTF WTF BBQ!! I love these things!!! Awesome intial response, a solid feel, and just pure ***** makes these things a winner! When it comes to city driving, there is now very little, and I mean VERY LITTLE effort to slow down the car. Just applying a bit of pressure from your right foot and the pads slow the car down effortlessly, safely, comfortably, and noise free. With these pads, applying the brakes as you would normally with the stock pads to slow down for a red will stop your car in a "Aw man, looks like I really WON'T make it past the yellow light" fashion, and applying the brake as you would do so for the later makes your car stop in a "WTF!!! THAT ***** JUST CUT ME OFF!!!" way. Now when it comes to togue...oh man, these pads are great!! Again, the pads give you solid brake feel, and quick intial response. braking distance for the next turn is shortened because of the increased stopping abilty, and brake fade is minimal. These pads truely make you feel confident in your cars stopping abilities because of its stopping power! Both on the street and/or for those spirited drives.

Of course, in the car world, in order to better something, something or somethings need to be lost. Doing the whole I/H/E, you lose some of your low end torque, turbocharging your car means that you have to give the turbines a few to spool up, throwing in some suspension components that increase handling means for a rougher ride...you get the picture. As seen above, because of the compounds used in the pads...brake life, brake dust, aswell as brake noise are reduced. In all honesty though, I don't see much of a difference when it comes to brake noise...in fact i don't hear anything at all. Along with those, price is also a drawback. As you may or may not know, Endless products are very pricey. My Vita Nouva's, being only entry level pads, cost me including tax ($9.30) and shipping($8.51) a total of $137.76. That's alot of money for just pads!! But I truely believe in the concept that "you get what you pay for" These pads are truly worth the price and IMHO are superior than any other aftermarket brake out there for our cars!! You're probably wondering "how can he say that when he just came off of stock pads?" Well, my cousin has EBC pads, and my friend has the Axxis pads. Both are the best lines both companies offer, so I've had a chance to test them out. I have nothing bad to say about them, they offer great quality at a great price, and I was very close in purchasing the Axxis pads. But something that day swayed me into saying "No" and purchased Endless instead. I'll be honest, that day I was like..."F---, I shouldn't have done that...I probably, would've just been as good if I were to get Axxis pads", but the day they showed up at my door step and the moment when I first broke them in...they truely were worth every single hard earned dollar, and not only do I plan on getting Endless again, but I plan on getting Super Street Sports-Y!! Another drawback about Endless is that it's not as easy as it is to get EBC, Hawk, Axxis, and whatever else is out there. There were only about 9 dealers within a 100 MILE RADIUS. Fortunetly there was one 12 miles away from me....UNFORTUNETLY....they acted like a bunch of unproffesional ****** and gave me a week long runaround, so I said "F--- 'em" and ordered from the company directly, which I might add was a pleasure ordering from and dealing with. So yeah, if you don't mind investing a litte (just a little ) bit more money, then I highly recommened the pads that Endless offers, you won't regret it!!

Sorry that this was so long....but I'm not gonna be the usual "These pads were good, great intial response, awesome stopping power, and solid feel. A breeze to install. Drawbacks? Expensive and hard to find"

Also, sorry I don't have any pics of them installed, when I find time I'll update this post with some! But here's a pic of the Quick Grip that I mentioned above, cost me about $19 bucks including tax
Old 12-19-2005, 04:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Excellent post and a nice review!!

I think I may have found the brake pads I am looking for. Although I will probably go with the Super Street Line since I have a tendency to use heavy braking at high speeds. That and the non-steel material sounds like it will be great for rotor life.
Old 12-19-2005, 08:41 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Glad I could be of help! I would definately go for the Super Street line next time around!!! The SS-Y's intial response looks tantalizing. That or I may just get my grubby little hands on whatever Project Mu has to offer and compare from there!
Old 12-23-2005, 10:39 PM
5 Year Member

did you replace the rotor as well? or just the pad? i usualy like the axxxis metal masters, might have to check those out.

and the quick grip is ok, but more parts stores sell caliper spreaders for about 7$.
Old 01-11-2006, 04:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Great review. I've been wanting these and drilled/slotted rotors... Now that I see a solid review for our cars I will def get them ASAP.