First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Pics of new rims and flip-up sunroof

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2005, 04:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Pics of new rims and flip-up sunroof

Just wanted to share some pics of my '05 PW with some new rims and flip-up sunroof. The rims are gunmetal 15x6.5 Nippon F2s that I got off eBay for $375, delivered from California to Virginia. I've since replaced the 205/55 tires in the pictures with some 225/50s. The flip-up sunroof was installed by Wynn's in Chesapeake, cost was $450. Hopefully these links will work:

Enjoy!
Old 08-06-2005, 05:13 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

i hate you. I want a sunrood, hahahahaha
Old 08-06-2005, 05:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Nice!!! Got any pics of your wood dash kit?
Old 08-07-2005, 04:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey Prototype, a guy in our Scion group has one of those s'cool buses, with 15" Konigs that has black spokes and polished lip. Looks pretty good, but would look even better with bigger tires (the tire/wheel pkg came with 195/50s). Maybe 205/55s or 225/50s...

By popular request, here are a couple of pics of the wood kit I have. Also threw in a copy of the Flowmaster seamless knockoff muffler I had installed. The last pic is of a "ram air" hose I have that replaced the stock intake piece, and draws in cold outside air from the middle grill, directly into the airbox.

Hang on, gotta post the pics somewhere else...they're not posting from MSN Groups...I'll post them then get them on here...stand by...

Old 08-07-2005, 04:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Sunroof

I love the sunroof ,thinking of doing that on my xb. One question does it make the interior any louder.?
Old 08-07-2005, 05:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

SCXB - I don't think the sunroof increases the interior noise level. It can be opened in one of three positions, and having it open, even at the smallest opening, increases the flow of air coming from the HVAC controls. By that I mean if I have the HVAC set on the dash vents, fan speed on the second speed, then pop open the sunroof, I get a noticeable increase in the amount of air blowing out of the vents, without having to increase the fan speed. I like being able to look thru the glass and see the sky, and it sets my box car apart from the others in the area.
Old 08-07-2005, 01:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Looking good. Much better then those rag tops IMO.
Old 08-07-2005, 02:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by socalxb
By popular request, here are a couple of pics of the wood kit I have.
What woodkit is this? What manufacturer or retailer?
This looks absolutely fantastic. Do the woodgrained dash pieces need to be removed for instalation? Or do the appliques go on without dissasembly?
The reason I ask - these look professionally done. I'm not a professional - but would like to attempt this myself.
Old 08-07-2005, 06:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Okay, I am sorta digging the wood. But that air intake...one word:

Ghetto.

But hey, don't take that the wrong way...
Old 08-07-2005, 07:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Jamesgang -

My vehicle records are back in Virginia. Once I get back there (Tues), I'll look for the wood interior kit info. I think there was 30+ pieces in the kit, and it was pretty easy to install. There were two pieces I know for sure I didn't install, and those were the ones that covered the large vertical silver pieces next to the center part of the dash, starting up at the center dash vents and going down towards the cigarette lighter and ashtray. I didn't use the adhesive accelerator though, and the pieces are still sticking pretty good without it. There was no disassembly involved, just peel off the backing and press on top of the surface. I dry-fitted all the pieces first, to get a good idea of how they'd go on once I peeled the adhesive backing off. Also, use a hair dryer to warm up the pieces and make them more flexible. Above all, be patient and take your time.

I'll post the vendor info once I get back to Virginia...

As for the cold air hose, I tend to follow function more than form. My xB isn't set up to be a show car, so if I can achieve the same "ram air" effect from this simple $6 hose modification, as opposed to dropping $$$ on a CAI or ram air setup that might look better but doesn't improve performance any more than the $6 hose, so be it. I guess I should add that this hose of mine is attached to a Uni dual stage foam air filter, which is positioned directly behind the far left opening of the middle grill, so it's being force-fed colder outside air all the time. Seems to me that this would be kind of hard to do with an intake system that positions the filter entirely INSIDE the engine compartment, like many of the CAI systems out there. I routed the hose to replace the stock intake piece on the airbox, and removed the stock air filter. I put a piece of black window screen mesh between the airbox halves, to serve as a last resort in case something somehow made it past the Uni filter.

I'm also tinkering around with the idea of adding a WRX-style hood scoop, but reversing the opening so it's pointing toward the windshield. That way, it'll allow the heat under the hood to escape, which would be much more functional than trying to make it a fresh air intake system, since the airbox isn't located under the middle of the hood anyway. I did this to a Mazda B3000 truck I used to own, and it did actually keep the engine temps down, at least according to the water temp gauge. A WRX-style scoop would work better on the short/wide hood design of the xB, so once I get it, I'll see how it looks, and where it would be best placed on the hood to allow heat to vent. I'll see if the place that installed my sunroof can make a cutout in the hood and put the scoop over it. I'll go with the adhesive promotor and tape backing for now, and try to avoid using screws or rivets, for a cleaner look. I'll get some black window screen mesh and use that at the base of the scoop, as well as at the scoop intake, to prevent anything from getting INTO the engine compartment. Did the same thing to the scoop I installed on the Mazda truck, and it worked like a charm. If I get this done, I'll post some "before and after" pics, to include the underside of the hood.

Stay tuned!
Old 08-09-2005, 06:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Here's the info on the wood kit:

www.alphadash.com

Go to "Products", click on the Scion logo, and it's kit #SCI-2A, 34-pieces, for $169 plus shipping.
Old 08-09-2005, 07:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

i wanna see a pic on how the wood looks
Old 08-09-2005, 11:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Soto

Not sure what's going on with the pics I posted in this thread. Sometimes they're showing up as red X's.

Sooooo, here's a link to the pics:

http://njsr.org/pics/albums/userpics...l_WoodKit1.JPG
http://njsr.org/pics/albums/userpics...l_WoodKit2.JPG

http://njsr.org/pics/albums/userpics...l_Snrf15s1.JPG
http://njsr.org/pics/albums/userpics...l_Snrf15s2.JPG
http://njsr.org/pics/albums/userpics...l_Snrf15s3.JPG
http://njsr.org/pics/albums/userpics...l_Snrf15s4.JPG

http://njsr.org/pics/albums/userpics...l_Exhaust3.JPG

Hopefully, these links will work, since the pics I posted aren't now...
Old 08-09-2005, 05:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Looks good! I want a sunroof badly!
Old 08-09-2005, 07:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The dash trim kit looks like it fits awesome. I wanna get one in real carbon fiber.
Old 08-09-2005, 08:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Custom2k1 -

Go the the "alphadash.com" website, and click on "materials". Looks like they have quite a selection of carbon fiber to choose from. Not sure how many would be available for the xB, but it's worth a look...

Kristina - I'm orignially from Fillmore, got my xB from Scion in Oxnard, with less than 1 mile on the odometer. They didn't even drill the front bumper for a license plate yet! I held off doing that until I got my personal plates ("BXMEBXU"). My car's out here in Virginia, where I'm on a temporary military assignment in Norfolk. Guess my xB has more of a "west coast" flavor to it, with the wood, sunroof, and other stuff. Some of the xBs here are either "mild" or "wild", hardly anything in-between, lol!
Old 08-10-2005, 12:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

looks good, I want those... wtf are they called... ragtop sunroofs, oh yeaahh..