Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

how many of u have gotten jacked???

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2006, 04:02 PM
5 Year Member

Wow, nothing has happened to mine yet. Fortunately for me I live in a Condo and my next door neighbor is a State Trooper who parks his patrol there a lot. Perks of living in a condo. And my work parking lot is always full of people during the day. I didn't alarm it yet because I figured it wouldn't do any good. No one's ever gonna respond to the alarm.
Old 02-03-2006, 05:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

When I was away at college, my car was stored at home. My mom comes out to go into the garage (apartment over the garage) and this guy is messing w/the cover on my car. She confronts him and he pulls a knife. My buddies from school who lived 3 apartments down were working on their cars. They punched the clock and went to work on the guy. My mom finally threatened to call the police because she thought they were going to kill him. The police show up like a half hour later and they're like "what happened to this guy." My mom tells them, "he came at me w/a knife and then I went to call you." The cop's like, "uh yeah." and then arrests the guy. Friends, ya gotta love 'em.
Old 02-03-2006, 05:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

i was in my bedroom, which looks down upon the driveway, and heard some glass breaking. i looked out the window to see someone leaning in my rear window, trying to take my subs out of the back through the window. so i threw open the window and fired a warning shot.

no one has messed with my car since

i hate living in the outskirts of the ghetto
Old 02-03-2006, 05:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

where in vegas did your car get broken into?
Old 02-05-2006, 01:29 AM
5 Year Member

Default jacked!

I got jacked last week. Someone smashed out my window and grabbed my PDA, Ipod, and portable GPS. I wish I could put up some bars in my windows to prevent break-ins. Cars are just so vulnerable to that type of stuff. You would need a safe to keep your stuff safe.
Old 02-06-2006, 05:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

You probably don't want to put bars on your XB windows, but here's the next best thing:

ACE Security Laminates Orange County Inc.
Ph: 714.318.4500
www.AceOrangeCounty.com

This is a high tech plastic film similar to window tint but much thicker. Once it cures, it's very hard to break the windows from the outside with anything. This is what cop cars have on their windows. They have a video that shows a car window taking hits from everything from a center punch to a baseball bat and not being broken. They apply it to all your windows except the windshield which doesn't need it because it's already made of laminated glass. I just had my box done and they did a great job. Well worth the dough. I'm in SoCal but they have dealers all over.
Old 02-06-2006, 06:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

The xB is so easy to break into, all you need is a little window air bag thingy, and a hoop catch thing on the end of a stick. I locked my keys in the car and they had it opened in about 1 min
Old 02-06-2006, 04:17 PM
5 Year Member

Can you post pics of your box so we know what it looks like? Is it really thick? How do you roll down your windows?
Old 02-06-2006, 06:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

They can slip a little air bag between the door frame and the box and pump it up slip a tool inside and unlock the door in less than a minute
Old 02-06-2006, 07:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ScionRyder
Can you post pics of your box so we know what it looks like? Is it really thick? How do you roll down your windows?
And how much does it cost for all the windows (minus the windshield) to be coated on a box?
Old 02-07-2006, 02:33 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by RumbleB
olSkoolinbB:

You said you were supprised at "how easy the thieves were able to get into the car"

How did they get in? Bust a window? Pop a lock?
Having owned a carwash for the last four years, I figured out very quickly how to "break in" to cars. A couple times per week, a car goes through the tunnel with the doors locked. Either the customer or one of my workers locks the door as they are exiting the car. The car then goes through the wash and the guy who jumps into the car at the end of the wash goes to pull it out and can't get in because the doors are locked. We then can't send anymore cars until that car is opened and moved so we loose money. At first, I called a tow company to come but that usually took an hour for them to arrive. One day I noticed the website listed on the tool they used to break in and the rest was history. I had it 3 days later and now I can break into almost any car in seconds with zero damage. Customers are amazed and a little dismayed at how easy it is.

This kit will open almost any door with ease: http://www.awdirect.com/awdirect/cat...ion&linkid=418

I thought twice about listing this website but realized I'd be kidding nobody but myself to think it would stop a would be crook from breaking into a car. Reading this post isn't going to make a difference one way or the other. If you're a dirt bag criminal, you're not going to spend the money on this kit and worry about breaking into a car "damage free". Am I wrong? I'm just showing you guys who easy it is to break in within seconds.....

