First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Hi I'm a big fat guy! 5'9" 403lbs!

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2004, 12:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hangfire,
i live in the moutains,up and down hills and i am getting 29mpg as an average,had this car for 6 mos. and i like it,if you drive it like you did not steal it,they are decent on mpg.,dont know your driving habits,but i am happy with my box,at the dealership every person they could pack in the car came along,3 people besides me,and it did alright for me,i bought a camo box,and i am happy as a pig in ____ with it!!! go for it,half these people are on their first car in their lives and dont know ____ from shoepolish
Old 10-31-2004, 12:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Hangfire
I think I might take the advise of the guy that said buy the stripped down model.
Thanks for the props, but I'm a girl!!

Stock is the best way to go. Aftermarket stuff is so much cheaper. And, that gives you time to see what's out there, what you like, and possibly find it on sale. My husband just did his bus with four $5 light tubes and looks as good as my stuff.

Go with the auto. Who wants to be shifting all the time!! If you want to a little more performance around town, drive with the O/D button off. Put the O/D button on when you're up to speed on the freeway or longer stretches. That's what I do most of the time and I get 30mpg. It does take a bit to wear in a new engine to get better mpg's.

Go to scion.com and print out the stock model in the color you want with the prices. Take that with you , or email it to a Scion dealership. They'll find the one you want. And don't settle for anything else!!

xB Auto Base $14,480
Dlr Handling $515

Total $14,995

Don't let anybody tell you different!!

Laura
Old 10-31-2004, 09:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Go Stock...

There are few options you need to get with the xB. The selection of color, trans, and perhaps radio (if you are not going to get a non scion one) is about it. If you want wheels or tires or anything get them elseware. [if you want to finance then the OK get them with the car ... but will be more expensive]

Test the seat and such. The xB is good front to back ... but might be a bit narrow for some.
Old 11-01-2004, 03:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I live in an area with rolling hills to flat but I've been able to get sticker MPG or better on every vehicle I've had...well except that '73 Ford Torino with the 400cid...no it was 9MPG on the sticker. Well at least in my xB the speedometer goes up faster than the gas gauge goes down!