10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

:D
Old 10-29-2004, 01:31 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm 6'3" and 275, but I'm getting smaller. I was over 350 two years ago.

Back to the topic.

I have inches of headroom to spare and the seats are very comfortable in the xB.
I hauled 4 full sized adult freinds last week and noticed no performance difference in the vehicle.

The little engine in this vehicle is amazing. Let's hear it for VVT-i.
Old 10-29-2004, 02:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

I am a big man also, I fit in my xB very well. Nobody calls me tiny, most of the time it is just "Sir". I am 6'3" and tip the scales at 315.

Power to weight defines performance, 400 lbs whether it is 1 or 4 bodies is the same.
Old 10-29-2004, 02:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Hangfire
I have a simple question is scion pronounced like cy-on or scone?
I think Sign-ohn. People keep saying si-on. Its not "on" as in I am going to sit ON the car. Its OHN as in jOHN. Sci-ohn.
Old 10-29-2004, 03:23 PM
5 Year Member
sIcKsCiOnS

Default Element vs. xB

One thing to consider when comparing the Element to the xB is the maximum payload
capacity. I've read the the Element has a max capacity of only 675 lbs.
That means that 4 people who weigh only 170 lbs each will exceed the recommended capacity.

The xB has a max capacity of 920 lbs -- quite a bit more.

Plus the xB is just sooooo much cooler! :D
Old 10-29-2004, 03:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TheIcon
I think Sign-ohn. People keep saying si-on. Its not "on" as in I am going to sit ON the car. Its OHN as in jOHN. Sci-ohn.
WTF did you just say?
Old 10-29-2004, 03:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jdaniels
Originally Posted by TheIcon
WTF did you just say?
actually on their website they say its Sigh-On...also good job on being fat in an xB proud of ya! :?
Old 10-29-2004, 03:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
OhioScions

hey big guy. As a former big fat guy 330lbs, but now a medium 210lbs, you'll enjoy hte room. I'm 6'6" and love the room for my length, and htere is plenny left for girth
Old 10-29-2004, 03:57 PM
5 Year Member

Wow!! thanks for all the responces!.... I will try and answer some questions first a "Tote the Note"lot is where a car dealer finances people who have bad credit like drug dealers, addicts prostitutes. insane persons, basicly people who are down on their luck. My dad loved helping these kind of people espacially the prostitutes A insane person shot him in the back of the head during a running gun battle.My dad put up a good fight but the head shot got him . The other guy also died a couple of days later from infection from his gunshot wounds. It wasnt a pretty sight....enough! thinking about it makes me sad

Now to the reason were posting! The salesman said the xb will get 40 mpg and go just as fast no matter how its loaded. My wife weighs 180lbs but shes real tall (she played baskett ball in college). We have two kids both from her previous marrgiage they are going to be real tall also( their dad was 6'11'' and also played baskettball in college). The salesman said we would all fitt just fine and from reading the post theres quite a few of us large people owning and driving the xb! We saw a white one last night with matching white wheels that looked cool.....now the next dilemia should I go with the automatic or the 5 speed?
Old 10-29-2004, 05:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default a weighty topic

Hi

I managed to fit two overweight people and three Big and Beautiful Women into my box. Probably total weight of over 1100 pounds. It was a tight squeeze in the back seat width-wise (too may hips) but fine with leg room, etc.

It did put a bit of a strain on the Box, lowered gas milage by quite a bit (20-23 miles per gallon) and the box was much lower to the ground than usual. We managed to cruise the streets of san francisco without bottoming out, without brake problems, etc.

