Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Installation of cruise control part #250-1755 !HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 04:45 AM

Default Installation of cruise control part #250-1755 !HELP!

I started to install my cruise control today at 4:00pm. I got the module and cable all put in, no real problem except my hands are big.

I started to work on step 8, the power connection. I am trying to figure out why in the instructions they wrote to run the brown wire to the black 11 pin connector of junction 1N when they are telling me to clip onto the black and white wire in pin 6 of junction 1N?

The only way I can see back there is to use a mirror. When looking at the pins I see a small black wire with a smaller white strip on it at pin 6. But I also see a fatter white wire with a small black strip on it at pin 10. Before I clip the brown wire (power)onto anything I would like some input.

If you can call me, please do, it is 9:40pm CA time now and I'm sure I'll be up for another couple of hours messing with the other wires I have left to connect.

Thanks Doug 213-379-1195
Old 11-15-2008, 09:05 PM

Default Rosta Cruse Control installation up date

I have everything done on the installation except connecting the power wire (brown wire) to the black and white wire in step 8 at the junction box (1N).

I still have the black and white wire problem as far as there is one white wire with a small black stripe, and also a black wire with a small white stripe. Both are in the same junction box (1N) and due to none of the pins being where the instructions have indicated they should be on the other parts, it is hard for me clip into pin 6 just because that is what they printed in the instructions.

Throughout the whole installation process not one of the pin locations (area given in the instructions) is right for the color of wire they are saying to clip into.

Again is there anyone who has done this installation and knows which of the above wires for the power I should clip into ?

Doug 213-379-1195
Old 11-16-2008, 03:29 PM

Thanks for the call from the 661, good information.

It is done with no help from the so called instructions. The cruise works great so far.

I will post a pic of where I installed the control arm, out of the way and I can always see it.

Thanks again for the call
Doug
Old 11-16-2008, 09:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Don't forget to post those pics of your control arm placement.

I am planning this install soon and need all the ideas on placement of the stalk I can get. I just do not like the way the stalk interferes with your knee.

Thanks in advance !!
Old 11-22-2008, 01:04 AM

Here are the images of the cruise control arm installation. If you try this, i suggest to drill the hole higher and half an inch to the left which would be about 1" from the left corner. You can gain access with your left arm by going in and up through the fuse box cover. Prior to putting the pins in the pin box on the end of the control arm wires, install the arm then run the wires through a socket and up to the nut. This will allow you to tighten the nut.

Old 11-22-2008, 10:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow, what a, umm, unique place to put the arm. I've got mine in the steering column and didn't even consider putting it elsewhere. But, in all seriousness, this is exactly why I love the Scion... people see the same parts and the same vehicle and can interpret it so differently!