Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

My Xb Pic Added! (Lousy digital camera...sorry!)

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2005, 07:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default My Xb Pic Added! (Lousy digital camera...sorry!)

I've had my 04 Camo XB for about 6 months now. Here's a bit of its history...

1. Got it from Richard at Longo Scion. Great dealer, great service, great guy! Thanks Rich! It was delivered with a minor scratch on the side skirt so it went back to the body shop and was fixed. Drove it off the lot 2 days later.

2. About a week later, one of the wheel covers flew off and I had to get a replacement.

3. About a month later, I had Tein S-Techs installed. I wanted to get some rims and tires at the same time, but didn't have all the dough together. But I really liked the drop from the S-Techs, and the ride was also improved; less body roll, still a good ride, and it improved the looks, even with the stock rim. (My personal favorite of all the wheel covers are the 6 spokes.

4. 3 months: I went to visit my parents in Vegas. This would be my first "longer" voyage in the Xb. Here's what I expereinced: Man! Along the 15 there are a few areas where there are high winds, and you really feel it! I though I was going to get blown over! I guess "boxes weren't made to be aerodynamic! and evertime a big rig blew by......................whoaaaaaaaaaaaaa! But it was a fun trip. Climbing the cajon pass wasn't that bad at all. The only bummer from the trip was on the way back, a rock hit my windshield putting a 2" crack in it! Damn luck! Longo wanted 700 dollars to replace it, I opted t just forget it until aftermarket replacements come up.

5. I finally saved up some money so I was ready to get some rims. Fluxmr2spyder had some 5zigens for sale, and I wanted them, but someone beat me to them. BTW, Coi is a joy to deal with, although our deal didn't work out.

I've looked at a lot of tire wheel combos in the past few months and my favorite look on the camo Xb is with either black, gunmetal, or anthracite wheels.Then there was what size to get. I liked the way the stock 15's looked so I thought about getting some black 15's. Robear had the Buddyclub wheels advertised so I looked up Buddyclub on the new and they seemed pretty cool. So.........I ended up with the 15 Buddyclub P1's (Robear is great!) I obted for 205/50/15's. So.......................................................it turned out exactly how I wanted....a sort of stealth/agressive look. I thought may I should have went with 17's, but I like the 15's, and the ride is great; handling improved dramatically with the wider tires. I love my Xb! I'll post some pictures as soon as I can.

6. My next addition would be some sort of dvd/video system for the kids. Does anyone have a roof-mounted monitor on their Xb?

Thanks Scion Life!

Roger

[img]https://www.scionlife.com/gallery/data/500/11469Stealthbox-med.jpg

[img]https://www.scionlife.com/gallery/data/500/11469buddyclub-thumb.jpg

[img]https://www.scionlife.com/gallery/data/500/11469rearside-thumb.jpg

Old 01-12-2005, 07:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

welcome glad to have you here.
nice intro about your experience so far with your xB.
Old 01-12-2005, 08:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: My Xb

Originally Posted by fachiro1
The only bummer from the trip was on the way back, a rock hit my windshield putting a 2" crack in it! Damn luck! Longo wanted 700 dollars to replace it, I opted t just forget it until aftermarket replacements come up.
Do you have comprehensive coverage on your insurance? Most policies do. If you have it, you can get a new windshield for zero deductable. No cost to you at all, and most places will even send the bill to your insurance company for you.
Old 01-12-2005, 08:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

w00t - Camo Rulez!! That's my goal too - Stealth Box. Can't wait to see pics.
Old 01-12-2005, 08:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks for the great welcome. MAtt, thanks for the insurance tip...I'll look into it. Gotta get the pic of the BOX....soon!
Old 01-14-2005, 12:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Added picture......sorry about the quality. I used my Sony Clie camera, which I think is ony 500 megapixels.

I wish I could get some of those Army insignias tha they put on tanks for the doors. Looks kind of like a mini military hummer!

Rog
Old 01-14-2005, 02:11 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i like how it looks on the 15 inch buddy clubs... i wanna go with the same wheel set up....
Old 01-14-2005, 02:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Look's good.
Old 01-14-2005, 03:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey thanks people for the kind comments. I like it too. I'll shoot some more photos from different angles and post them as soon as I can.
Old 01-14-2005, 03:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by fachiro1
Hey thanks people for the kind comments. I like it too. I'll shoot some more photos from different angles and post them as soon as I can.
Welcome to the boards and that is a nice looking camo you have there!

As a reminder please register your vehicle and fill out your profile when you have sometime...It will help you and the community in the long run!

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/pro...de=editprofile

If you have any questions feell free to ask!

Once again welcome and enjoy ScionLife! :D
Old 01-14-2005, 03:51 AM
Banned
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

That camo xB is looking pretty good.
Old 01-14-2005, 04:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Allllllriight another Camo. I think we are taking over Nice choice of rims and tires. I was thinking of the same thing with the army-tank stikers. Like a big white star on the door or a smaller one by the side markers :twisted:
Once again nice job!