Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

how many of u have gotten jacked???

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2005, 01:38 AM
5 Year Member

Default how many of u have gotten jacked???

i am on scionlife just about everyday. i don't post that much at all but i like to read most of the useful information that most of u provide. i am wondering how many of u have had your xb broken into? i was jacked a couple of months ago in las vegas. they took my head unit , subwoofer, steering wheel, and my @%#$ing luggage!! ii couldnt believe it! i have had my xb for about a year and half now with no problems until this. i was very disapointed how easy the thieves were able to get into the car. i was just curious to see the other horror stories out there. just wanted to tell all of u to take care of your xb's and be on the lookout. we all work hard trying to personalize our cars but there are those who want to hate.
Old 06-10-2005, 01:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

they took your steeringwheel? now that's just odd. alot of labor for something like that that isnt nearly as easy to sell as say a stereo. all about stealth. like hidden subs , hidden amp that sort of jazz. sorry bro. and no i have not been jacked.

last time any car of mine got jacked was 4 years ago and they took my subs , tried to rip out my door speakers and cut all the wires for my headunit in my ol 80 datsun wagon. then i got jacked a year later with my bimmer they took theyre time to listen and sort thru cds but didnt steal the amp that was wide open cuz my passenger seat was removed , oh and at sears my last job people went around jacking cars and basically broke the door handle surround in an attempt to jack me but no luck they did have.
Old 06-10-2005, 04:17 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

why I keep it stealth
Old 06-10-2005, 04:58 AM
Banned

My girlfriend...
Old 06-10-2005, 05:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

none so far
Old 06-10-2005, 05:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by hotbox05
they took your steeringwheel? now that's just odd. alot of labor for something like that that isnt nearly as easy to sell as say a stereo. all about stealth. like hidden subs , hidden amp that sort of jazz. sorry bro. and no i have not been jacked.

last time any car of mine got jacked was 4 years ago and they took my subs , tried to rip out my door speakers and cut all the wires for my headunit in my ol 80 datsun wagon. then i got jacked a year later with my bimmer they took theyre time to listen and sort thru cds but didnt steal the amp that was wide open cuz my passenger seat was removed , oh and at sears my last job people went around jacking cars and basically broke the door handle surround in an attempt to jack me but no luck they did have.
I am sure they took the steering wheel for the air bag. There is an underground market for those as much as for stereos. I had my old Toyota Van stolen twice. Once when I had a brand new stepside Silverado along side of it. Sorry for your loss
Old 06-10-2005, 06:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

last month they busted out my drivers side window and jacked my ipod out of my center console. (stupid to leave it in the car, i know) luckily they left all of my other stereo equipment intact. i got out with having to replace the window with an OEM piece for $100 and a couple of scratches on my door panel and somehow my steering wheel has a gash.

i bought the cheap ___ rear section cover that they sell from the dealership to cover up my sub enclosure. the nice thing about these cars is they're ISO-mounted, so its more work than most cars to steal the radio out of it.
Old 06-10-2005, 07:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

noone has messed with the scion yet... but not too long ago i got my gmc jacked

at my work in a busy parking lot in a mall in daylight....

all my stuff was mounted... amp screwed in and sub box bolted down

they sat in the back of my truck and unscrewed everything...

overall 1000 loss in equipment and a 175 dollar window

only replaced the cd player knew i was getting a new car

im suprised they havnt messed with the tC yet

thats what i get for working in a low class area
Old 06-10-2005, 07:27 AM
5 Year Member

none so far and hope it never happens
Old 06-10-2005, 07:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

none an thank god i think most of the car jackers are kinda boggled cus they wouldnt know what to do since its a new car...
Old 06-10-2005, 08:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well some jerk stole my rims tire caps i know there only tire caps but their chrome ones that are unique to my rims so i cannot find them at stores grrr! stupid bums!
Old 06-10-2005, 02:42 PM
5 Year Member

Just got my TCM xB a couple of days ago, so nothing yet. Trying to keep it on the DL as far as gear inside for people to see.
The car I traded in (a crappy old Pontiac Sunfire) just got jacked a couple weeks ago, right in front of my house. This genius broke a window, climbed into the drivers seat and must have camped out for a while... He took out the dome light, laid the seat way back and went to work trying to get the stereo out. When he couldn't do it, he smashed the HU up and left it there. Luckily he didn't notice the about $2500 worth of camera gear sitting in the back seat, must have been too pised about not getting the $50 dollar stereo

The xB has a safe and snug little spot in my garage from now on.
Old 06-10-2005, 02:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

