Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Not Scion fault but Beware of Jiffy Lube

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 09:19 PM
how
SL Member

that makes me nervous, cuz I started going to JL because I had a bad experience at a Toyota service dept.

My very first oil change after I bought it, I brought in my box to the Toyota dealer that I bought it from for the free oil change. I was in and out in about an hour. I leave, run a few errands (spanning about 40 miles) then returned home. Next morning I back my car out of the garage and there was an oil spot about 20". I reached under the car and found the drain plug not even hand tight!!! Loose as a goose I tell you! I grab a wrench, tighten it, add oil, drive to the dealership, showed the service advisor who helped me before a photo of the oil spot, and demanded that the undercarrage be thouroghly cleaned of any oil and to have all the work rechecked by a different technician. Angry I was. She was apologetic and offered me another free oil chage, after my initial free ones were used.

Second oil change, I decided to give that Dealership another shot, since the service advisor was really cool, and the loose drain plug from the previous incident was not her fault. I pull in around 3:30pm, I knew it was late in the afternoon so I was not sure I would get serviced that day. The same advisor told me that they can squeeze me in so I thought, cool! no more than 10 minutes later, she comes out and says that her boss told her they couldn't take anymore cars that day, which meant mine. That was the last straw. I'm sorry, but when you promise a customer something and don't adhere to it, that not right. boo to you, I 10 Toyota/Scion

Damn, now I gotta worry about JL?!?!? Guess the next thing I buy for the car will be a jack!
Old 07-14-2008, 02:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

its not hard to diy just get all the right tools ....jack.wrench and since the filter is sometimes a pain get something to take it off ...took me about 15-20 mins...you can drop your old used oil at jiffy lube when your done