First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Im the first. HA!

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 04:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Im the first. HA!

To go hoodride. I just thought I'd come to over here for a few minutes to share being as 90% of my time is spent on CXB. So yeah.

Hate it or love it, I honestly don't care. Because Hoodride is about enjoying a car nobody else would. So I stripped the hood of all its paint, and throwing down some primer checker pattern to go with the bare metal. I haven't gotten one compliment from anyone who's seen it in person, and I love it. I don't want you to like my car, I don't want you to hate my car. I want you to open your eyes, and step out side of Boso, VIP, JDM and show styled cars, and see what other great styles their are.

Just because you sit in the box, drive the box, doesn't mean you have to think inside the box.

Will this start a trend? IDK. Maybe. But all that matters is, you enjoy your car, no matter what you decide. Be original, be creative....

HOODRIDE FTMFW!
Old 09-21-2008, 04:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

that looks SICK

but whats the amber thing on the grille?
Old 09-21-2008, 04:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

a fog light. KC Highlight Amber with Chrome Assembly.

And the mirror is a Mooneyes GT styled mirror
Old 09-21-2008, 05:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

looks good. unique in a good way.
Old 09-21-2008, 05:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

got any more shots???
Old 09-21-2008, 06:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 09-21-2008, 06:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

Honestly, dude. I kinda dig it.
I think you should go big and do the roof and hatch too.
Old 09-21-2008, 06:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I saw the original thread on CXB, and i still love this. Not my cup of tea but love the idea!
Old 09-21-2008, 06:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I like it too, it's different! Your grill needs a bB emblem though!
Old 09-21-2008, 06:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Looks good, but I dont think its "hoodride" quite yet.

No rust and the paint is in too good of condition. haha
Good work in progress though.
Old 09-21-2008, 06:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by burstaneurysm
Honestly, dude. I kinda dig it.
I think you should go big and do the roof and hatch too.
Old 09-21-2008, 06:55 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

My problem with hood ride is, it was started as something natural, now people are trying to do it.
You cant make the paint faded in a natural way.
So I wouldnt call it hood ride. Unique, kinda, but not hood ride.
Old 09-21-2008, 06:58 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

For those that havent seen hood ride before: its a rust bucket with the paint untouched with some wheels, chrome and bagged to the ground.

(not trying to knock the OP, just throwing it out there what it is)

Old 09-21-2008, 10:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nice.

Hoodride xBs will work better once they naturally start to become beaters, though.
Old 09-21-2008, 10:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

So now someone is trying to change the name from Rat Rod to Hood Ride? WTF is that? Can't people come up with original ideas without copying one already in place?
Old 09-21-2008, 10:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hoodride started out as a VW thing, AFAIK.

No matter what you call it, unless a car is assembled from a field find with used/junkyard parts, it's not really a rat rod/hoodride/whatever.

That whole fad has turned into as much of a check-writing-contest as most hot-rodding, anyway.

I should stop taking care of my paint, so that in five years, I can start to call my box a rat rod. With any luck (i.e., complete lack of regard for my car), I'll have some primer patches and a door from a junkyard.
Old 09-21-2008, 11:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Just media blast the whole exterior and let nature do it's thing.
Old 09-21-2008, 04:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well what I did is more Hoodride Style.

I didn't do it rat rod and change the name either. Rat rod is a no chrome/billet thing. (hence the shows called billet proof). As you can CLEARLY see its got some bling on it. If its so un-original why is it that nobody has done it to a xb, and why is it mostly a vw thing? So for me to take its concept and idea's and apply them to a xB..... That makes it more original.

No I am not putting a bB emblem in the front grill. I like it with no emblem and a hole. Because it looks like crap.

Hoodride is about enjoying a car most people wouldn't. Not about how much rust or paint fade it has. It doesn't matter what it looks like. Its about enjoying them. I can't stress that enough.

