Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

How Did You Get Interested In An xB >?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2005, 10:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: How Did You Get Interested In An xB >?

Originally Posted by pjracer
How did you get first interested in buying an xB? [snip happens] Any other experiences on getting hooked on the xB Scion??? PJRACER
It's ARLYN's fault!

Arlyn Ness, a salesman at Rochester Toyota, that is.

Arlyn's a heck of a nice guy and a good salesman, meaning he's low pressure and informed and very good to work with, and we bought a 2005 Camry from him in the fall of 2004. Last summer I was getting the oil changed on the Camry and chatting with Arlyn and I mentioned that I'd REALLY like something to replace the clunky '96 Grand Voyager that I'd been driving to and from work. He led me over to this funny looking boxy thing and the first thing that escaped my lips was "WHAT IS THAT?" but when I looked and sat inside I was interested. The next oil change I went on a test drive and it was all over, so this fall we ordered our 2006 xB in Camo. Arlyn took the van in trade and I don't miss it at all . . . . This is the MOST practical and second most FUN car I've ever owned! (That 240Z was more fun, but for different reasons. Far better looking too, but that's another subject ;^)
Old 11-13-2005, 12:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

We had seen some xB's on the road and my wife always said she likes them. I work for a Mazda-Lincoln-Mercury dealership and we had one come in from an auction. I checked it out and liked what I saw. I did some internet research and found that it costs under $15k, gets 30+ MPG and has as much room interior room as our current car (Lincoln Continental).
For the price of a new one, it didn't make sense to buy a used one so we bought a new one.

Reasons, in order:
1. styling and roominess
2. gas mileage
3. price
Old 11-13-2005, 02:00 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default buying a box

I had a 93 thunderbird that had over 100,000 miles on it. still ran good and i loved that car! However I kept my eyes open for something new. I was going to work one morning and passed a toyota dealership and saw this freaked out 2005 black box on the lot. I stopped and checked it out. Drove it around the block and was hooked!! I thought I would get a black one But saw a Blue onyx that looked to me looked better than the black. I purchased it in sept 04 and havent had a problem yet.
Old 11-13-2005, 03:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by losmorob
Do you find yourself looking for that special no door ding parking place? And when you walk away from your XB, do you turn around and look at it?
every time i drive it. I'll walk an extra 200 ft to park in a corner spot where i can tuck in as close to the curb as possible and away from people