Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Newbie Questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2004, 03:41 AM
5 Year Member

Default Newbie Questions

A few thoughts, and some questions too..

I currently have a Focus ZX3 (fun to drive, crappy to own-already falling apart), but will have an xB within a few months. I live up here in MI and we don't have any dealers YET, but a local Toyota dealer brought in 4 xB's from CA and is charging WAY too much for them (plus they're auto and I don't drive auto), so wait I will.

I've done major research on this car and I've never been more excited about a new car purchase than this, and it'll be my 18th car! But I have to say I've gotten most of my scioninfo from this site, especially this board. Thanks to all of you for being candidly honest about the vehicle, good and bad (not that I've seen much of the bad).

So, the questions:

1. Intermittent wipers--got 'em on the Focus, but only 1 intermittent setting-SLOW.
Is it the same on the xB, or are they variable intermittent?

2. Realistically, how is the gas mileage?

3. Does Scion have "alternative financing", for those of us who are financially challenged?

4. How are insurance rates?

5. And is it possible to get one without all the options already added by the dealer?

6. Are the $350 foglights worth it, or would aftermarket lights look better in the lower grille?

Any info you guys can provide would be greatly appreciated! I'm moving back East this summer and hope to have mine once I get settled. Wish me luck-and leave a white one for the MI guy who has to wait so long!
Old 03-12-2004, 04:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS

1. Same as far as I know

2. I'm not a person that tests my gas mileage all the time... but I know that it gets better mileage than my past 2 cars (96 honda civic, 2002 Acura RSX)

3. I believe so, but not sure... I wrote a personal check for my xB

4. Insurance is CHEAP.

5. Yes, you can get them with no options, and change your mind at any time and get options added... As far as I know, they all come off the truck bone stock, then options are added at the dealership...

6. I got the foglights.... Worth the $350 to me =)

GL getting your xB... I'm sure you'll love it
Old 03-12-2004, 04:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

3. Insurence...I was quoted 8 dollars more for my scion than my 95 grand cherokee limited... GC-L $117/ mo scion $125... both with $100/$250 deductables living in harris county one of most populated counties in nation

4. Dunno but remember you can go with someone else... I am going with a national credit union with 3.49% for 60 months.

5. I ordered my RS1 nearly base with mats and rear bumper protector (totalling $120)

6. i am prob in a minority, but i'd go with aftermarket small square fogs in lower grill... ones with chrome or chrome look alike trim around. I just dont see the value and the location choice of the stock. For accessories check here... fellow scionlife member posted it ages ago in a thread (forgot who it was sorry)...

http://www.partznet.com/toyota/scion/scionhomepage.html