Most hoodrides also aren't even bagged. They put their suspensions threw massive modification to sit that low. There are many that are bagged. But there are more that are just straight slammed and sitting that low.

I knew I could come to SL and get the hate I was hoping to finally here. But none the less. It only proves my second point.... It proves that people here hate change, hate being unique, and follow fad.

BTW. VIP is more of a check writing contest than RatRod/HotRod every is or was. Go to a rat show, then go to a VIP show. Tell me where the originality is.

Rat Rod= Low, powerful, built from spare parts or junkyard finds. Appearance not important, performance is.

Hot Rod= Looking good with clean modified coupes and roadsters. Lots of custom fab body work. I.E. Frenched plates, antennas, chop tops, pearl/metallic paints. Lots of chrome

Hood ride= Cars people would drive, car considered useless by most people. Typically lowered with wheels and body unchanged. Having fun with a car nobody would.

VIP= Garson DAD DAMD ect. Parts costing lots of money. Big wide wheels with lots of dish. Cars with lots of camber to fit thost wheels. Over priced, over played.

JDM= Parts brought over seas from Japan to convert onto their US cars. Biggiest following in Honda and Nissan, Cars retain stock look.

Bippu= Crazy art cars from Japan. Creative and wild. wild colors, murals, crazy lights, crazy stereo's, lots of random spikes/wings. Typically highly large exhaust pipes.

Now which of these have been done a lot of xB's.

Hoodride 1 person, 2nd in progress
VIP TOO MANY
JDM TOO MANY
Bippu FEW
Rat/Hot rod FEW
Old British Style 1 person

2 of these styles sound original.... hmmmm Old school British style, only one known to do that.... and Hoodride... Only one to do it, with one in the works....
Old 09-21-2008, 04:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you genuinely didn't care what we all thought, then why did you post?

The point is, your car is fine. It's that you're so dead set on being a poseur. Real rat rods and hoodrides are like that because it's easier not to paint a car. You don't strip off perfectly good paint for a 'look.' That just makes you a weirdo that ruined your resale value to pretend you have an image.
Old 09-21-2008, 06:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Didn't I state why I posted it in the FIRST FREAKING POST?

Lets recap shall we.... "I want you to open your eyes, and step out side of Boso, VIP, JDM and show styled cars, and see what other great styles their are."

And I dead set on being a what? I don't know french. OH you mean Poser.... If I was a poser, I'd be build a style of car I don't find practical enough to drive, or worth the money to buy parts for. If I was a poser, I'd be like the 6 million other VIP styled (poorly in most cases, except for a few that are on Club xB.... Mainly James (yellow_sub) Sakura, Dan (dancar) and a few others on the bB squad.

So again, you can't be a poser, if you're doing something that reflects you're inner personality, or are the first to do it. Again, proving my point that there are WAY to many sheep in the xB community. Oh VIP, sweet.... I want to be cool like everyone else. Better order me a DAD knot and some XXR/Sportmax wheels... Then get my evolved concepts camber shims and rock -5 degrees so I don't rub...

My personality varies pending upon mood. But in all comes down to the basics of me.... I am spontaneous, help out those in need (ask crxgames, he's got my stock strut on his car to get him around since his bag is blown), I love rat rods, and hoodrides. I like things your not supposed to like. I don't follow trends or norms. I think for my self. And best yet, if I honestly cared about what people thought, my car would be as carbon cut as many here. I also love the 1900's-early 1960's era. Im a simplist. I see beauty and see possibilities in things most don't. I really like spicy chicken sandwich's from Wendy's. Also watch a lot of the History Channel.

Its always nice to hear feedback good or bad. Doesn't mean I take it to heart, or listen to the advice given. Its called sharing your ideas... Sorry I am not carbon cut.

And if stripping paint off a perfectly good hood with no intentions of painting it, makes me a weirdo that pretends to have a image, than thank you for your stereo type. Maybe someday, you'll do something new, unique, and different, and people will give you a stero type.

Quick Reply: Im the first. HA!