Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Just purchased my xB today

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2003, 11:03 PM
Banned
SL Member

Default Just purchased my xB today

Ladies and gentlemen, i have just returned from my local Scion dealer with news that i have purchased a brandy new ( not even built yet, cause we have to wait till Feb. to get them here in the East ) Black Cherry Pearl xB. How cool is that? I paid $14,965

I took out the auto ( cause my wife cant drive a manual ) and was impressed with the pick up. I think that with a little better breathing, the pick up will be even better. Couple of questions though for those of you who have the lil lunch box...

1) what is the bolt pattern and wheel offset for the xB. Im looking into purchasing 16s. Currently i have my eye on the " Sport Edition Tekno " that can be found on tirerack.com

2) has anyone purchased a wing from spoilerdepot.com? They have a painted stock looking tail for $209. Is it worth it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33638

3) does anyone know if Iceman has an intake for the xB as of yet?

Thanks in advance eveyone

CB
Old 12-13-2003, 11:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I ordered the same exact color as you on Dec 1. Hey your name looks familar. I think I remeber you from Neons.org.
Old 12-13-2003, 11:10 PM
Banned
SL Member

Is that Lord Munch???

LOL, i bet it is

CB
Old 12-13-2003, 11:12 PM
obz
5 Year Member
SL Member

Man I tell you what, this is a neons.org forum reunion! I was on there forever!! I went under the screen name nobznss. I loved that forum and am so excited to be on this one. Well CB, I was wondering the exact same thing today and found it with a search. Here's the info on rims:

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=348

I also have checked into intakes. So far the only ones I can find is an injen intake and then the aem. I agree a iceman would be better (I had one on my neon and my friend had an AEM... mine sounded way better and in my opinion performed better too). Because these boxes are so new there aren't many parts being made for them yet. Once they go national I can guarentee you'll be able to find anything you want. I just had to buy a part from a dealership that is being imported from Japan. You do whatcha gotta do, right??
Old 12-13-2003, 11:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CBSIMONSEZ
Is that Lord Munch???

LOL, i bet it is

CB
Yes it is. Hey what's up bro.
Old 12-13-2003, 11:34 PM
Banned
SL Member

Not a hell of a lot, just trying to hook up my littl lunch box before it even gets here. LOL

How much did they end up hitting you for the xB in LI? Like i said, i paid 14,965. Man, i took a hit on my Accent though. It has 15,000, is 2 years old, and looks better then new. Guess how much they will give me for it ....... intially, $1,100! I was like then he said, ok, ok, will give you $1,500! I almost ____ed myself! I still owe like $5,900 LOLOLOL. Finally talked them into giving me 2K for it, and im going to put 2K down in Feb.

HYUNDAI'S SUCK ... and they arent worth blowing up once you buy them. LOL

i see a new sig in this .......
Old 12-13-2003, 11:40 PM
Banned
SL Member

Me likey

CB
Old 12-13-2003, 11:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

They hit me for $15404 not too bad I don't think. I just can't wait to get it.
Old 12-13-2003, 11:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah Spoiler Depot rocks!!!
Old 12-14-2003, 12:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default Re: Just purchased my xB today

Originally Posted by CBSIMONSEZ
Ladies and gentlemen, i have just returned from my local Scion dealer with news that i have purchased a brandy new ( not even built yet, cause we have to wait till Feb. to get them here in the East ) Black Cherry Pearl xB. How cool is that? I paid $14,965

I took out the auto ( cause my wife cant drive a manual ) and was impressed with the pick up. I think that with a little better breathing, the pick up will be even better. Couple of questions though for those of you who have the lil lunch box...

1) what is the bolt pattern and wheel offset for the xB. Im looking into purchasing 16s. Currently i have my eye on the " Sport Edition Tekno " that can be found on tirerack.com

2) has anyone purchased a wing from spoilerdepot.com? They have a painted stock looking tail for $209. Is it worth it?

3) does anyone know if Iceman has an intake for the xB as of yet?

Thanks in advance eveyone

CB
Ok--since everyone else seems to just want to talk and not answer the poor guys questions, I'll come in and save the day...lol

1. The bolt pattern (PCD) of the Scions are 4x100. As far as offsets go, you really want something in the +20 to +38 optimally...you can also run as high as +42, but your wheels will be really close to the chassis, and not out towards the fenders, where a wheel normally looks good at. Lower is better, just don't go too low, otherwise you will look like one of those pickups with wheels sticking outside the car...not cool!

