Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Mud Mats

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2004, 10:08 PM
5 Year Member

Default Mud Mats

Hey guys i just got my new xB and was wondering if anybody knows anything about mud mats (they go on top of your floor mats and can hold upto a half gallon of water)?? I don't know if scion is going to come out with mats for the xB or if I am going to have to get the all purpose kind from pep boys? I'd appreciate any information you guys can give me. Thanx
Old 02-08-2004, 10:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa

i saw on their website that its 120 bucks for the floor mats. definitely not worth the money IMO. i havent seen how they look like, but for utility id rather just get the mats your talking about from pepboys or something. but id also get a set of carpeted mats to place underneath for more protection from spills.
Old 02-09-2004, 12:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Mud Mats

Originally Posted by Ahulk
Hey guys i just got my new xB and was wondering if anybody knows anything about mud mats (they go on top of your floor mats and can hold upto a half gallon of water)?? I don't know if scion is going to come out with mats for the xB or if I am going to have to get the all purpose kind from pep boys? I'd appreciate any information you guys can give me. Thanx
I made a set of mats from heavy-duty carpet runner I got at Home Despot. It is dark grey and goes well with the interior. My mats have much better coverage than the factory mats because they are cut wider and longer and therefore curve up at the sides and back of the footwell. They probably won't hold a gallon of water, but with my mats no dirt at all gets underneath the mat.

It isn't hard to make these. You just make a paper pattern to fit the car, then cut the carpet runner to match once you get a good fit with the paper.

George