Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

I hit a rabbit. My poor xB is damaged :(

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 08:20 AM
5 Year Member

i rammed into a coyote going while i was driving 80 mph in my moms rav 4.

tav 4s r pretty durable, i jus broke a foglight, but there was tons of fur and guts all over tht shizz. hosed it down the nex mornin. When i told my friends they were more sad for the coyote than my car . . . wack
Old 02-22-2006, 08:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by tc_ricerr
When i told my friends they were more sad for the coyote than my car . . . wack
Rightfully so You have some good friends there. And speeding in your moms truck
Old 02-22-2006, 08:40 AM
5 Year Member

haha, yea now i speed in my tc
Old 02-22-2006, 05:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jethro_b
Originally Posted by hxckid88
Well... "I understand what you mean but I think you were just ASSUMING. "

"my reaction times are extremely slow in almost anything I do."
I don't assume anything because we all khow what happens then. lol

If your reaction times are extremely slow you need to work on that. Maybe not learning to drive in a nice new car. Start with a hoopty until your skills are honed. It will make you appreciate a new vehicle more later on. Been there, done that.

Originally Posted by TANTALIZEDMIND
It's alright man. I don't know why people are being jerks to you. Just ignore them. Not all Scion owners are nice! lol.
The only comment I read that came close to being a "jerk" was p2filz with his comments about rabbit parts and such. And Yes, most Scion Owners are nice (including me) but I don't appreciate being called names for voicing my opinion. Why tell someone to ignore people just because you don't agree? That's not very nice or funny is it?lol
its cool bro, dont even trip But yeah, I'm trying to be careful on the road. im 17 and alot of my friends drive fast and drive crazy like theyre cool., i dont wanna do something stupid. I speed if im angry which is probably the worst time to do it, but you have to just really control yourself. But anywho,

Thanks jethro_b, ill take a look into those. I contacted a few companies about selling front bumpers insteadof whole kits (I liked the kits but cant afford it), ill be back with more info on what i decided
Old 02-22-2006, 05:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Screw the animals!!! Ever hit a deer??? 1000pts!!!
Old 02-22-2006, 05:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Some of you guys aren't being very sensitive. I mean, this is the rabbit he hit!

--Dennis
Old 02-22-2006, 05:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: I hit a rabbit. My poor xB is damaged :(

Originally Posted by hxckid88
I hit a rabbit like 30 minutes ago. I got home and told my mom to check it to make sure I didnt have any remains on my car.....
I'm sorry, but...
Old 02-22-2006, 06:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What happened here?

advice asked for, and you folks are acting like jerks.

Front lip unpainted is around 2 bills. front lip from toyota painted is like 3 bills. I have no idea what the entire front bumper cost, but when I hit the coon right after I got my xB, the entire front bumper was damaged. Total bill from the insurance was just over a grand for a front bumper/lower lip replacement and exact color match.

As far as driving skills and hitting animals.. let me clue you into a fact. If for instance you dodged the rabbit and hit the soft shoulder and damaged your vehicle, it would be considered a "single car accident" covered by collision. A collision claim goes against your points. Insurance rates go up.

If you hit the rabbit, it's covered by comp., which is not held against your points. Hense your insurance rates will not go up.

I live in the woods and I know what it's like when an animal steps into the road. You don't know what the animal is going to do.. run down the road, cross, go half way across and turn and go back or come right to the "light" (your headlights). I've seen it all and have been lucky to have only hit two animals in all the years I've driven.

good luck with it.. Oh, next time that happens get a picture of the damage with the hair still attached for insurance purposes. I hit a jack rabbit years ago. I didn't see any damage when I got home, so I wasn't thinking proof or anything. After I had washed it I saw that the area where the rabbits head hit spider-web'd the paint. Anyway, short story, it's a proof thing, I had none because the car had no signs of an animal impact.

singleshot
Old 02-22-2006, 06:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by singleshot
...next time that happens get a picture of the damage with the hair still attached for insurance purposes.
Or have your mom do it!

I'm sorry. I'm really not trying to make an @ss out of you. But that just struck me funny.
Old 02-23-2006, 02:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jethro_b
Oh WAA WAA Maybe next time you will pay better attn. to the road in front of you. Lesson learned I hope for the rabbits sake.
I'm only being harsh because I hate it when people don't even to try to avoid hitting animals. They act like they didn't do anything wrong. Or it was meant to be, lame BS OK enough ranting now. Breath deep.
Trying to avoid can also be a problem, depending upon road conditions. Rabbits are terribly quick. I'll try to slow down if I see a rabbit near the road, but I'm not putting the car in a ditch over one.

I slow WAY down for deer; they do tremendous damage.

