Help me decide!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2004, 01:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS

Default Help me decide!!

I need help deciding on a color! And fast... Layin down the cash to pre-order tomarrow... Here's the problem: just got done reading the thread "question." in the xB forum... And people say to go see the colors in person... Trouble is, I can't see them in person because I live in hilljack country and have to drive at least 250 mi to go see an actual real life Scion xB. (I live in Indiana)... Anyway... The 2 colors I'm trying to decide between are the Black Cherry Pearl (which after seeing Itsdchz's xB in the thread here: https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5765 I decided I wanted)... and the other choice is Thundercloud (basically because I know what silver looks like in real life, and it's a realatively safe choice)..

Anyway.. Since I can only see the cars in photos, can someone tell me if the Black Cherry Pearl is... well... wtf color is it? I know that when you build an xB on the official site, it looks hella different than Itsdchz's pictures of his scion... I have also seen pictures in the registry where it looks maroon, which I hate maroon..

So... Any suggestions?

I just don't want to get the silver to be on the safe side, then see a Black Cheery xB and regret my choice..

Thanks in advance
Old 01-27-2004, 01:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

If you click on my profile, you can see the pics of my camo, and a pic of the white one (nevermind the graphics).

Also, if you look at some of the autoimportcraze.com event coverage from chinatown, you can see a whole slew of scions. Also, search in the registry...there's a ton of pics of every color in there. They're a lot better than the color pics on scion.com.
Old 01-27-2004, 01:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS

I should also add that I like the Black Cherry Pearl color that is seen in the "Build your own" section on the official scion site, and I also like the almost purple color of the one in the thread linked above...
Old 01-27-2004, 01:32 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
IV ACE

I would go with the cherry. It was either that or blue onyx for me but that day i saw a cherry drive down the street and I was like "hell no I aint gunna have the same color as anyone else here." Luckily, no blue xB sightings in my area for the last 5 months. the red looks nice with the right set of rims
Old 01-27-2004, 02:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

going off pictures(scion.com/ brochures)i was ready to buy either thundercloud blue onyx or black cherry pearl. before i got back i was ready to buy a polar white hands down. with camo or black sand as my safety choices. i ended up with the polar white (after SWEARING to myself years ago to never own a white car) i just fell in love with the color. hard to explain. and i drove more than 250 miles to find this all out. so what im saying is dont sell yourself on any color untill you see them all because you just might change your mind.
Old 01-27-2004, 04:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

polar white ROCKS!!!!
its a simple but outstanding color :D
Old 01-27-2004, 07:14 PM
Banned
SL Member

I woudd say that the Black Cherry is more like a royal purple. Out of all the stock colors, i like this one the best, even had one on order, till they ( TOYOTA ) annoced the Release Series 1.0. Now Orange is my color.
Old 01-27-2004, 11:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Go for the CLEAN LOOK!!

POLAR WHITE is the shiznit!

Check out my pics..more on my site.

Old 01-28-2004, 12:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS

Thanks for the input everyone... Polar White was an option for a bit... But after talking to my dealer for a bit on the colors, I just decided to go with my first choice when I first saw the xB... Camo Green! ;P

So much for choosing either Black Cherry or Thundercloud ;P
Old 01-28-2004, 01:51 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Sweet color isnt it?! :D I think it has the most character.
Old 01-28-2004, 01:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS

Can't wait to see it in real life =D... They said it should be in by the 13th of Feb.... I've waited this long... guess it won't kill me to wait a bit longer... =)