I got a $2000 system stollen, 4 Kicker CVR's, a custom box and a kicker kx1200.1 amp, but what's weird is that they didn't beak in, no damage to the door and no slim jim, I have a viper alarm. Don't know how they got in...
Old 06-10-2005, 03:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

ok i have a couple of questions ... Do you guys show off your setups to alot of loacals in your nieghborhood ?? Cuz my neighborhood isnt the prettiest hood in the world. and once i turn that corner , i shut the radio cover, turn off the radio, turn off my interior lights and everything else audio. I had my car keyed in front of my house(1188 worth of damage) but thats when i barely got my car. After that my first mod was a alarm. I mean to do all this crap they have to know who u are and your daily routine. I mean yea just break a window and rip things apart. But to not break anything at all and not set off an alarm ?? COME ON... and in daylight in a packed parking mall. Was all of your sh*t stolen , was it visual to people when they passed by ?? Because if so .. then thats dumb to leave out open like that. I rent out my neighbors garage so i can hide my sh*t, and i hope and pray to god nothing like that happens to me or my car.
Old 06-10-2005, 03:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

mine got jacked at my work.... i ALWAYS turn my stuff off when coming home and b4 i turned off the highway...

but at that mall alot of peoples stuff was getting jacked... they were going pretty much car to car checking and seeing whats there... they knew when i was coming and when i was going... they more than likely steaked out... cuz a few days prior i saw a suspicious vehicle (didnt do anything ebcause i didnt know it was suspicious til after i got jacked)

needless to say if i ever see a black sunfire chilling outside my work again im going to beat someong
Old 06-10-2005, 03:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if and when i do anything to this car... ill be sure to have good tints, great alarm, and good installs
Old 06-10-2005, 03:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

olSkoolinbB:

You said you were supprised at "how easy the thieves were able to get into the car"

How did they get in? Bust a window? Pop a lock?
Old 06-10-2005, 03:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

All of my badges were ripped off, does that count?

Punk ___ kids!

I have owned a fixed up Civic, Matrix, and a fully hooked up xB, and surprisingly none have ever been stolen. :knock on wood:

The matrix did get keyed though, a week after I bought it!

-THE DON
Old 06-10-2005, 03:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

my first mod was an alarm, because i knew others were to come.

i hate to hear that this is happening and cross my fingers that it won't happen to me or any more of you guys.

but, like rolstc noted...the subs go off as soon as i hit any neighborhood that my car might be outside (mine, my girls, certain family and even at work) and the stereo is turned down. i also have a detachable face and that comes out of the car when i do. i've never opened the hatch since installing the subs in any of these places either, so nobody knows what's in my car. and until i can limo tint the rear windows, my cargo cover stays over the subs when i'm heading to any of thse places. you can ask any of my buddies, when its time to head back to the city, i make sure to cover-up, hell i'll pull over on the side of the expressway to cover the subs if i have to. and i don't live in a bad neighborhood, but some of my neighbors have bad friends.

some people think i'm paranoid, i think i'm cautious. my system only ran me $500, but i'd hate to have my box broken into for it. some people ask why i got it, i say for enjoyment. i bump it when i'm cruising and when i'm not in da hood, which is most of the time, so i get much pleasure from it.

but to be honest...are any of our cars safe from vandalism.

fyi...for those of you with alarms, be sure to 'accidentally' set them off from time to time. it's good to let people know they are there.
Old 06-10-2005, 03:51 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by ChiTowntC
noone has ____ed with the scion yet... but not too long ago i got my gmc jacked

at my work in a busy parking lot in a mall in daylight....

all my stuff was mounted... amp screwed in and sub box bolted down

they sat in the back of my truck and unscrewed everything...

overall 1000 loss in equipment and a 175 dollar window

only replaced the cd player knew i was getting a new car

im suprised they havnt ____ed with the tC yet

thats what i get for working in a low class area
hey i just joined this site because i have a friend that has a scion and told me to check out this site to look for some local shows, then i saw this topic and had to say something.
dude i am in the same boat you are, the mall parkinglot for a half hour in broad daylight and ur sh#t gets broke into, a couple of months ago some f#ckers pryed the lock out of the passenger side door and ripped the column out(a very sorry attemp to steal a car.. i think they were just breaking ____ and hoping it would start) then they popped the trunk and took 4 pioneer 760 watt amps and 4 rockord 12'' subs out of a fiberglass enclosure i made and NOBODY SAW ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!WTF IS UP WITH THAT???

Quick Reply: how many of u have gotten jacked???