Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

New shadow mica xb....any mod opinions

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 05:36 PM
5 Year Member

Default New shadow mica xb....any mod opinions

what do u guys think i should do to my new stock shadow mica box?
Old 08-08-2006, 05:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

First off, congrats on the new ride.

As far as mods go, do what suites you man. A lot of people go with power mods before suspension / wheels etc......and visa versa. Depends on your personal priority and your budget. There a lot of free cosmetic mods you can start off with, just search around these forums and you will find plenty of ideas to keep you busy.

Enjoy and good luck!
Old 08-08-2006, 05:49 PM
5 Year Member

SL Member

Congratulations on your new SM box. It all depends on your budget and what style you are looking for. The first thing I did was put a K&N Air Filter in, then I put some neon under the dash, and put a Bazooka Sub in the back. My next thing is finding some wheels and tires. GOOD LUCK!
Old 08-08-2006, 05:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you're on a tight budget I'd say go with the bling trim wheels and get a decent set of lowering springs. If you don't kow what the bling trim whels are you go search it and you'll see what a difference it makes to the stock car for very little money. That would get you off to a good start.
Old 08-08-2006, 08:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I agree with mattxb. Do some searching on the forum. There's great info on mods, cost, diy, etc. I lurked around here for a year before I joined. That way I would be informed
Old 08-08-2006, 09:04 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Congrats on the new ride! I think you probably need to tell us what area you are thinking about modding, as in, performance or appearance. I just got my xB Saturday and have been reading up on installing cold cathode lights in the interior, under the dash, seats, the oh sh#$ handles. That will probably be my first mod. Also need to get some tinting down on the front windows. For me, I am not looking at performance mods, but there are plenty of those out there too. And there is always new wheels, bigger better stereo etc.
Old 08-08-2006, 10:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Looking around the site is the best thing you can do. I got alot of stuff from other xb owners and saved alot of money. Plus the write ups on different mods helped a great deal. Wheels and a drop will make it stand out the most. Its also a very easy diy. Don't let some mods intimidate you. I was hesitant to lower my box. After looking others posts on how to do it. It only took me about an hour and a half. Good luck and great choice on color!
Old 08-09-2006, 01:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default ....Filter pollen and dust INSIDE the BOX

Yes, congrats... Search for 'free mod' and see all the easy things that you can do.
HOWEVER, you must first install a CABIN AIR FILTER into your empty CABIN AIR FILTER TRAY that is behind your glove box.
Do not know of what I speak? Then read the TECH thread called 'Fabricate your own CABIN AIR FILTER'.
Filter is the same one as the RAV4 uses and gets replaced every 15 or 20 thousand miles.
Old 08-09-2006, 05:26 AM
5 Year Member

ok well heres the thing...im 18 workin at albertsons as a courtesy clerk (which sux ___!) and im being paid minimum wage (6.75) im workin full time and i got my car saturday...and it is now wendsday and i still havent been able to enjoy it cuz of work..takes up all my time...i was thinking of wheels,sound,led tail lights,halo head lights,underbody lites, and under dash lites...haha i know i might be over my head but what ever! its my 1st car gotta make it count right? :D
Old 08-09-2006, 10:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sounds like you truely must do everything on the cheap.
I suggest the " nutz,cups & bling rings", and the cabin air filter.
also add 1/2 inch spacers to the front bolts of the drivers seat to help with the thigh support...
just my 1.5 cents worth
Old 08-11-2006, 03:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by MocoBOX
i was thinking of wheels,sound,led tail lights,halo head lights,underbody lites, and under dash lites... :D
Welcome! If you'll highlight the grey "forums" button up there, then highlight the "xB owner's lounge", you'll see an additional forum menu open with six more xB forums to explore (and also post threads properly )

The "aero & exterior" forum is for your exterior body mods, kits, tails, headlights, underbody lighting, etc. In "drivetrain & power" you'll find things like aftermarket exhausts, CAIs, pulleys, etc., (basically all things to add power to a "naturally aspired" xB, meaning no turbo or supercharger. In "forced induction" you'll obviously find turbos, NOS, superchargers, etc.. In "ice & interior" you can explore interior mods including lights, decks, navigation units, subs, speakers, etc., and the last two forums "suspension & handling" and "wheels & tires" speak for themselves, i.e., springs, coilovers, etc., in one and aftermarket wheels, tires and wheel/tire issues in the other.

So basically explore the forums and whatever particular question you will have regarding specific mods you are thinking of getting should be asked in the appropriate forum to get the most informed responses. This keeps the lounge uncluttered.

Good luck modding!
Old 09-04-2006, 09:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

MocoBOX,

Congrats on your new ride and love the color you pip
Like they said, its all up to you what you want done first to make it your own style.