hey, my CD ate my CD Player! NEWT

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2005, 11:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default hey, my CD ate my CD Player! NEWT

ive only had my baby since september 04 and my cds are getting eaten already...i'm gonna take it to the dealer this weekend but anyone else having this problem so quick? i know i blast my music and use my cd player religiously......and its got a 1 year warantee but still....
Old 07-15-2005, 11:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

warranty is your friend. dont touch anything.

what would happen when i worked at BMW is if it is a radio problem they would send out the whole unit and give you a replacement (if its factory) then theyll mail the CD back.

is it aftermarket?
Old 07-15-2005, 12:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

noope!! stock! hehehe
Old 07-15-2005, 12:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

why a one year warranty then? its part of bumper to bumper. youll bg good till at least 36K or 3 years whichever comes first. i switched mine out to a hi power H/U because im cool like that
Old 07-15-2005, 12:59 PM
Banned
KAD
Scikotics
SL Member

I had problems with mine skipping, I took it in, and got a brand new one... The only problem is, it took 4 hours for them to install it. Does that seem like a little wrong to you guys too?
Old 07-15-2005, 01:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nope thats normal. even though it may take you and i 20 minutes, its fiddeling around wiht the parts people and overall other "important" customers at the time. and if your a waiter, expect to wait longer because of other waiters and long term jobs in the shop
Old 07-15-2005, 02:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I would have enjoyed a post more like, "hey, my CD ate my CD Player!"
Now That would be news!!!
Seriously, there seems to be a lot of this happening, especially with the single disc heads. That is what I have and frankly I'm a little concerned. I'm wondering if it happens just before the warranry runs out and all the new radios won't retrofit to mine..... What then?

Walt

Walt
Old 07-15-2005, 03:56 PM

this has happened before with other scions. The radio does sometimes have an error code when it eats the CD. yeah just take it back to the dealer, if you need your cd back, just turn off the car and turn it back on. Sometimes that works on gettin back your CD

Old 07-15-2005, 04:12 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Was at the toyotya service centre to fix a rattle in the engine(turned out the hoods leveling adjustment was the culprit) but the guy had this chick onthe phone and wanted her car serviced right now!! Even though they were booked solid. She figured she should take priority!! lol He was being very patient! Said she could come in and drop off the car and if they had time,they would look at it!! She wasnt happy with that! he eventually passed he on to a manager. Was comical to listen to though.
Old 07-15-2005, 04:45 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by flames9
Was at the toyotya service centre to fix a rattle in the engine(turned out the hoods leveling adjustment was the culprit) but the guy had this chick onthe phone and wanted her car serviced right now!! Even though they were booked solid. She figured she should take priority!! lol He was being very patient! Said she could come in and drop off the car and if they had time,they would look at it!! She wasnt happy with that! he eventually passed he on to a manager. Was comical to listen to though.
I find it just takes a little negotiating and a couple of pizzas/or donuts for morning time, and you can just about get anyone to squeeze you in. And to top it off, if it is not warranty items, they usually just charge you for the parts.
Old 07-15-2005, 04:47 PM
Banned
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

The OEM headunit shows error codes when a CD is eaten? Like the codes that show for the engine? Never heard that before.
Old 07-15-2005, 05:11 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by squirrel
The OEM headunit shows error codes when a CD is eaten? Like the codes that show for the engine? Never heard that before.
Aren't they putting codes on just about everything there is to do with a vehicle now? I have a 97 E150 and I was in a hurry and put my gas cap on I guess not tight enough, and the engine light came on. Making me think there was something seriously wrong. And to think people pay to go to the dealer to have this engine code read. They don't tell you "your gas cap isn't on right" either. It has a fancy name and a fancy charge.
Old 07-15-2005, 09:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah, about a month ago my head unit broke down on me too. the lcd showed "error 27" or something like that. Dealer replaced it gratis, no problems now.
Old 07-15-2005, 09:31 PM
Banned
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

Ah, didn't know. Plus I have aftermarket now.

THANKS!
Old 07-15-2005, 10:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yaw, I checked the sl forums when it happened to me but didn't find anything....
ahhh, aftermarket audio.....must be nice.
Old 07-15-2005, 11:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by Newtmaker
I would have enjoyed a post more like, "hey, my CD ate my CD Player!"
Okay just for you...i changed the topic lol
Originally Posted by Newtmaker
I'm wondering if it happens just before the warranry runs out and all the new radios won't retrofit to mine..... What then?
i dunno but im not paying for a new head unit thats for sure.

Originally Posted by Stylis
this has happened before with other scions. The radio does sometimes have an error code when it eats the CD. yeah just take it back to the dealer, if you need your cd back, just turn off the car and turn it back on. Sometimes that works on gettin back your CD
i dont get an error code at all. my LCD screen is

BLANK

or it'll just show the radio station i got my car on. but no matter how many times i press the GIMME MY CD BACK button it wont do anything...it wont even go into CD player mode. i tapped the head unit...okay i lie...i banged it three times and got it back but imma take it in anyway so if anything happens later on, they'll have it on record i had the issue earlier on. probably karma cause i picked on my girl when her stereo got stolen *blush* bad me.

Originally Posted by flames9
Even though they were booked solid. She figured she should take priority!! lol He was being very patient! Said she could come in and drop off the car and if they had time,they would look at it!! She wasnt happy with that! he eventually passed it on to a manager. Was comical to listen to though.
are u suggesting i should be itchy if i cant get in? *evil grin* mwahaha!

neway, i called them and they're booked solid...GO FIGURE! so supposedly someone is supposed to call me back so i can set an appointment....but that probably means they wont call me back. *shrugs* c'est la vie.
Old 07-16-2005, 03:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

LOL!!! the title made me look into this thread again. i was like "huh? how can a cd eat the player?"
Old 07-16-2005, 04:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Mine just said "Error" with no code the one time it acted up. Hasn't done it since, although it has skipped two or three times...
Old 07-16-2005, 04:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The Great Hyghgynx looks into his crystal ball...

"xBeepbeep, I see an '06 HU with iPod capability in your future..."
Old 07-16-2005, 10:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

^^^^ dont get me xcited!!!! lol

Quick Reply: hey, my CD ate my CD Player! NEWT