Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Im the first. HA!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 11:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have a DOMO KUN in the same place! I like how it looks like he is screaming enjoying the ride. The Military Police always give it strange looks. That beetle is badass. Only problem I see is that half our car is made of plastic so you could never get a fully rusted car.
Old 09-22-2008, 02:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

Originally Posted by Nick06tC
I have no qualms with the ride or what you are doing to it. I think it looks cool.

I do have an issue with you claiming its something it isnt. You typed something to the effect that there are 6million VIP cars and only a couple done right.

You fall in this same category.

Hoodride:

1. hoodride 96 up, 24 down love ithate it

A hoodride is an old vintage car that's been lowered and has original faded or worn paint. In the best case, the car will also have rust and patina. Mismatched panels, dents and missing parts enhance the look because they add more character and originality. Driving a hoodride is about making use of a car everyone else would avoid because it's "ugly" or "beyond repair" and being able to love it for what it is. It's enjoying your car because you built it the way you want, and not how everyone else thinks it should look.

A hoodride is most often an older model air-cooled Volkswagen, but it doesn't really have to be a VW to qualify for hoodride status--It can be any rusty old car.
poop man... Now that's a real Hood Ride.

The car sat out in a field for about ten years, and lost several fenders. It's a real hoodride.
hood ride hood wide volkswagen volksrod aircooled
by The Sad Emoticon Sep 9, 2008 email it 0 comments
2. hoodride 38 up, 79 down love ithate it

Term used by Air-cooled VW enthusiasts that refers to someone who has no money and no common sense.
"Hey check out my car. It's lowered and has no front brakes."

"Here's a nickel, go buy a clue hoodrider."

Your car doesnt fit the category of HOOD RIDE at all. Hood ride is having the car as is and adding to it. Not taking away from it to make it fit. Hood ride is about naturality of the car and the way it has gone. Not TRYING to make it.
You said that everythign else has been overdone, and this is about you being unique and your style. But you are striving to LOOK like a style. You are striving for the style. Because the style is about it being naturally like that.

I like the way your xB looks (would look cool with the roof done), but if you really want to be original, do it and let it be what it is. Dont go out looking for people that hate it, dont go out trying to make it something it is (hood ride), dont go out trying to make a statement. Because coming in here looking for people that dislike your ride/style is doing the same exact thing that show cars, vip cars, jdm cars are doing. Doing it for other reactions and not your own preference.
This was very well put. Fact is, different or not, you're still actively trying to fit into a 'look'.
I was one of the first to say that I liked the idea, but it just seems like you're here to fight.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Soooooo. WTF? Where did my FU to "your car isn't hoodride" post go?

Going to delete things when points are proven? Want to try and alter my personal image on this site? That's cool. Because it shows why people hate Scion Life.

^^^inspiration^^^

Now, new cars can't be hoodride huh? Well I beg to differ, and that's the proof.

Thanks for editing my post. I <3 it that it got under your skin THAT much. haha..... Feel free to hit the BAN button at any point too, because I honestly don't care.

Again, Open your eyes to different styles of modification to the world. Stop being so judgemental, and understand that to be "Hoodride" it doesn't have to be old, fully rusted, or a VW. Its just what the style started on. A 1970 Chevy Nova can be a hood ride. But to many collectors, and too many rednecks use them for drag cars to ever see that.

Sorry, maybe oneday I'll sell out and go VIP :/
Old 09-22-2008, 09:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

dude I love the flat olive green with the Audi wheels,
Old 09-22-2008, 09:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, that ones is ****, but the new gen blue one is my inspiration. Seen it once, thought about it for 10 minutes, and bam! I didn't even realize 'till today that it had a checkered roof. Something I've been contemplating for some time. I really just need to get off my butt take a pic of my roof from a few stories up, and photoshop it on and see if i'll like it. After all, thats how HOODRIDE came to be.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

hell looks like the green one has a checkered roof too.

yeah you need some more pics.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

Ahem, if you're insinuating that I edited your posts, I did not. In fact, I am only a regional mod; I do not have any mod privileges in this section.

Second, you're doing something different and I respect that, but holy crap, you have the WORST attitude about it.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Gothbox
hell looks like the green one has a checkered roof too.

yeah you need some more pics.
yes it does, and I planned on snapping some more for cxb tonight. Then going to photoshop one of the roof checkered. Just to see if it'll flow.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by burstaneurysm
Ahem, if you're insinuating that I edited your posts, I did not. In fact, I am only a regional mod; I do not have any mod privileges in this section.

Second, you're doing something different and I respect that, but holy crap, you have the WORST attitude about it.
It appears to be ScionD that edited.... It was just a general statement to who ever did...
Old 09-22-2008, 10:24 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC

SL Member

I love it, keep up the good work and do what you love man.

If I followed a fad, it wouldn't look like a crayon box sneezed all over my box.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:25 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

Originally Posted by stenger

It appears to be ScionD that edited.... It was just a general statement to who ever did...
I did and if you really want to be banned as stated let me know
Old 09-23-2008, 12:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Honestly, dude. I kinda dig it.
I think you should go big and do the roof and hatch too.
yep YEP yep
Old 09-23-2008, 03:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

dude I love the flat olive green with the Audi wheels,

Hell yeah! that thing is sweet!
Old 09-23-2008, 03:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Sciond
Originally Posted by stenger

I did and if you really want to be banned as stated let me know
They're gonna sit you in naughty chair!
Old 09-23-2008, 04:22 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

this thread is going nowhere......I am locking it...if anyone has an issue they can pm me