Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Im about to buy a scion xB I need your help....

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2004, 01:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Default Im about to buy a scion xB I need your help....

Hi guys I am selling my 2001 Eclipse.
Pics...http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/659424/1

I am getting myself into a new xB. I really would like a base model becuase I did all my own work to my eclipse and have plans for the xB.

My concerns are ... is there anything I should watch out for or maybe make sur eI get with my xB. You guys all own them so there is things Im sure you wish you did and wish you didnt do.

Plans so far: Bag it, 20's, Orange and Black 2 tone paint, Shave all groves lights and handles except headlights and tails, Fiberglass interior like crazy!

Please help me out guys thanks.

Also I would like to get ahold of more of these cars to fiberglass so if you in the Hampton Roads VA area let me know we can work something out.

Thanks James
Old 08-10-2004, 02:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just be sure to test drive if you haven't already. Compared to the Eclipse, they're rather sloooow, and some people _____ after buying them. I'd suggest getting floormats even if they're not the best quality, it's better than getting your actual carpet dirty. Other than that, by the looks of your Eclipse your gonna be changin' everything else out anyways so that's it.

Old 08-10-2004, 02:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I dont car about the speed. I only drive my show cars to and from shows. The eclipse has only been driven 4 times this year. So power isnt really an issue. My daily driver is a 91 Ford Ranger 4cyl lol. About the same as an xb Im guessing.

Yea I always have floor mats in my cars to keep the floors clean so I dont have to clean it when I get to shows.

Thanks for the input. James
Old 08-10-2004, 02:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

Stay on their backs about things. They forget! I drove off the lot and did not have my CAI installed!! Came back and they said, "OHH, we forgot to tell you, they are on backorder and will be in on Monday" And here Monday is and they have not called me yet. Im calling them tomorrow. But since you are getting stock then u dont have much to worry about.

Gl
-nt
Old 08-10-2004, 02:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Ok here is the rundown:

1 - Pretty Much everything sold by the dealer is overpriced and you can find aftermarket replacements for a whole lot less.

2- Please Refer to # 1

3 - Please Refer to #1 & 2

:D

PS: The only thing I personally regret not getting from the dealers was the monroof..and that is only because I would have been able to add it to my finance charges wich would have made it alot easier than coming up with that money now...

just my 2 cents! :D
Old 08-10-2004, 03:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

LOL I already know that ..... hense the bone stock xB Ill be buying.
Old 08-10-2004, 03:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yea I got completely stock...bought 10 dollar floormats from autozone and they look better quality then the 70 dollar ones. Plus their rubber so none of the deep dirt into the mats and looking nasty. I had a 94 Ranger 4 banger and now that I got a box I feel like im in a race car. Rangers must be the slowest car on the road I swear...
Old 08-10-2004, 01:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

BTT
Old 08-10-2004, 02:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by ikhonlord
Ok here is the rundown:

1 - Pretty Much everything sold by the dealer is overpriced and you can find aftermarket replacements for a whole lot less.

2- Please Refer to # 1

PS: The only thing I personally regret not getting from the dealers was the monroof..and that is only because I would have been able to add it to my finance charges wich would have made it alot easier than coming up with that money now...

i didnt know you could get a moonroof as an option
Old 08-10-2004, 03:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Be sure to check the sticker on the one you choose.

Everything is identical over on the left, but way over on the right side are distributor installed options. In my case, that included the 6 disk head unit. That was fine with me, but if you don't want to pay for something like that, be sure to check first.
Old 08-10-2004, 03:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by excel xb
Ok here is the rundown:

2- Please Refer to # 1

Some dealers offer that as an option. Example. My dealer does not offer that. But if I drive to Tulsa (2hours) There is a dealer that installs them. If you are lucky there is a moon shop around that does it

U live in Cali, I am sure you could find something in you PhoneBook :D
-nt
Old 08-10-2004, 03:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by excel xb
Ok here is the rundown:

2- Please Refer to # 1

Ok Your right...Let me rephrase that...

There are some dealers that are getting together with local tuner shops to get sunroofs, leather options and things of that nature....and SOME not all dealers allow you to add the cost of that "option" into ure financing...it so happens that the dealer I went to was doing that..hence my regret of not doing it... :D :D
Old 08-11-2004, 06:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TheDanger
Yea I got completely stock...bought 10 dollar floormats from autozone and they look better quality then the 70 dollar ones. Plus their rubber so none of the deep dirt into the mats and looking nasty. I had a 94 Ranger 4 banger and now that I got a box I feel like im in a race car. Rangers must be the slowest car on the road I swear...
Hey don't knock the Ranger, I had a '85 with the 2.3 back in HS, it was rusty, but with the turbo off the T-bird (gotta love junkyard turbo kits) I could hang with most of the imports and could blow away all the other mini trucks. I have the dyno sheet around here somewhere... I think it was 167hp at the wheels, don't remember the Tq though..... :? but anways, I would Totally go COMPLETELY stock, I did, and no regrets, I would however get some Cheap floor mads to hold you over 'til you get what you want in.... What color are you going to buy, a used Hot lava, or a black? I'd go new and get the BSP... my 2 cents
Old 08-11-2004, 01:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Im not sure I think Im getting a black base at $14,195 Just becuase the first day I buy it Im putting cadillac tailllights shaving the handles, shaving the license plate box, and shaving some other ____. Then Im going to paint it 2 tone Black (top) Orange (bottom) And put a small silver flame pinstripe between them.

Im going to make a engine cover if anyone is interested. Im making one that covers up the entire engine and has a component set in it and a few tvs and just shows the engine cover (whihc most people will have paitned or CF. I will also cut out a space for Air Intake to be seen and maybe the battery. There is so much room under the hood the possibilities are limit less what I can do.

I was thinking I could do a front end conversion to a S10 or Envoy, but I like the front end of the Box so much I dont want to.

The escalade front would be to huge for it so thats out! CTS maybe!

Thanks for the help guys keep them coming.