Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

how many of u have gotten jacked???

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2005, 06:32 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by RumbleB
olSkoolinbB:

You said you were supprised at "how easy the thieves were able to get into the car"

How did they get in? Bust a window? Pop a lock?

they pryed the driver side door handle open and popped the lock. i have the scion security alarm and the damn alarm did not go off. apparantly, all toyota/scion alarms have a mechanism/"safety feature" that if u use the key to open the car door with the car armed, it will disarm the alarm. i tested it myself. i armed the car, got a flathead screwdriver, stuck it in the space that was pryed open and pushed down on a little piece behind the handle. the freakin door just unlocked like normal. i am so pist because i was never told by the toyota dealership about what they call a "safety feature." i would have never got the alarm in the 1st place.
Old 06-10-2005, 06:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I got jacked too. I have had my little box for just over 2 years and I never show off my interior audio mods but yet that didn't stop them from jackin me. In the past three months my box has been broken into, hit and run while parked in front my place, and fallowed by some gangsta's looking for a mark.

Its safe to say our little boxes are the hot item.

Ad-roc
Old 06-10-2005, 07:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

No car is safe. It only takes an elbow to remove a window. My Echo got broken into that way. Luckily, I came back right before they had time to open the door and grab my stuff. My CD player was on the seat and my backpack with my camera, checkbook, etc. I got really lucky.

Most cars can be broken into and stolen with nothing more than a flat-blade screwdriver. We had a Jeep stolen when i worked at the dealer. After seeing how they did it, I realized that most cars can be compromised in the same fashion.

I locked my damn keys in the car with all the lights on, the stereo on and idling in the middle of the carwash last night around 12:30 AM. Had to run 2 miles to get my wife's keys and drive back down to secure it, then leap-frogged them home... Talk about a scary time - cars sitting in the worst part of town, key in the ignition, lights, music drawing attention. My legs are still feeling it this morning cuz I ran my ___ off worrying about my little baBy. Thank goodness nothing happened.
Old 06-10-2005, 07:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

a little late for a carwash isnt it mark ? lol.
all I can say is i'm looking to buy the ca illegal alrm that shocks the assailant. only like 500 or so . not bad for shocking the crap out of the idiot mc jerkface that trys to jack your car.
Old 06-10-2005, 07:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Have you seen those things that work like The Club but they are powered to zap you if you don't have the remote.

Yeah, it was late but that's the only time I can get a few minutes free. I left last night at 11:30 and got both cars back at 2:00... groan... Plus it had practically dried by then so I was battling waterspots too.

IMPORTANT REMINDER: The keyless remote WILL NOT WORK if your car is running and the doors get locked from the power door lock button inside... My malfunctioning RKE bit me in the butt...
Old 06-10-2005, 07:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

that sucks. lol. but yeah they sell those alarms in nevada where i believe them to be legal.
Old 06-10-2005, 08:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what isnt legal in navada? lmfao

and doesnt the scion key with the chip in it prevent someone from using a flathead to steal your car?

i think im going to go experiment with my alarm too... because to this day i havnt heard it go off or know what makes it go off... prob something i should check into
Old 06-10-2005, 09:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My friend had a fully hooked up Civic with lojack, a starter kill, the club, viper alarm, and rim locks.

They simply towed it away and stripped it to the frame in less than 1 hour...

That was a professional job though, but it shows that no one is safe.

I'm pretty sure it was the shop that did his custom paint... So sad.

-THE DON
Old 06-10-2005, 10:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

a jack-resistant sound system (supreme j/k)

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...&highlight=cry
Old 06-11-2005, 01:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Well I haven't been jacked as of yet but I haven't had the best luck with my Xb...

1. Some ___ threw a cell phone at my car..(luckily after retaliation, his parents paid for the repairs)

2. Some stupid girl jumped in front of my XB in a Mcdonalds parking lot ,Luckily I was paying attention so I didn't hit her dumbass.

3. I parked my Xb in a hotel parking lot away from EVERYONE else and when I came back out from gettin toothpaste put on my face after an hr nap - a Corolla was next to it and the _______ that was in the backseat hit the same door i got the cell phone dent from! (But that got fixed as well )

But getting jacked is my main concern because I'm going to put a sub and some amps in...Hmmm...I mean I'm thinkin of getting an alarm for it since I park my baby next to my window but then again I sleep like a rock....so if its meant to happen...it will...
Old 06-11-2005, 01:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Someone stole the black grill off my car while I was sleeping for some reason.

I live in an affluent suburban town. This kind of stuff doesn't happen.
Old 06-11-2005, 02:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by Max2k

Sorry 2 say but it doesn't matter where one lives....people just steal n thats that...PLUS people jus HATE
Old 06-11-2005, 02:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Max2k

Max, why were you sleeping? What was your reason?

Old 06-11-2005, 02:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by hotbox05
all I can say is i'm looking to buy the ca illegal alrm that shocks the assailant. only like 500 or so . not bad for shocking the crap out of the idiot mc jerkface that trys to jack your car.

Are you kidding?
Old 06-11-2005, 03:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

nothing yet here either *knocks on wood* whenever i park beside an xB though, i make sure they have all four hubcaps first before i park lol. just in case yanno. lol.

my younger sis lives off Brookshire in CLT though and just about every 10 or so houses with a nice car has had their car stolen/broken into. they have a 3000 GT or ZX (im never sure) & so does their neighbor across the street...luckily theirs was in the garage but their neighbors car was stolen & taken on a joy ride on the highway...the kids crashed it and bailed. their neighbor only had liability coverage b/c the car was paid off....so they're just SOL.
Old 06-11-2005, 03:12 PM
5 Year Member

I have been robbed 3 times for about $1500. each time( over 6 years) There are ways to make it as hard as possible for theives to take your gear. Most theives aren't that smart so a little bit of extra work, some safety screws ,and some extra back straps will make things very difficult for them.
Old 06-11-2005, 03:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

My Wakaba.

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=65822
Old 06-11-2005, 05:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Originally Posted by SciFly
Originally Posted by hotbox05

Are you kidding?
I kid you not. hell they even have alarms meant for sale in south africa that shoot flames out from below the sideskirts and that system costs like 1500.
Old 10-19-2005, 12:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

all you need is a welder,rivet gun and the desire not to replace you head unit did it to my camry
Old 10-19-2005, 12:37 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

mine was broken into about a month after I got it. only thing related to the car that was stolen was the owners manual.. but they stole my back pack which had.. cellphone checkbook, and school text books in it.. also my Rx sunglasses were taken.. but me and boxy loxy are over it

Quick Reply: how many of u have gotten jacked???