I hit a rabbit. My poor xB is damaged :(

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 04:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default I hit a rabbit. My poor xB is damaged :(

WOW.

I hit a rabbit like 30 minutes ago. I got home and told my mom to check it to make sure I didnt have any remains on my car, I didnt wanna see it haha.

I think what was worse than seeing animal guts on my car, was the busted bumper and grill. Not to mention that bar (radiator bar? I have no clue what it is) is bent inward now.

I dont know what kind of warranty and insurance I have, but I need to get that fixed. It looks ugly and it looks sad And I've only had my xB for 3 months. Bah.

If I can't get the bumper replaced I'm just going to get a body kit bumper online. = /

Okay, I just had to share my frustration with everyone
Old 02-21-2006, 04:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: I hit a rabbit. My poor xB is damaged :(

Originally Posted by hxckid88
....I think what was worse than seeing animal guts on my car, was the busted bumper and grill. Not to mention that bar (radiator bar? I have no clue what it is) is bent inward now....
at least you had some sympathy for the rabbit you just killed...
Old 02-21-2006, 05:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol well the first thing I did was call my girlfriend. I whined how I kill a rabbit It was sad I felt so... gross. Like the first 5 minutes I was shakin up and i was like aaaaaaah I just killed an animal. But then when I saw my car...wow -.-
Old 02-21-2006, 05:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sure you did...

sorry your car is messed up though. i was thinking of telling you to post pics of the damage, but i thought it might have been a bad idea incase you haven't washed it yet.
Old 02-21-2006, 05:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Actually there was a big ball of fur where the hit was = / No joke, it looks like a bad comedy movie scene. A big crack and then a little bit of hair to top it off
Old 02-21-2006, 11:16 PM
Max
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I dont know what kind of warranty and insurance I have, but I need to get that fixed. It looks ugly and it looks sad And I've only had my xB for 3 months. Bah.
Warranty will not cover you hitting things, thats what insurance is for.
Old 02-21-2006, 11:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow I didn't think a rabbit do that much damage. That must have been a big one sorry about your ride. How about some pictures of the damage if you can.
Old 02-21-2006, 11:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

... busted bumper and grill. Not to mention that bar (radiator bar? I have no clue what it is) is bent inward now....
Is that bar the refrigerant tube across the front of the condenser? There could be a leak in the tube and condenser now. Better have the condenser and AC system checked out.
Old 02-22-2006, 12:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

phew! glad it wasnt the vw kind. damn dude that sux
Old 02-22-2006, 01:25 AM
5 Year Member

Yikes! That is a lot of damage for a rabbit at slow speed- imagine what a dog at 60 would do...deploy airbags, total the front end???
Old 02-22-2006, 01:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hahaha your 17 and cant even bare to see a dead animal sad to see and the funny thing is you had to tell your mommy to tell you if it was bad... hahaha, where the hell is prunesville?
Old 02-22-2006, 01:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i think you should leave it there as a trophy thats what ide do just make sure you leave it outside as to not breathe in the smells of the dead bunny the fumes coming off it could be deadly if you parkit inside a garage
Old 02-22-2006, 01:38 AM
5 Year Member

Jeeez, F the rabbit, look what it did to your car.
Old 02-22-2006, 03:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

haha I dont care! Thats gross. What if itsw head was like stuck in my grill. Im squeemish.

But anyway, my dad said if I can find the part online just order it. Since he is not reporting it to the insurance.... So Im going to order a body kit LOL What should I get? Actually, I need a HAWT looking lip. Nothing too expensive. I saw this wide body kit that looks awesome, but... I'd need hte whole kit. Its like the K1 or something.

And yeah, It was a big ___ ____ing bunny. Maybe Ill take pics with my camera phone and post it. Bah.
Old 02-22-2006, 04:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Oh WAA WAA Maybe next time you will pay better attn. to the road in front of you. Lesson learned I hope for the rabbits sake.
I'm only being harsh because I hate it when people don't even to try to avoid hitting animals. They act like they didn't do anything wrong. Or it was meant to be, lame BS OK enough ranting now. Breath deep.
Old 02-22-2006, 05:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well... I understand what you mean but I think you were just ASSUMING. Not to be an ___, really, I dont want to be understood like that.

I was going about 65, slowing down to about 60 because I was going over a small hill. The two lanes on this highway MERGE into one lane. It was at night and there was a car behind me (remember, these lanes merge so it was pretty close). No I wasnt drunk or high or on anything, but my reaction times are extremely slow in almost anything I do.

By the time I realized that there was an animal on the left (I was in the left lane, I was merging right), it came out RIGHT then.

Just to clarify that. I dont go around and hit animals for fun, I'd rather NOT run over an animal and save damage on my car. Wouldnt you? *shrug* I do know people that like to hit birds and racoons but I think its gross.

I think I have a right to whine because I just washed my car the day before and my car is like 3 months old, hah.
Old 02-22-2006, 05:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Tuners

It's alright man. I don't know why people are being jerks to you. Just ignore them. Not all Scion owners are nice! lol.

Sorry for all that was done to you. But you must keep moving forward. Find a cheap bodykit online, and look at this as a way of letting your xB evolve.
Old 02-22-2006, 05:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's cool, I understood everoynes concern lol.

Anywho.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me. How much would it be to get the stock bumper replaced? If it is going to be $200+, then I might as well look for a nice replacement online, the only thing about that is I have to think about painting the piece and getting someone to install it. Looking around, I tend to like the more radical racing look, rather than just a fat lip look. I'm willing to just upgrade since this piece is going to be replaced anyways.

and really, its not that bad. Yeah, its ugly, its cracked, its pushed in... But its not like someone would be like "OMG WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR CAR?!?" It's not jaw dropping horrible. But you know, my xB is my baby so i need to replace it
Old 02-22-2006, 07:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Well... "I understand what you mean but I think you were just ASSUMING. "

"my reaction times are extremely slow in almost anything I do."
I don't assume anything because we all khow what happens then. lol

If your reaction times are extremely slow you need to work on that. Maybe not learning to drive in a nice new car. Start with a hoopty until your skills are honed. It will make you appreciate a new vehicle more later on. Been there, done that.

Originally Posted by TANTALIZEDMIND
It's alright man. I don't know why people are being jerks to you. Just ignore them. Not all Scion owners are nice! lol.
The only comment I read that came close to being a "jerk" was p2filz with his comments about rabbit parts and such. And Yes, most Scion Owners are nice (including me) but I don't appreciate being called names for voicing my opinion. Why tell someone to ignore people just because you don't agree? That's not very nice or funny is it?lol
Old 02-22-2006, 08:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

It's cool, I understood everoynes concern lol.

Anywho.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me. How much would it be to get the stock bumper replaced? If it is going to be $200+, then I might as well look for a nice replacement online, the only thing about that is I have to think about painting the piece and getting someone to install it. Looking around, I tend to like the more radical racing look, rather than just a fat lip look. I'm willing to just upgrade since this piece is going to be replaced anyways.

and really, its not that bad. Yeah, its ugly, its cracked, its pushed in... But its not like someone would be like "OMG WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR CAR?!?" It's not jaw dropping horrible. But you know, my xB is my baby so i need to replace it
A CF front lip would look good on the TCM. It would also mean you could avoid having to get anything painted. They should cost fron 250-300 bucks. I think the front stock lip is around 200 w/out paint. I'd search out a stock style CF lip and be done with it. Just my 2 cent. Good luck!

Quick Reply: I hit a rabbit. My poor xB is damaged :(