First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Looking at getting an new xB

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2004, 04:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Looking at getting an new xB

I went to the dealership today and tried to do my usual run around on them with the price and they just would not budge said something about 'All prices are set an non negotiable' so after talking to the manager and getting the same thing I took a walk because I have NEVER heard of a car dealership who won't budge on the price AT ALL.

My question is if this is true or if they are just feeding me some BS and I should drive the 70 miles to the next closest dealership.

Also they are having some type of special on the wheels, $1999 for either 18" or 19" with tires which is expensive as hell but I know it keeps it under warrenty so it may be the way to go, my other question is can I deal with them on the price of the rims? Even if I can get them for $1500 is still saving a couple bucks in my pocket.

Thanks in advance and thanks for having such a awesome resources for these vehicle which most people have not even heard of yet
Old 03-15-2004, 04:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS

They aren't bull____ting you... The price isn't negotiable... No-haggle pricing... Go on scion.com , build your xA/xB, and the price that you see on the left is what you will pay to drive one home.
Old 03-15-2004, 04:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

The "pure pricing policy" is real. I think a lot of people prefer it to the regular way car dealerships work - you know in advance exactly how much youre going to pay. if you go to scion.com, u can build the car you want with whatever accesories, etc, figure out the cost, and thats pretty much the price you're going to pay. As far as the wheels, hmm, its totally up to you. The good: you can get a nice set of expensive rims you normally wouldn't be able to get because it gets thrown in with your payments. BUT, if you have the money available, I'd say you'd probably find some nice rims a lot cheaper elsewhere. BUT, you're gonna have to fork over the dough up front (or charge it, whatever.) Depends on your cash flow I guess.

PS - I've heard from people that you can sometimes haggle with them on the aftermarket rims - I dont know about the trd rims though.
Old 03-15-2004, 04:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

OK thanks alot, one other thing I was not sure if anyone knew anything about but they told me the 19" are going to have a much rougher ride than the 18"?? It does not make sense to me as they both have a 35 series.

Thanks again..

also anyone have any xB picks with it rolling on the 19's? I saw the 18's in the showroom and they looked sweet as hell so I would like to compare them and see, usually bigger IS better when it comes to rims
Old 03-15-2004, 05:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by OKIHost
also anyone have any xB picks with it rolling on the 19's? I saw the 18's in the showroom and they looked sweet as hell so I would like to compare them and see, usually bigger IS better when it comes to rims
Are you sure about that in BAh-Ston I mean here in Ny that would kill the rims in about a week.
Old 03-15-2004, 06:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I went with 18" and I'm more than satisfied. Looks great!

Good luck!
Old 03-15-2004, 05:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks guys, yes I am in Boston now but Orlando bound for good in a few months so I wont have so much to worry about.

I had some 17"s on a Tbird SC a few years back with 40 series and this pothold hell just ate them up like nothing so I know what you mean
Old 03-17-2004, 11:06 PM
5 Year Member

Scion has developed whats called a pure pricing way to sell cars. It almost resembles the way my dealership sells cars. if anyone has any questons on how this works please feel free to call me with them.

Roland Carter
Fitgerald AutoMall
301-670-4800
Old 03-17-2004, 11:10 PM
5 Year Member

Default 19 vs 18

The only problem with the 19' wheels is that they void any warrenty that you have. so be careful with the selection of wheels. If you would like to what they look like on the car they should be in by the end of the week.