Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

My first crack at VIP...

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2005, 08:17 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default My first crack at VIP...

I just started modding my xB VIP, just curious if im heading in the right direction fellow Vip'rs

Old 11-20-2005, 08:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've been wondering this for a while, what is VIP?
Old 11-20-2005, 09:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^ same here
Old 11-20-2005, 09:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well VIP = very important person, so the style is going to be sorta "high class", there are some threads with pics already on these forums.

Not sure how else to explain the style lol, not that im mr knowitall either on it...just see them and have met some peeps who are doing the same style (Style bB to be exact)
Old 11-21-2005, 12:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Here you'll find what is VIP.

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=85862

Table looks good....now you need fusa, cartains, layligts, air ride, rear camber kit, body kit, some chrome accents and etc.

When everything is said and done....there will be a big **** hole in your pocket.
Old 11-21-2005, 12:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well VIP mainly has to do with exterior modifications. So if you are asking me, no that is not VIP. Sorry if im a little blunt but i feel this is constructive criticism and you asked for my opnion.

A VIPstyle car is very low, has Wide low offset wheels that are flush and has camber. The interior is usually very classy and usually there arent any unneccesary guages.

In my opnion none of that is VIP. VIPstyle has a wide, low, perfectly flush, stance. Its all in the stance and of course the type of wheels and things like that.

On another note. IMHO those that are wanting to attempt the VIPstyle should save up thier money until they can do it correctly. I know the VIPstyle is very expensive and thus the origination of the VIPstyle. Save all your money and do it all at once, correctly. The results will make you a hundred times happier and it will show. All that needs to be done to pull off VIPstyle are perfectly flush wide wheels, Coilovers or air, and camber. The neons and tables can wait. A table does not make a car VIPstyle.

btw- This was in no way meant to hurt or belittle anyone. This was meant to be constructive cirticism. Thank you.
Old 11-21-2005, 12:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Well-worded Mr. VIP. Thank you so much for clarigying what's VIP is all about.

I'm still trying to catch up with you....just to let you know.
Old 11-21-2005, 12:37 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well VIP mainly has to do with exterior modifications. So if you are asking me, no that is not VIP. Sorry if im a little blunt but i feel this is constructive criticism and you asked for my opnion.

A VIPstyle car is very low, has Wide low offset wheels that are flush and has camber. The interior is usually very classy and usually there arent any unneccesary guages.

In my opnion none of that is VIP. VIPstyle has a wide, low, perfectly flush, stance. Its all in the stance and of course the type of wheels and things like that.

On another note. IMHO those that are wanting to attempt the VIPstyle should save up thier money until they can do it correctly. I know the VIPstyle is very expensive and thus the origination of the VIPstyle. Save all your money and do it all at once, correctly. The results will make you a hundred times happier and it will show. All that needs to be done to pull off VIPstyle are perfectly flush wide wheels, Coilovers or air, and camber. The neons and tables can wait. A table does not make a car VIPstyle.

btw- This was in no way meant to hurt or belittle anyone. This was meant to be constructive cirticism. Thank you.
i dont expect it to be vip by adding a table, this is just my starting point on my journey ahead of VIP modding. I am saving up for my body kit and air-ride. as for the gauges, im very **** about my engine temps, 75% of my cars have had overheating problems, so im very careful nowadays. I appreciate the constructive criticism bBoxd, it gives me focus on my goals. its better than a bunch of people sayin its good, when its really crappy.
Old 11-21-2005, 12:47 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea not very VIP in my opinion. good try and valiant effort.

i think too many people are trying to follow the flavor the week way too much. Ive been looking around at it all (and Mark can probably testify to this) its not a plausilble option to do it right really unless you're wanting to drop the same amount of cash that you have on the whole car!

VIP is exactly that: Very important person style. You cant do VIP style on a budget really . as many of you know, im not about following a strict style, but if you are going to, please choose what you like and dont do it half ast. Mark has done everything right here, and has had to pay for it. Dont see a car like Marks and think you can just do that exactly. Steve of bBist is another example of a style that im sure that will be copied in the near future the more people see it. People see flares and wide wheels and im sure will be copying it.

