Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Expressway MPG

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2004, 07:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

i was soliciting opinions, u r correct, however, u seemed to wanna make your opinion known over everyone elses..no biggie, however there are more constructive ways to do so my friend..altho some of which you have typed is definately valuble information..i feel as tho i have effectively disputed most of the facts you have presented, if only to further my case...

when they find the car is fine...
nice to know u have officially diagnosed the prob, and come to a conclusion....without seeing the car or my driving habits and what not

I truly appreciate EVERYONE's opinions that i have so rightfully solicited here at this board (which has A plethora of info on it ..no doubt!!) and i hope to actually keep contributing here , instead of just _____ing about my MPG issue...lol...thanks all i will post soon to let you all know the outcome..
Old 06-11-2004, 09:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I wish everybody got at least the average posted ratings on the sticker, I have yet to empty my first full tank to know which end of the stick I'm holding

Someone asked what the mileage ratings were, and I think this prevents you from claiming any lemon laws unfortunately. Here's the sticker from my manual:

31: 26-36mpg in the city
34: 28-40mpg on the highway

So if you are averaging 27mpg, that's a 50/50 split on the low end of acceptable. Certainly worth taking it in to find out if anything can be done, but it looks like you're just at the low end of their rating system. Many people report better mileage later on, probably as the rings seal better and provide more efficient combustion. You might have rings that didn't seal right from the start, make sure you're not burning oil, I think that would be another symptom.
Old 06-11-2004, 10:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

I started the sentence with IMO = In My Opinion. I thought it was a discussion, anyone's welcome to chime in.

You told us what your driving habits are - 70 MPH.

It just seems like a lot of time spent for $200-300 a year on avg. Not to mention possibly an attorney and experts if you're taking them to court. It's not an easy fight...

Claim of poor gas mileage insufficient to meet lemon law. Robbins v. Toyota, 95 New Jersey Adm. Rep. 19 (Lemon Law Unit 1993)

Alleged Poor gas mileage is not covered under Lemon Law. Hassmiller v. Ford Motor Company, 97 N.J.A.R.2d (CMA) 10.
Old 06-12-2004, 12:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

very interesting read bro, altho it does state that most poor gas milage claims are filed as breach of warranty..
Old 06-15-2004, 12:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

sooo scion advised me that i need to fill 3 more tanks of gas, and drive under 3500 rpm at all times, i tried to explain we basically already did that..since the start of our trip to west palm....that was 2 tanks , and then a third after we got back into Jax...they now want us to fill up 3 more times...this however would put me past the 60 days the lemon law booklet states i have to file a claim, is this a ploy to exceeed those said limits? What do u all think?
Old 06-15-2004, 12:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

sooo scion advised me that i need to fill 3 more tanks of gas, and drive under 3500 rpm at all times, i tried to explain we basically already did that..since the start of our trip to west palm....that was 2 tanks , and then a third after we got back into Jax...they now want us to fill up 3 more times...this however would put me past the 60 days the lemon law booklet states i have to file a claim, is this a ploy to exceeed those said limits? What do u all think?
Old 06-15-2004, 01:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by cmdxb
First, let me say I'm assuming Florida. From what I read, the only reference I can find to 60 days is "60 days after the "Lemon Law rights period" which would be

"Lemon Law rights period" means the period ending 24 months after the date of the original delivery of a motor vehicle to a consumer.

http://www.yourlemonlawrights.com/st...htm#Lemon-Laws

You've already started the ball rolling, I think your OK on that scene.
Old 06-15-2004, 01:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

I haven't calculated my mileage day-to-day...maybe I should do that.

I did however, calculate my mileage goin' 80mph across Arkansas, and I got 35mpg. That was during a trip from Texas to Cincinnati, Ohio and I got around 34mpg during the trip (all highway miles).
Old 06-15-2004, 04:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

With my trip to BOTI, I burned 11.36 gallons in about 240 miles. I'm pleased with that considering the time I saved. Without going into detail, the caravan was almost an hour ahead of me and I beat them to Bakersfield... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Old 06-15-2004, 12:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by Nic Diamond
I haven't calculated my mileage day-to-day...maybe I should do that.

I did however, calculate my mileage goin' 80mph across Arkansas, and I got 35mpg. That was during a trip from Texas to Cincinnati, Ohio and I got around 34mpg during the trip (all highway miles).
i didnt even break 28 mpg on my all xpressway trip to West Palm..thats my biggest issue....

and TheScionicMan, that must be what i read, i thought the LINMIT was 60 days, i will go re read my booklt tonite, thank u for pointing that out!