Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

funny noise in rear passenger quarter panel?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 09:44 PM
SL Member

Default Re: Wierd Rattle

Originally Posted by super-tc
So it's the door not where the rear speaker is? I you could take apart the inner door panel and wee whats make all the commotion. Then if thats not it check your rear speakers. hopefully that helps.
i'll keep the speakers in mind, but considering the noise i hear when i move the door back and forth, i really think it's coming from the door. i have the bumper-to-bumper warrenty on my box, so i can just have it fixed. but in the spring i'll be gutting my box to add deadening material, so i'll have the door panels off then. i was just wondering if it's really just glued in, or is it screwed on?

i wonder what it's there for? are they so important that i need them?
Old 02-13-2008, 05:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by L33TFooMaster
So it's the door not where the rear speaker is? I you could take apart the inner door panel and wee whats make all the commotion. Then if thats not it check your rear speakers. hopefully that helps.
i'll keep the speakers in mind, but considering the noise i hear when i move the door back and forth, i really think it's coming from the door. i have the bumper-to-bumper warrenty on my box, so i can just have it fixed. but in the spring i'll be gutting my box to add deadening material, so i'll have the door panels off then. i was just wondering if it's really just glued in, or is it screwed on?

i wonder what it's there for? are they so important that i need them?
Its just sound deadening. I've seen some of the foam pieces before. it seems like scion just threw them in because they needed to get rid of them LOL.
Old 02-14-2008, 01:19 AM
SL Member

Its just sound deadening. I've seen some of the foam pieces before. it seems like scion just threw them in because they needed to get rid of them LOL.
ok, so i should be fine to get rid of it... especially if i'm gonna gut my car and coat everything in deadening material anyways, right?
Old 02-18-2008, 04:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by L33TFooMaster
ok, so i should be fine to get rid of it... especially if i'm gonna gut my car and coat everything in deadening material anyways, right?
That should be fine, in theory anyway but i'm not sure. I hope it works out for you because anything that rattles in a car is super freaking annoying.