ptuning.com
Old 07-28-2004, 09:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

I havn't driven the xB, but I own an xA and have driven a Mini many a time, hehe. From my experience, the xA is pretty darn close, considering it was nearly $5k cheaper. The rear suspension doesn't bite as well as the Mini, probably attributed to the twist beam instead of an independent setup, as well as the fatter tires. I'm guessing the xB will be similar. If you are coming from a Mini, I strongly recommend going for the 5spd, or you may be setting yourself up for disappointment in power. You're going to be spoiled by that Mini, assuming you've got an S. I have a 5spd xA and is more than adequate in performance, on the highway or not. . . but reading up isn't going to do as much as test driving one for yourself. Interior quality is great, as it is made by Toyota. I love Mini's too, but the second time I drove my best friend's S (he gets totally wasted and I gotta drive that **** home), I ended up ripping the shift **** off while merging onto the highway. Yeah, I do drive hard. . . really hard. So it was either that or a fluke, but all in all the Mini seemed to be put together very well. And you gotta love the OEM leather too. But I feel that the Scion seats are far more practical and more comfortable, long term. Hope this helps!
Old 07-28-2004, 10:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default kids and xBs

yep, the xB is great for kids (and furkids,too :D )
I managed to fit a car seat (with a five year old in it) and two adults in the back of the xB without problems. In fact, they had to "climb" over the car seat - with kid in it and did it gracefully and with ample room to walk (gotta love that leg room). I have also had two adults, one five year old kid (in car seat) and two dogs in the car with weekend getaway stuff in the car. Having the cargo net helps alot.

What I did find is that an adult does NOT fit in the back seat with two car seats. We tried to take three adults and two five-year olds in car seats to Bonfonte Gardens (in Gilroy) and we could not fit. We suffered through a long drive in a Subaru Legacy. we fit but the ride was bumpier and the seats less comfortable.

Re: ride. At times we find roadway/highways that we hit at just the right frequency the car will bounce like no tomorrow. Robert - the five year old - will start to make the "ah-ah-ah-ah-ah" noise and gets a nice vibrato going.

Overall, i love my xB!