First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

funny xB Q&A

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2004, 11:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by JDMJim
My brother said the car was an Element ripoff, My wife waves at every person that stares at us now, I have seen a cop nearly drive off the road staring over his shoulder, I could go on forever.

Tell your brother the bB is older than the Element.
Old 08-25-2004, 12:09 AM
5 Year Member

yeah one day there was a guy asked me if it was 6 or 8 cylinders and i told him it was v-12 the guy was like oh f&*6 i said yeap that;s right. :twisted:
Old 08-25-2004, 12:19 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa

Originally Posted by JDMJim
My brother said the car was an Element ripoff, My wife waves at every person that stares at us now, I have seen a cop nearly drive off the road staring over his shoulder, I could go on forever.
dude it was so funny cause I debadged my box. when I got pulled over the cop was writting a ticket, then he was comming to the car, looked at the little window thing went back to his car came back and gave me a ticket saying my car was a toyota xB, an there was already a crossed out make. then I told him it was a scion, and he got ____ed at me
Old 08-25-2004, 05:12 AM
5 Year Member

these stories are great and all (rest assured i have plenty myself), but what i don't like is having to pay more attention to other drivers to avoid getting my box slammed into. Everyone seems to stop whatever they are doing to look and that includes driving. i have owned my HL since April, and i have come close to getting run over many, many times. you know how it goes, when people turn their heads to look to the side while driving, they inadvertantly start veering in that same direction. I wish the horn had a little more gusto.

i love my box, but i have almost gotten neurotic about keeping lots of distance between me and other drivers. i just don't want to wind up like the others who have posted pictures of their box after getting creamed. How many HL's have we lost already (at least the ones who post on the board), 4? 5?

the attention is great, but rubber necking is dangerous.

Old 08-25-2004, 10:29 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Cscionlava
these stories are great and all (rest assured i have plenty myself), but what i don't like is having to pay more attention to other drivers to avoid getting my box slammed into. Everyone seems to stop whatever they are doing to look and that includes driving. i have owned my HL since April, and i have come close to getting run over many, many times. you know how it goes, when people turn their heads to look to the side while driving, they inadvertantly start veering in that same direction. I wish the horn had a little more gusto.

Horn is a quick cheap easy mod. Any neighborhood auto parts store carries a bunch of different types. I swapped my road runner horn out the first week with a "average" sounding horn. Then this past weekend I was at the Dream Cruise here in Detroit and the Chevy "New Revolution" semi was driving by with an air horn you could hear for a mile. Needless to say, the all powerful air horn is on order. Can't wait to use that on someone!
Old 08-25-2004, 10:48 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TheScionicMan
They are hybrids - they run on a mixture of gas and style
Best Line Evar!!1!
Old 08-25-2004, 02:36 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa

Originally Posted by vanhate
Originally Posted by Cscionlava

Horn is a quick cheap easy mod. Any neighborhood auto parts store carries a bunch of different types. I swapped my road runner horn out the first week with a "average" sounding horn. Then this past weekend I was at the Dream Cruise here in Detroit and the Chevy "New Revolution" semi was driving by with an air horn you could hear for a mile. Needless to say, the all powerful air horn is on order. Can't wait to use that on someone!
i've been thinking about ne of them, let me know how it goes
Old 08-28-2004, 05:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I find alot of people think it's a six cylinder when I'm showing them the car.
Old 08-28-2004, 07:34 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

My friend's neighbor walked over and she asked if the batteries go up front.

I really wanted to say, "Yeah", but told the truth.
Old 08-29-2004, 05:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

i get my many questions, when Im feelin a bit stupid I tell people ''its a daewoo, they're making a comeback''

:D
Old 08-29-2004, 05:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default ......

Originally Posted by BLeeK™
i get my many questions, when Im feelin a bit stupid I tell people ''its a daewoo, they're making a comeback''

:D
hahah
Old 08-29-2004, 06:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I never just get a few questions, I don't know what planet you guys are on. I get crowds, i came out from grocery shopping one day after I had just gotten the rims on it and I had 18 people standing there and pointing. I just started carrying business cards from the local dealerships along with brochures. I just hand them out and leave.

I'll answer simple stuff such as:

"do you like it?" "yes"

"does it get good gas mileage?" "not the way I drive it"

"what is it" "it's a scion, it's from toyota, the lexus is toyotas high end, scion is the entry level"

anything more difficult than that or more ignorant than that gets the business card and brochure and i leave.
Old 09-01-2004, 04:16 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

So I was racking my brain thinking of something worth using my first post to say, and it was delivered to me tonight.

Middle Aged Guy in 7-11 parking lot: "What the hell kinda car is that?"
Me: "It's a Scion xB."
MAG: "Who's it by?"
Me: "Toyota."
MAG: "It looks like some kind of flying car or something."

I was pretty disappointed he didn't ask me what it runs on, I've been dying to tell someone that it has a flux capacitor.
Old 09-02-2004, 02:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

My father since day one said it reminds him of the old milk trucks when he was a kid, after doing an image search on milk trucks I guess hes not wrong.

Old 09-03-2004, 01:12 PM
5 Year Member

Default Talking down Broad Street

I have a Mercedes Benz hood ornament and trunk star on my debadged xB. last night was a beautiful night. Everyone was driving with windows open. I'm in the right lane heading south on Broad St., Philadelphia, and this white car in the left lane is matching my speed. We get to a stop light that turns green. I have a car stopped in front of me so I can't go yet. The white car with two bros. in it doesn't go either, but there's no one infront of them. I say to my passenger: "I wonder why thy're stopping for a green light.
The next block they slow down and pull behind me. Then they pull up next to me and slightly ahead; then right next to me. They ask me what kind of car it is. I tell them it's a Scion xB. They ask me if Mercedes makes it, because their friend got one, but they didn't know it was a Benz.
I told them that I was just having fun. I said: "This is my $15,000 Benz."
They liked this and said it was a cool idea. They were going to tell their friend he should do this.
About this time the people trapped behind us as we were driving and having a conversation started honking.
That was the first time I've had a pleasant conversation with another driver while moving down Broad St.
Old 09-12-2004, 06:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default &*(^*%& gateway

Most people think I work for &^$^%&#& gateway!

Ppl with kids in the car seem to like my car.

Next time a nice looker asks I should say "Got Milk?"

BTW - Is the "Got Milk" thing just here in CA or is it elseware too?
Old 09-12-2004, 07:03 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa

its everywhere
Old 09-12-2004, 07:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

quote] dude it was so funny cause I debadged my box. when I got pulled over the cop was writting a ticket, then he was comming to the car, looked at the little window thing went back to his car came back and gave me a ticket saying my car was a toyota xB, an there was already a crossed out make. then I told him it was a scion, and he got ____ed at me[/quote]
What was the ticket for???
Old 09-12-2004, 01:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Revolt Imports
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by Naes
As I was pumping gas into my xB a guy came out and asked if it was electric.

"Yea. It is."
I had this happen to me too. I told the guy that I haven't pumped gas in so long that I wanted to remember what it felt like. He looked at me funny then got back into his 18 wheeler and drove off. The guy next to me was cracking up.
Old 09-12-2004, 03:08 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa

Originally Posted by bBlover
Originally Posted by boombox757
dude it was so funny cause I debadged my box. when I got pulled over the cop was writting a ticket, then he was comming to the car, looked at the little window thing went back to his car came back and gave me a ticket saying my car was a toyota xB, an there was already a crossed out make. then I told him it was a scion, and he got ____ed at me
What was the ticket for???
I was running 11 cold cathode tubes and my car was too bright, stupid ticket, _______ cop

Quick Reply: funny xB Q&A