Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

I only got 26mpg...Grrr

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 04:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm not as grumpy as RC but I agree. The original poster was within the range, so we don't need to talk talk talk about different ways to calculate milage...I'm waiting for a Scangauge user to explain how to get instantaneous mileage and plot it in a graph...
Old 07-08-2006, 04:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by RaginCajun
The people like me continue to drive their boxes and not biscuit about MPG's. Believe what you want, calculate whatever you will and continue to use your algebra. There are to many variables to calculate correct fuel consumption. Keep filling up at the same pump as long as you want until your head turns purple. It makes no difference to me. There will be at least 2 more of these threads like this in the next week. Why dont you push your riggamarole off on someone else. The end.
Well said...
Old 07-08-2006, 04:38 AM
TJ
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Must be their new EPA testing. my old 2004 sticker said 31 city 35 hwy.
Old 07-08-2006, 04:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You guys are freakin' amazing! Go back and read the thread. Everyone was posting thier mileage and techniques to get better mileage. That's what it was about.

NO ONE in this thread was talking about "different ways to calculate mileage" until RC posted this:

There is absolutely no way to calculate exact mileage unless you pull the gas tank and run a stand alone tank with a specified amount of fuel in it. Instead of talking mpg's let's see how far a tank will take you. I usually run about 310 miles on a tank. Now it will go up or down depending on how well I top off the tank. Just because you fill up and the gas pump stops doesn't mean its actually full. I have managed to get and entire extra gallon of fuel in the tank before after the pump shut off. To get upset because you believe your mileage isn't up to par is absurd. Not to mention there are many other factors which effect engine efficiency.
We didn't start the fire.

I'll fill up tomorrow at pump #3 at the Steubenville Pike BP and let you know what I get.

JUST KIDDING, AGAIN!
Old 07-08-2006, 09:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

I have an auto, and it always seems to be 30-31 unless I really get on it.
Old 07-08-2006, 09:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've always believed in letting a car "warm up" before driving. With todays car, that isn't really that necessary.

I've noticed a big + in gas mileage with less start-up time. Remember, if you're just idiling, you're getting 0 miles per gallon.

I changed to synthetic (Royal Purple) oil and tranny fluid about 7000 miles ago with no noticable increase in gas mileage. It does seem to be a little faster though.
Old 07-10-2006, 03:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I get 32 almost regularly driving from Lewisville to Plano (northside of Dallas)

HOWever.. recently I got gas with the ethanol blend and my mpg dropped to 25-26. It was a nameless convinient store selling Conoco brand gas. Filled up at another station and the mpg came back up.

I'm thinking the Ethanol blended stuff is not so great for the Xb mbg.
Old 07-10-2006, 05:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ethanol will drop mpg.