Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

jc whitney armrest

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2004, 03:43 AM
5 Year Member

Default jc whitney armrest

Hey, I saw the thread where the guy ( forgot who ) installed the jc whitney armrest. It looked pretty good, but I didn't really understand the installation. If someone could elaborate that would be super Also, I don't care about ebrake coverage cause I'm gettin auto, but how's the height? And does it fold back like the zb? Gracias
Old 08-19-2004, 04:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

don't waste your time/money on that thing. i heard it was crap and doesn't fit right anyways. try zeta if you're looking for something like that one or wood company. much better quality. there's quite a few companies making armrests now, so you actually have a selection now. search around on these forums and you'll find some.

Zeta - Flip up style wrapped in vinyl/pleather material, no storage.
JJ P - Attaches to your seat frame, wrapped in same fabric as seats, no storage.
Wood Company - dunno really how this one works it's similar to the Zeta one though, bulkier though.
eBay Seller - very sturdy drop-in unit, black abs plastic framed, small storage.
Mine - drop-in unit, actual saturn armrest, large storage

if you're looking for something that will match well and you do not need storage, i would go with JJ Products one, if you don't mind messing with your seats. It all really depends on what you want the armrest for... besides being an armrest.
Old 08-19-2004, 05:24 AM
5 Year Member

sounds good man :D The reason I like the jc whitney is because it is square. I think that goes best with the interior. Plus I really want one that has storage. The zg looks pretty ___ (no offense anybody) and it doesn't have storage! also, it's like $120!! Otherwise, I'd totally rock it. Someone on scion life has the jc whitney and they made it fit good, and I really liked the looks. Plus it's only like 50 bucks!
Old 08-19-2004, 01:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...=259460#259460

large storage :D
Old 08-19-2004, 08:03 PM
5 Year Member

dude that's frickin sick! :D I'll totally want one when I get my box! They work for the xb right? So do you still sell these? And how do they insall?
Old 08-19-2004, 08:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

:D Thanks!

yea, i'm working on a couple right now. sold about 4 of them so far... this is the fifth one i'm right now. just working on another so when someone hits me up it's a shorter wait time for them. they will fit in both xb and xa, they share the same center console. i mold from the center console, this is a drop in unit. fits snugly in the rear cupholder/left slot so you don't need any tools or to modify anything in your car. the fabric wrap hides the mount and makes the armrest look like part of the center console. if you're interested in one PM me, i'm probably going to scare you away with the price but it's all custom work.