It's gotta be a record... Windshield cracked

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2006, 03:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
CNYScions
SL Member

Originally Posted by PinchFlat
I went out to to my xB at lunch today and there was a crack that wasn't there this morning when I left it???? and no chip where the crack started (on the edge inder the trim)? Just cracked???

Is this a warrente issue? anyone else have it just crack?
Mine happenned one month into ownership. I handwashed and dryed it in the driveway in the evening. No crack, figured I would have seen it if there was one when I was drying it. Pulled it into the garage for "safe" overnight storage after drying. Get in the garage ready to head to work the next morning and WTF a crack starting from under the top trim and running across in a "J" shape. THAT SUCKS. I personally think that the glass is too thin or of cheap material. I could actually feel the crack and if you placed pressure on it, you could feel the glass move. I think there should be some type of recall by the NHTSA. I'm **** about where I park and drive. I don't care who is in the car, but we're all walking from the boonies of the parking lot to get where we need to go. Can we petition for a recall of some sort?
Old 07-15-2006, 04:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

You guys with windshield problems need to read this post:

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...d+aid&&start=0
Old 07-17-2006, 03:00 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by jethro_b
People having problems with cracked windows are just driving with reckless abandon. If you just drive and not worry about anything, this is what happens.
Me I am always watching for potential dangers. I position myself in traffic to avoid this kind of damage. It's something you have to make a conscience effort to do each time you drive the xB. Otherwise you will be replacing your windshield quite often.
My original windshield has one very small chip and many micro pits but zero cracks yet (knock on wood). This is after 30K miles. Damage can be avoided but you have to be careful how you drive your xB.
You make it seem like we drive around looking for flying rocks on the highway..lolol i'll be on my 3rd windshield myself...sh** happens bro'
Old 07-17-2006, 06:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by latinxb
Originally Posted by jethro_b
People having problems with cracked windows are just driving with reckless abandon. If you just drive and not worry about anything, this is what happens.
Me I am always watching for potential dangers. I position myself in traffic to avoid this kind of damage. It's something you have to make a conscience effort to do each time you drive the xB. Otherwise you will be replacing your windshield quite often.
My original windshield has one very small chip and many micro pits but zero cracks yet (knock on wood). This is after 30K miles. Damage can be avoided but you have to be careful how you drive your xB.
You make it seem like we drive around looking for flying rocks on the highway..lolol I'll be on my 3rd windshield myself...sh** happens bro'
No, that's NOT how I meant it. I realize crap happens. If you read what I said very carefully, you'll know what I'm talking about. It's a constant thing you gotta do. As soon as you let your guard down *POP* there's another rock chip. It sucks that you have to be so diligent, looking for possible hazzards. It just comes with the territory owning a Scion xB.