2. Spoilerdepot seems to be a reputable place, even though I have never shopped with them before...I believe ebay ones are going for 219 or so, so the rep that spoilerdepot has is good enough to spend 209 with them.

3. As far as I remember, the last I heard out of Iceman intakes was a very long time ago...I seriously doubt that they will produce an Intake for the Scions, given the companies out there that have already made a piece for our cars. I think the count is somewhere around 7 for intakes now...

You can get an idea of what you might want by checking out the intake shootout post on this forum.

Lastly, congrats on your purchase...and welcome to Scionlife!
Old 12-14-2003, 12:43 AM
Banned
SL Member

Thanks JDM, and everyone else with the helpful info.

Just some other info i wanted to share with you guys and gals. We purchased the xB because of 1 price, 2 storage, and 3 it look really cool. My wife and i own our own cleaning business, and were in desperate need of a vehicle that was more accomidating then my Accent. BINGO, Houston we have a winner in the xB.

I plan on getting 16 inch wheels, with no drop in the springs. We need the car to ride comfortably, but i dont like the look of stock, esp. steelies and hubcaps =P I figure an intake, a wing, and maybe a billet grill. And maybe that Borla dual exhaust that another member has ( really sharp looking ).

Thanks again everyone,

CB
Old 12-15-2003, 12:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Congrats. Check my Link out below, to view Overlays for the Scion

Bat™
Old 12-15-2003, 11:20 AM
Banned
SL Member

Thanks for the offer BlueBat, but i have to take it to a local sign shop and have them letter it for the business.

Not bad on price either, i had the entire back window, and the 2 rears done on my Accent for $100 even, thats installed, 2 tone, white and gold.

Thanks again,
Old 12-16-2003, 11:42 PM
5 Year Member

Whats envolved with ordering a car? did have to put money down? or finance right them, or when the car is delivered?
Old 12-17-2003, 12:28 AM
Banned
SL Member

Mine went a little something like this ....

went into dealer, and test drove an automatic xB

said, "we'll take one in Black Cherry Pearl"

dealer ran my credit

said my credit was so good, that i didnt need finance with toyota if i dont want to, currently Toyota is at 5.5% here in NJ

i left $500 anyway, just to have my name on the lil lunch box when it gets here. Dealer told me that they wont even deposit the $500 check until delivery.

Thats it, but seeing as how your on the left coast, you shouldnt have to order, they should already be there for you to choose.
Old 12-17-2003, 01:16 AM
5 Year Member

cool, well I was gonna order one with the options I want, all the ones around here have wheel covers, and not the alloy wheels. Reason being I don't plan on buying after market wheels.
Old 12-17-2003, 11:09 PM
Banned
SL Member

Keep an eye out on Ebay. I just saw someone is selling a set of the Scion alloys.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=38662

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=43955
Old 12-19-2003, 06:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Hey you two...I know I could put this in it's own post, but I know that you guys were into neons...My mom wants me to get a Neon SXT... How's the trade-in value on those things? With our "loyalty discount" I could get one for like $16k. I'd rather have an xB or Mazda 3...

Also, we have geico...my mom said insurance would be cheaper on the Neon rather than an import (say... xB or Mazda3)...is there any truth to this? BTW, I'm 20 years old...

Thanks
Old 12-19-2003, 11:37 PM
Banned
SL Member

youve got mail :D
Old 12-20-2003, 05:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mikochu
Hey you two...I know I could put this in it's own post, but I know that you guys were into neons...My mom wants me to get a Neon SXT... How's the trade-in value on those things? With our "loyalty discount" I could get one for like $16k. I'd rather have an xB or Mazda 3...

Also, we have geico...my mom said insurance would be cheaper on the Neon rather than an import (say... xB or Mazda3)...is there any truth to this? BTW, I'm 20 years old...

Thanks
NOT TRUE!...I have a Ford Focus, and i pay $125 per month ( im 20 ). The quote i got from my insurance for an xB was $110. Either your mom is full of shat, or geico really sucks!

Ohh and btw, the neon has horrible resale, and SXT 's are selling here in Oregon for 12,500!!dont waste your money on a dodge!

Quick Reply: Just purchased my xB today