I think VIP looks cool personally but only if done right (i only know of 3 or 4 true VIP style xBs) . im a personal fan of the JDM luxury style (2 very distinct styles) and am partial to that but it takes a toll on the budget also.

moral of the story, stick to what you like, not the flavor of the week; dont be afraid to drop a LOT of cash to do it right. and most importantly, do your research and have fun modding.

scott
Old 11-21-2005, 01:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

some very good points!

the problem I am running into, and more so next year after the holidays..is forcing myself to take my time and save and do it right...I am sooooooooooooooo tempted to buy things for the quick fix but am trying not too

its tough as hell though lol!!
Old 11-21-2005, 04:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

VIP is mostly centered on your wheelwells. You're off to a decent start inside with the table, but the main action is outside. Basically you want to put it as low to the ground as possible with the widest wheels possible and a VIP style lip kit (think noblesse or junction produce or whatever). Red tails and a nice chrome license plate frame would also help.

VIP interior is usually tan leather, wood, some chrome, and some black. Think analog clock set into a wooden dash, not screens and lights. You can get a fairly big bang for your buck re-doing your seats with leather. Get some tan leather seats, re-wrap the headliner in tan, paint the pillars black, turn the lights off, take out the gauge face you have, get a burl wood dash kit (after you sand and repaint the interior parts, the finish isn't looking too hot), put a few chrome pieces here and there, and you're golden. You should be able to do all that for about $1000 if you're crafty. You could even keep the gauges if you did something good with them.

It's all in the details.
Old 11-21-2005, 04:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think people get confused wihen they hear "VIP" for the first time. They take it too literally or have a pre-conceived notion of just having expensive luxury items. They don't understand how the Japanese have interpreted it. The Japanes have sort of misappropriated the term "VIP," but without going into the history of it, the main goal of "VIP style" is a LOW and WIDE stance. How wide of a wheel can be fit under the fender while at the same time getting as close to the ground as possible.....

If people just got super wide/flush wheels and super slammed suspension....that's ALL they would need for VIP style!! It is all in the stance...

All the other fluff i.e. body kit, tables, kiku knots, HIDs, leather, wood dash, chrome pieces, etc.. is just gravy.....
Old 11-21-2005, 11:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

um...... not vip at all imo..... and those screens dont even sit flush in the headrests... lets see some camber , big wheels , subtle body kit , slick interior , maybe custom paint.
Old 11-22-2005, 12:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The license plate frame is the thing that is going to push your xB over the VIP top!
Old 11-22-2005, 01:49 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics

Some people I suppose missed the "just started" portion of the thread. Not a bad start. Most important is that you love your Box and it makes you happy. I myself am more of a hodge podge of styles. Influence mainly by mini trucks. Keep up the moding and your bow was deffinately "born to roll" later mang!
Old 11-22-2005, 02:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

the BASIC BASIC BASIC idea of VIP is LOW and WIDE.

low ride, low offset/wide wheels and camber. here's a sticker i made based off a H&R sticker.

Old 11-23-2005, 05:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If people just got super wide/flush wheels and super slammed suspension....that's ALL they would need for VIP style!! It is all in the stance...
Exactly why hahajoeys car is SOOO vip, when all he's done is on wheels/suspension.

Like dudes on here said. Take your time and have fun with it. Just don't rush and try to get parts. It's better to take your time and get it done right the first time, then making your car evolve and feel bad about all the money you've wasted. Roll stock for a while till you get a good idea of what you wanna do to your ride.
Old 11-23-2005, 11:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've said it before on here, save your money and buy quality parts...if you half @55 a car, you will be paying twice as much to remove all the stuff and replace it...I just hope that the term VIP doesn't turn into an overused acronym like JDM, which seems is already happening
Old 11-30-2005, 02:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^^ TRUE ^^^^
Everything soon will be JDM or VIP....