I do swerve for squirrels, though. I've been able to get a few.
Old 02-23-2006, 02:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by XD40tC
Screw the animals!!! Ever hit a deer??? 1000pts!!!
yes. i hit a deer in my mustang running 40. i was going 60, but hit the brakes, and when i hit it, i was moving 40. i went under it, and it was thrown up in the air, my car went under it, and it landed in the road behine my car on its side, jumped up, hopped toward the ditch, fell over, and died. i called my dad, and he was there in 10 minutes to load it onto the back of his truck and congratulated me on the first kill of the season. it ended up costing me a new emblem for my grille and a new hood, which i found locally for $40, and the guy painted it for the cost of the paint only. plus, not to mention the best part...it was a cobra hood :D but there was fur all over my front end, and a big ____ puddle on the middle of my hood.
Old 02-23-2006, 03:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i hit a racoon doing 65 in my a6. that ____in racoon made an hilarious thump and rolled real fast. then actually made its way to the other side of the road to die. kinda gory, but it was funny.

FUN FACTS(i know cause we tried, my cat likes to kill ____):
a dead mouse will fly off a mazdaspeed protege's windsheild at approx. 40 mph

a dead bird will fly off an audi a6's windsheild at approx. 55 mph

pigeons fly really high in the air when u hit them dead center in ur view on the windshield of an a6 doin approx. 65+(it flew rite at me and i was doin 65) mph, i saw nothin but feathers behind me
Old 02-23-2006, 03:13 AM
Banned
SL Member

i hit a coyote in my moms rav 4 at 80 mph. first i thot i hit a person tht shizz was crazy, rav 4 din have much damage, but there was fur n guts all over
Old 02-23-2006, 05:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

LOLOL

Wow. Guys, I'm real light hearted, trust me I can take a joke.

And so what if I'm a mommas boy...and I dont like seeing rabbit guts on my car hahaha.

My dad said he'd pay for it, I plan to get the bumper I want (not stock) so I'll prolly go halfs with it (unfortunately). I'm sure I can find some nice ones for $300-ish.

There is still a little hair on it (in the crack), I'll take a picture.

And you know, I'm probably over exagerating the damage, but still, its a _____.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Speaking of hitting things. When I was on my way to Pennsylvania from Michigan to pick up my Civic after I bought it, I smoked a HUGE racoon in my 96 Ford Contour.

I didn't think much of it, and my buddies and I actually cheered.

Much to my ignorance, the racoon had crushed half of my radiator and sprung a very small leak. 200 miles later the Contour overheated and locked up.

The 'coons revenge!
Old 02-23-2006, 11:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just have to include my 2c....

I bought a brand new '98 Eclipse GSX in fall of '97. I was driving on halloween night in backwoods Michigan when a rabbit springs out in front of my car. I hear a "whump" and that's it... About two miles down the road there is a flashing red light at a nearly deserted intersection. I was going pretty fast and when I stepped on the brake to stop, the rabbit flew out of the front of my car into the middle of the intersection directly in the path of my headlights! Definitely scared the living dog-doo out of me. Trust me, it was some serious horror movie carnage. I am all for trying to dodge animals when they run in front of your car, but there is only so much you can do. Anyone from michigan knows that animals up there all always plying "frogger"....

Heck, I hit another rabbit with my FOOT while I was rounding a sweeping 45 mph turn on my R6! It blew my foot of the peg and it felt like my whole leg did a 360 around my hip up over my head! (picture spinning a G.I. Joe leg all the way around!!) It felt like I just about kicked the back of my helmet with the heel of my boot.

Anyway, Sorry to hear you hurt your car, but that stuff happens. I wouldn't get too down about it. And on the reation time thing... some people might consider your admission of a slow reation time to be a hazardous personality trait considering you drive a car on the road with the rest of us! Oh, well... at least you drive a car that isn't going tio get you into too much trouble...
Old 02-23-2006, 09:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i wish my parents payed to fix stuff on my car. lucky.
Old 02-23-2006, 11:39 PM
5 Year Member

My parents never bought me a dam thing, but they taught me how to be responsible for my own actions and gave me the opportunity to learn. The rest I have done on my own.
Old 02-23-2006, 11:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well I must say I'm pretty fortunate, I do have a brand new car, and im only 17. I go to a private school, my family so well off, no, not rich, cause my parents work very hard. I do work myself, I'm going to at least offer to pay for it, or at least half. The first thing he said was "dont worry about it, find the part and we'll get it fixed." But since Im doin a lil upgrade I'll pay for it.

"If it breaks upgrade it" my friend says haha
Old 02-24-2006, 12:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

dont let yer parents pay , don't pay yerself. just call insurance. easiest , cheapest way.

i'd kill to have parents that paid for stuff. instead of me being broke ALL THE TIME

Quick Reply: I hit a rabbit. My poor xB is damaged :(