Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Has anyone wrecked an xB?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2004, 02:08 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

man so many people point and stare. You are going to have to get use to that.
Old 11-16-2004, 02:53 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by erichlf
My car was a total.

Hey if it were not for that wreck I wouldn't have the xB.
It's all becoming clear to me now.
Old 11-16-2004, 02:55 AM
5 Year Member

Seriously, the stare factor is ridiculous for such a small, unassuming car like the xB. I never had any idea until I got mine and started watching people on the road around me as I passed. People even point!

It's not like I bought a Lamborghini people, c'mon!
Old 11-16-2004, 03:06 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey i see nothing negative about it i mean chicks are gonna think its cute as hell always a plus and damn if you can get someone to actually point at a car as if it was a lambo or a ferrari and you paid less than 20 for it thats hella cool
Old 11-16-2004, 04:51 AM
5 Year Member

i went to some races in houston the other night and got plenty of stares b/c everyone was at awe to see a girl driving an xB. it's crazy, but oh so much fun.
Old 11-16-2004, 05:15 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by tripertripp
hey i see nothing negative about it i mean chicks are gonna think its cute as hell always a plus and damn if you can get someone to actually point at a car as if it was a lambo or a ferrari and you paid less than 20 for it thats hella cool
And at least it's far better than the reaction Hummer drivers get. They get pointed at with a different finger, if you know what I mean...
Old 11-25-2004, 05:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

any pics of the wrecked tC??
Old 11-25-2004, 06:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

http://www.wreckedscions.com

thats my new site, im still working on getting pictures to put on it. i havent found any crashed xA pictures yet though
Old 11-25-2004, 06:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

My favorite website now besides SL.com
Old 11-25-2004, 06:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

The 1st Pic in the tC gallery is that the whole tC or just the rear compartment? Know what happened?? Anyone die?
Old 11-25-2004, 06:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bBlover
My favorite website now besides SL.com
haha thanks! it needs everyones help though to make it better. so if you find any crashed scion pictures email them to me at pictures@wreckedscions.com

theres a tC in there that looks like it got sliced in half, the news article i got it from said the driver survived. i wish they had more pictures of it though
Old 11-25-2004, 06:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

heres the article
http://www.wcpo.com/news/2004/local/10/10/poleax.html
Old 11-25-2004, 06:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I am suprised to see that in Cincy that city is my second home besides CA. Got lots of familia there.
Old 11-25-2004, 09:30 PM
5 Year Member

I think i might know of the craziest xB wreck thus far.... so im driving with my freind in his xB (luckily not mine).. and we are on the freeway when a car hits a a matress in there lane right in to our and irght in front of us.. we had no room to stop or move so he had no choice but to run it over. Well in trying to run it over it got stuck under his car and made us swerve all aorund and caused al ot fo friction.. as we finally stoped we got out and the mattress had caught on fire underneither and the car thne cuaght on fire.. in the end my finreds scion blew up.... fire dept came and put it out and he ended up with a new one about a month later but still.. craziest thing i was ever involved in.
Old 11-25-2004, 10:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i got rear ended by a drunk doing about 60 on the intersate. I wasnt moving at all. The car held up fine. Link to pics in my sig
Old 11-26-2004, 02:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Louisville327
Seriously, the stare factor is ridiculous for such a small, unassuming car like the xB. I never had any idea until I got mine and started watching people on the road around me as I passed. People even point!
It's funny, but the wife and I were comming home from dinner the other night and I have this honda riding my bumper on the onramp for the interstate. So I figure that he must want to play, so I wind her up to around 90 and he is still with me. After about 5 miles I'm done playing and get in the slow lane to let him pass and it's this old couple about 70 and they both just point and stare. It was a LMAO moment.
Old 11-26-2004, 03:03 AM
5 Year Member

Default Wrecked xB

Unfortnunately, this past Monday, some guy who was too busy doing something other than driving ramed his Sedan Deville into the rear of my xB. My 8 year old son was in the rear driver side seat. He has a high pain tolerence so when he let out a blood curdling scream and began crying, I was afraid to look back and see what condition he was in. After a minute or so he calmed down. I looked outside and I saw a coil spring rolling from left to right across the off ramp. I later learned that that spring was from the right rear of the xB. Both of us were pulled out of the car onto back boards, had cervical collars put on us and put in an ambulance and taken to the ER. The rear suspension was knocked out from under the car. The rear hatch was trashed as was the Borla Cat-back exhaust. The right rear door is jammed shut, the roofline buckled just above the right rear window, the right rear quarter-panel was driven into the right rear tire, the right rear shock tower was pushed over 5 or 6 inches to the left in the rear compartment and the rear seats are jammed in place. Right now I am not real sure that I will get another xB. The poor little thing was only 6 months old.[/url]
Old 11-26-2004, 03:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Hopefully u guys are better.
Old 11-26-2004, 04:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Wrecked xB

Originally Posted by wlingram
Unfortnunately, this past Monday, some guy who was too busy doing something other than driving ramed his Sedan Deville into the rear of my xB. My 8 year old son was in the rear driver side seat. He has a high pain tolerence so when he let out a blood curdling scream and began crying, I was afraid to look back and see what condition he was in. After a minute or so he calmed down. I looked outside and I saw a coil spring rolling from left to right across the off ramp. I later learned that that spring was from the right rear of the xB. Both of us were pulled out of the car onto back boards, had cervical collars put on us and put in an ambulance and taken to the ER. The rear suspension was knocked out from under the car. The rear hatch was trashed as was the Borla Cat-back exhaust. The right rear door is jammed shut, the roofline buckled just above the right rear window, the right rear quarter-panel was driven into the right rear tire, the right rear shock tower was pushed over 5 or 6 inches to the left in the rear compartment and the rear seats are jammed in place. Right now I am not real sure that I will get another xB. The poor little thing was only 6 months old.[/url]
wow, any way you could get pictures? non digital is ok too, i have a negative scanner.
i would like to also get accident stories on my site so people know how it holds up in different types of accidents
Old 11-26-2004, 10:58 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I am actually curious how many Hot Lavas are left on the road now. I know that Mr.LavaLava's XB is KO'd, but are there others?