5 Year Member
SL Member

i have a tC. but i'm not turboed lol
Old 10-18-2007, 02:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

this past weekend we were going up to northern mn for a fall cruise. only 5 cars 2 boxes and 3 tc's. we see a Ferrari, i come on the walkie say that is see this ferrari and then everybody scaters to see it. the guy punches it then he is leaving use the tc's were able to keep up because of traffic
Old 10-18-2007, 03:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I wonder if it would be funny to just smoke up the tires without a lot of engine noise or even funnier if the hubcaps would spin and you could blow smoke out the wheel wells without acutally spinning the tires as a sort of fake out then do a little air lift on the suspension like you are power braking it all without moving an inch.
Better yet this is where you need the 2000 watt sound system with the jet engine sound track then going afterburner.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by javastan
Where I live there kid with a Ion Redline, when ever I am in my xB he is trying to race me. That car has double the power, of course it is going to beat me. One day I was out in my other car, 1999 Carmaro SS with a little more than the 320 horse claimed by chevy and happened to pull up next to him, I gave the car a little rev, trust me you can hear it (thanks SLP) and he was acting like he couldn't see me. I don't race on the streets, I was giving this kid crap, I hope he realized how annoying it is when a faster car is trying to prove something to you.
Great example. You should have a big picture of your other car to hold up next time he tries his crap.
Old 10-19-2007, 01:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by javastan
Where I live there kid with a Ion Redline, when ever I am in my xB he is trying to race me. That car has double the power, of course it is going to beat me. One day I was out in my other car, 1999 Carmaro SS with a little more than the 320 horse claimed by chevy and happened to pull up next to him, I gave the car a little rev, trust me you can hear it (thanks SLP) and he was acting like he couldn't see me. I don't race on the streets, I was giving this kid crap, I hope he realized how annoying it is when a faster car is trying to prove something to you.
Nice choice in cars my DD is the xB and my toy is a '00 Camaro SS and I've been in almost the exact same situation as you before.

My little run in with that red 4-door civic that I mentioned in my previous post wasn't my only one, another time I saw him when I was in the SS he wouldn't even look my way. My car is loud as well(Magnaflow/SLP y-pipe) so I know he heard me when I got on it a little to mess with him because of our previous encounter. I don't race on the streets either, too much of a risk of getting in an accident and injuring/killing an innocent bystander, kids like that really ____ me off.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

I can picture these same ricers on their forums writing about all these people in Mustangs and Camaros trying to race them at lights.
Old 10-19-2007, 03:28 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bB2NER
I can picture these same ricers on their forums writing about all these people in Mustangs and Camaros trying to race them at lights.
only difference, in their forums they are talking about how it was a close race and they lost just barely, they were able to hang on the rear door...
Old 10-21-2007, 12:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One
SL Member

What is fun however is when another tC pulls up to a red light next to you. No traffic, late at night...time to have some fun
Old 10-21-2007, 03:42 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

ive only gotten to play with a Tc once, i did enjoy the look on his face though ;)
Old 10-21-2007, 08:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by BoxOffice
Boy, am I glad I don't live closer to some of you guys, with all the B.S. flying around!
First a guy says he smoked a Mercedes CLS with a mildly modded Box, now this:

Originally Posted by MixedWun
funny you mention this. It happened to me today on the way home. This brand new mazda3 goes 70 in a 45 out of the light and looks at me as though "ya im cool". sooooooooooooo being the young retard i am next light i smoked him . Once i hit 60, he i stopped and he keep to about 80 .........and a cop was down the street. Wonder how that ticket is gonna taste .
Even a base Mazda 3 does 0-60 in 7.3, vs. an xB at 10.6!
(These specific numbers from car and driver mag. Your numbers may vary - but not enough to make up an over 3 second deficit! )
His profile says he drives a tC.

Originally Posted by bB2NER
I don't think this thread pertains to the tC. No hating on them. Just curious why tC owners are jumping in on this discussion?
Maybe they feel that fast cars hate them too...

My run-in with punks in a 350Z was funny. We were in traffic and the driver starts taunting me out the window. You're driving a shoebox, etc. stupid stuff. He would accel but wasn't bright enough to look ahead so he'd get pinned in traffic and I got ahead of them several times with minor lane changes. The guy catches back up with me, we exchanged a few insults and I say "At least I'm not driving my MOM's car." The guy's buddies start cracking up, he starts turning red and I just laughed... Bullseye!!
Old 10-22-2007, 01:22 PM

I've been noticing this too. Maybe it's just city driving, but people are ridiculous about it. I have an '06 xB, I never drive like an idiot, never tailgate if I can help it, but people are absolutely retarded out there around my car. I look out of the rear view mirror and I can't even see headlights and the very top of someone's head.

Trucks are the worst though, especially big ones. It's like the very sight of my xB threatens their manhood so they feel obligated to tailgate the hell out of me then blow by me, then get in front of me and slow down. I mean seriously... what the heck? I don't even drive slow, if anything I usually push my xB over the speed limit about six or seven mph on my way to the city.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You have to loose them on the curves - they don't expect the xB to handle as well as it does and those big pickup trucks flip over really easy - or so I have been told by a friend with an F150.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Location: 'Burbs Farmington Hills - go to school in Boulder, CO

i like to squeek my tires sometimes, like on a turn, but thats for my own amusement. and when i go behind a 7/11 i floor it, because im between 2 walls so its cool to hear the engine. other than that? its no use to race, considering how usually i got like 2 friends in the car. i dont like it when people tailgate me... so i slow down and then floor it away, but i never like to floor it. execpt some random guy in an old camery tore up his tranny and lost in a race against me.. XD fun times!
Old 10-23-2007, 04:37 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Can't say I've ever been revved on at a light. I will have people who see me cruising on the interstate, pass me, cut me off and then slow down. I of course then pass them while maintaining speed, but sometimes if traffic is heavier I may mess with them. Once I pass, I'll then proceed to move ahead in the traffic line like a checkers piece moving downfield then laugh as they try to catch up and get stuck behind slow cars in both lanes. I love how speed means nothing when I can fit in half the space of another vehicle when I need to pass someone.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

quick story, sorta...

I was getting on the highway minding my own business, sitting stopped in traffic none-the-less on the on-ramp lane. As a biker probably a 600 came up beside me, slowed down and revved at me and mean mugged me then kept going. But the absolute hilarious part about the situation was all of the little details... His bike had a completely stock exhaust (which sounded less than intimidating), his helmet was about 4 sizes too big, and he didn't know how to rev at me so he just pulled in his clutch and let it rev, and then he just let the clutch go. But he let it go too fast and the bike bucked and he almost went over the bars and then once he got started moving he almost layed it down because it was wobbling so much. Me and my buddy laughed for about 10 minutes at that moron.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:45 PM
Scion Evolution

Its really hilarious how these morons think! I always see people tailgating me and its funny because of rather than taking off I slow down. Probably the most funniest thing is that they are always older hondas with trashcan sized exhausts and have their cars primer painted with the worst sounding stereos!