Old 02-07-2006, 03:08 PM
5 Year Member

Neat, never knew this existed and now I do. I will probably go on a crime spree now The fact of the matter is that a typical break-in would be smashing your side window and grabbing whatever is there and running (like they did with my stuff). If I were a criminal, I would prefer the smashing method than using a long flourescent stick to unlock the door. The alarm will get triggered either way.
Old 02-08-2006, 02:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Allagash

Having owned a carwash for the last four years, I figured out very quickly how to "break in" to cars. A couple times per week, a car goes through the tunnel with the doors locked. Either the customer or one of my workers locks the door as they are exiting the car. The car then goes through the wash and the guy who jumps into the car at the end of the wash goes to pull it out and can't get in because the doors are locked. We then can't send anymore cars until that car is opened and moved so we loose money. At first, I called a tow company to come but that usually took an hour for them to arrive. One day I noticed the website listed on the tool they used to break in and the rest was history. I had it 3 days later and now I can break into almost any car in seconds with zero damage. Customers are amazed and a little dismayed at how easy it is.

This kit will open almost any door with ease: http://www.awdirect.com/awdirect/cat...ion&linkid=418

I thought twice about listing this website but realized I'd be kidding nobody but myself to think it would stop a would be crook from breaking into a car. Reading this post isn't going to make a difference one way or the other. If you're a dirt bag criminal, you're not going to spend the money on this kit and worry about breaking into a car "damage free". Am I wrong? I'm just showing you guys who easy it is to break in within seconds.....
what car wash do you work at? it's not automasters, is it?
Old 02-08-2006, 04:09 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by guyfrosty
You probably don't want to put bars on your XB windows, but here's the next best thing:

ACE Security Laminates Orange County Inc.
Ph: 714.318.4500
www.AceOrangeCounty.com

This is a high tech plastic film similar to window tint but much thicker. Once it cures, it's very hard to break the windows from the outside with anything. This is what cop cars have on their windows. They have a video that shows a car window taking hits from everything from a center punch to a baseball bat and not being broken. They apply it to all your windows except the windshield which doesn't need it because it's already made of laminated glass. I just had my box done and they did a great job. Well worth the dough. I'm in SoCal but they have dealers all over.
Hello Dave,
Thanks for the plug. It was a pleasure meeting you and I am glad you liked the way your xB turned out. Without incurring the wrath of the forum gods, I would be glad to help out any forum members with protecting their vehicles.
Take care Dave!

Seton
ACE/Security Laminates Orange County
http://www.AceOrangeCounty.com
Old 02-09-2006, 02:05 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by bassist1217

what car wash do you work at? it's not automasters, is it?
Is this an inside joke? Nope, not automasters......
Old 02-09-2006, 02:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

no. just that automasters is the car wash i work at, and we've had cars come through the tunnel like that and have to push em out of the way so we don't get backed up while we wait for the locksmith to come. one lady's was actually left running the whole time, and she got pretty mad about that.
Old 02-10-2006, 03:27 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by bassist1217

no. just that automasters is the car wash i work at, and we've had cars come through the tunnel like that and have to push em out of the way so we don't get backed up while we wait for the locksmith to come. one lady's was actually left running the whole time, and she got pretty mad about that.
Gotcha....

You guys need to buy that kit. It's cheap and simple to use. All my guys know how to use the kit in case I'm out for awhile. Being closed for an 1/2 hour to an hour when your busy can cost you hundreds.
Old 02-10-2006, 11:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Gotcha....

You guys need to buy that kit. It's cheap and simple to use. All my guys know how to use the kit in case I'm out for awhile. Being closed for an 1/2 hour to an hour when your busy can cost you hundreds.
we don't close. the car just gets ignored.
Old 02-10-2006, 08:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

original story: http://www.kcra.com/news/6884632/detail.html

CHP Raids North Highlands Chop Shop
4 Arrested In Suspected Stolen Car Operation

POSTED: 1:21 pm PST February 9, 2006
UPDATED: 1:54 pm PST February 9, 2006
NORTH HIGHLANDS, Calif. -- California Highway Patrol officers raided a suspected chop shop at a home in North Highlands Wednesday.

Investigators said they discovered the chop shop in the garage of the home and found a variety of suspected stolen car parts -- everything from windshields to tires -- belonging to dozens of different cars.

Four people were arrested on suspicion of stealing cars and gutting them for parts.

Investigators said the vehicle of choice for the operation was the 2004-2005 Scion.
Old 04-13-2006, 10:57 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

My friends XB got broken in to today. The face plate was stolen but the criminal could not take out the Unit itself. Sucks since he cant use the unit or sell it with out the main unit. So it was pretty much a waste of a break in. The damage hopefully can be covered.

Just warning all xB' owners, the person who broke in knew what they were doing it was a simple pop through the door handle and he was able to hook to latch, Pics can explain

Pics will be available tonight

Quick Reply: how many of u have gotten jacked???