So, I think you'll ok :D
Old 10-29-2004, 08:56 PM
5 Year Member

Well I think the hauling capacity issue is....a non issue Now Im not a lead foot but Ive read where some say the 5 speed is the way to go and some say the auto is the way to go The salesman at the dealer said they race a auto. he was also trying to sell me some wheels for $2000. I think I might take the advise of the guy that said buy the stripped down model.
Old 10-29-2004, 09:10 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa

Originally Posted by kenshi
:? ok I dont know why I thought weight factor would effect it. Sowwy :oops:
it would
Old 10-29-2004, 09:57 PM
5 Year Member

i agree, and besides theres so much more you can do to the xb. i think youll love it and will have plenty of room
Old 10-30-2004, 12:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

My son is 6'3" 320lbs and he fits in the car comfortably. He laughed at me when I bought it and said it was Fugly. Then he sat in it and changed his mind right quick. I'm about 185, wife is, well I won't post that! lets say not tiny, and I have two other teenagers. The whole family fits in just fine and the box still gets about 32 mpg and keeps up with traffic just fine.
Old 10-30-2004, 05:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok they lied to you...40 mpg lol...more like 30...which is still good but still not cool being lied to.
Old 10-30-2004, 05:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TheDanger
ok they lied to you...40 mpg lol...more like 30...which is still good but still not cool being lied to.
exactly

the only problem i might see you having, is maybe your sides not fitting into the bolsters on the sides of the seats. I'm 6'1 and 210, and i fit snug into the seats. but as far as head and leg room, you should be fine. and YES, unfortunately your car will be slower, but then again, out cars werent' built for speed
Old 10-30-2004, 04:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Element vs. xB

This is cool...

Al.Truistic
aB
Originally Posted by WineBox
...the the Element has a max capacity of only 675 lbs.
That means that 4 people who weigh only 170 lbs each will exceed the recommended capacity.

The xB has a max capacity of 920 lbs -- quite a bit more.

Plus the xB is just sooooo much cooler! :D
Old 10-30-2004, 05:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by scionracerxb
Originally Posted by TheDanger
exactly

the only problem i might see you having, is maybe your sides not fitting into the bolsters on the sides of the seats. I'm 6'1 and 210, and i fit snug into the seats. but as far as head and leg room, you should be fine. and YES, unfortunately your car will be slower, but then again, out cars werent' built for speed
exactly.
Old 10-30-2004, 05:48 PM
5 Year Member

Now to the reason were posting! The salesman said the xb will get 40 mpg and go just as fast no matter how its loaded.
The salesman more than lied to you! The only way to get 40mpg is to turn off the car and have the kids push you around in it.
The window sticker only states 35 on the highway. Now "IF" you are one of the 30% who happen to get one that actually does get the mileage they claim consider yourself lucky. You will find a lot of people on this board complain about it besides myself. 28mpg is the best I've ever done.
As for going as fast no matter how it's loaded, that part is true. He just didn't tell you how long it would take to finally get there.
You need to take the whole family down to the dealer. Get a different salesperson! Tell them that you are interested in taking one for an extended test drive to make sure everyone likes it. Also be sure to drive one that doesn't have the intake and exhaust on it. It gives it more power and makes a false impression on how the car drives. Unless you get the same options. The car has an amazing amount of room in if for 4 people. The front seat position isn't the best though. You can improve your comfort level greatly by putting spacers under the front mounting points and using longer bolts to raise it up. This works for giving you better thigh support if you have long legs. It all depends on you if you feel you needed it or not. I had an hour and a half drive home from the dealership and didn't make it half way before I knew I needed to change it.
Good luck and enjoy your XB. The only other thing you can do is get on the net and check out the dealers in your area. They have to sell the car for the same price but they can make up what ever they want for their documentation fees. I found a dealer that was $200 cheaper and cared about my business in another city. Everyone at the local dealership could care less about me and that even included the general manager that I spoke to about it.
Old 10-30-2004, 07:56 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

as far as my opinion goes the element is a little bigger but more pricier. You can get alot more on a base price xb than you would a base price element. and u won't have the useless rear sun roof...... And plastic fades over time so its nice gray shiney plastic in 3 yrs. its will be dull and using a ton of armorall...... plastic graypanels sre hideous.....

Quick Reply: Hi I'm a big fat guy! 5'9" 403lbs!