Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Give me some comments

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2004, 03:02 PM
SL Member

Default Give me some comments

I have had my car in the gallery for quite some time, I just wanna get some comments on what to do next to my box, you can either leave them on the gallery or msg me, im on AIM: cgxeagle too. I have ikon P33 17x7 w/205/40/17 and Goldlines. I have 2 15" Kicker Competition VR w/1400w Pyle amp. Sony Headunit. I also have the <agnaflow axle back from STYLIS. Im thinkin of these for my next items to purchase.

1. Injen Short Ram
2. DC Header
3. Short Shifter
4. BB Badges
5. CF Spoiler (the new fabulous style)
6. CF Hood
7. CF Strut Bar
8. CF Engine Cover
9. Projector Headlights
10. Grillcraft Grill

GIVE ME MORE SUGGESTIONS PLEASE

Tell me if these are good or bad ideas or what would be better

https://www.scionlife.com/gallery/member.php?uid=6384
Old 11-28-2004, 03:41 PM
5 Year Member

all sounds good. They only thing I wouldnt do is the bB badges. I was showing this a website to my Borther-Inlaw who lives in Japan. He saw sevral xB's with the bB badge and started makeing fun of it. Not the box itself but the fact that people over in the U.S. were doing this. He made some other good points about it, to long to get into but, I kinda agree with him. If it floats your boat go for it, or if it sinks it then don't. My argument with my Borther-Inlaw was that people should do what they like, and not listen to those that think all that is popular is better. I think that xB should stay the xB and not try to mimic another type of car.
Old 11-28-2004, 04:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I agree with scion_driver. Do what YOU like.

My only suggestion would be to move the short shifter up on your list for comfort. Not only does it reduce the length of throw and overall height but it also changes the angle so the **** is closer to the driver. First gear looks like neutral for the regular shifter. I always go for things that make the driving experience better before looks. Function before form.
Old 11-28-2004, 05:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Depends on what you want to do and what's important to you.

If I was in the mood to drop a lot of money on my xB, I'd put it into performance. I'd skip the CF stuff and put the money into forced induction and better handling, because for me a car is to DRIVE, not to park with the hood and doors open so my friends can nod their approval. If I should happen to get bitten by the customizing bug, I go to someone who could fabricate one-of-a-kind stuff instead of buying parts anyone could get. But that's just me.

As far as the headers and intake go, they'll add a little power but the difference will mostly be in your head. Hot damn, you spent a lot of money so it MUST be faster. A 5-10 HP gain will show up at the top of the power curve, and you don't do that much driving there anyway. Meanwhile, you might sacrifice a little low end torque. And the headers won't do much good unless you deal with the pipe between the header and your axle-back.

A short shifter is nice, no matter how you drive. If you want it for aggressive driving, though, then upgrade the clutch while you're at it.

Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges. However, I have a bB badge on the front of mine at the moment until I find something cooler to glue over it. No badges on the back. After all, how much is Scion paying us to advertise their cars?

The CF stuff? Sure, if you really get off on CF. As far as functionality goes, there are better (and cheaper) strut bars out there.

Projector beams? Sure, if it's worth it to you.

Grillcraft grills? I almost got a set until I saw how they mounted. I think there must be a slicker way that doesn't have screws showing or depend on keeping a stock grill behind.
Old 11-28-2004, 06:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by scion_driver
all sounds good. They only thing I wouldnt do is the bB badges. I was showing this a website to my Borther-Inlaw who lives in Japan. He saw sevral xB's with the bB badge and started makeing fun of it. Not the box itself but the fact that people over in the U.S. were doing this. He made some other good points about it, to long to get into but, I kinda agree with him. If it floats your boat go for it, or if it sinks it then don't. My argument with my Borther-Inlaw was that people should do what they like, and not listen to those that think all that is popular is better. I think that xB should stay the xB and not try to mimic another type of car.
I have a front bB badge number one because it looks better on the car. The massive Scion emblem is circle and doesnt flow with the box car style. Also in Japan they do the same thing with Scion emblems.
Old 11-28-2004, 06:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

Old Punk, you nailed it on the head.
Old 11-29-2004, 11:05 PM
5 Year Member

everyone's got different taste. best person to decide whats right for your car is you! good luck with it!
Old 11-30-2004, 09:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by scion_driver
Like he said, but everybodys got there own opinion. Do what you want to your box, just be prepared for comments (good and bad)

Jack
Old 12-01-2004, 02:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if you are going to get the grill craft grill then don't do the bb badge. just my opinion though. car looks good so far. you have a good start
Old 12-01-2004, 02:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if you are going to get the grill craft grill then don't do the bb badge. just my opinion though. car looks good so far. you have a good start
Old 12-01-2004, 02:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 12-01-2004, 03:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
StyleWagons
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Man, you must have really meant that ____!
Old 12-01-2004, 01:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Based on the pics, I'd say spacers on the rear. Surprised no one's said that yet...
Old 12-02-2004, 01:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

Mod gone wild!