Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Pictures of my Two Door Suicided xB Panel Van..

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2005, 06:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Originally Posted by jay_berkshire
I am afaird if I tint the back window the tint won't match right with the paint and look tacked on.
I am thinking of doing a clear window with a pull down mirror in the headliner. That way people will be able to see the hydraulics and stereo with the back closed. That way people can see the tail lights at the same time.
Why don't you just paint the window the way busses do, that doesn't look to bad, there's a couple business cars around here that have it done as well...maybe that'd be cool?
Old 12-26-2005, 06:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I know what you mean about the caps sticking out. Somethings don’t translate well in 54 KB. ( the image size ) When you see the XB in person, you can see how the paint reflects in the caps. I could go on and on here but to make it short, I think the caps work with the car as a whole.
Old 12-26-2005, 09:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Defined3
SL Member

Hey man , out of many people requesting & myself as well. Whats up with the pics of the suicide doors ???

Kill to see a pic !!!
Old 12-27-2005, 12:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

true lol I only saw one pic of one of the doors open... i'd like to see more of the suicide doors too
Old 12-27-2005, 03:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Per request, this is the only picture I have right now with the door open. I didn’t take any from the front because the inter door panels are out and there just bare metal. Once the interior finished I’ll have plenty of pictures with the doors opened. Sorry, I’d like to have some good onces to post.
Old 12-27-2005, 04:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Chimmy3
to jay:
the back window definately breaks up the art too much, are you looking into getting that window art tint (lets you see out but people can only see the picture looking in) to complete the look.
You're probably referring to vinyl overlays on the outside of the glass since it's not possible to use TINT film unless he buys a clear replacement window. - well, ok, it's physically "possible" to be literal, but pointless. The stock coloring in the glass would hide the graphics work from the outside (altough it would look fine from the inside...)

Originally Posted by Box916
Why don't you just paint the window the way busses do, that doesn't look to bad, there's a couple business cars around here that have it done as well...maybe that'd be cool?
it's not "paint", it's a thermal printed perforated vinyl overlay - a giant sticker with 1000's of holes in it basically.
Old 12-27-2005, 08:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

For what this cost I would have bought a Forester XT and had leather, luxury, AWD with LSD, turbo with a 5.4 sec 0-60 (faster than any xB will ever go) and a real independent rear suspension, but that's me....

Props for orginality and following through though, I guess.
Old 12-27-2005, 08:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I know, maybe I'll sell it and buy a Super Seven or a Beck 550.
Old 12-28-2005, 05:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by windowtint
it's not "paint", it's a thermal printed perforated vinyl overlay - a giant sticker with 1000's of holes in it basically.
yes thanks, that's exactly what i'm referring to... I just didn't know what it was called.

i think done right it would look hot, but its probably expensive... so I understand Jay's worry about it not coming out right
Old 12-28-2005, 06:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

are you going with a turn down exhaust???
Old 12-28-2005, 06:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yes, I am cutting the exhaust pipe back under the car with a turn down. I don't want it rapping against the body, etc..
Old 12-28-2005, 07:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Awesome job, but the mirrors and wheels take too much attention away from the rest of the rest of it, for me at least.
Old 12-28-2005, 07:36 AM
Banned
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

Wow, didn't know there were that many hours in a day to do all of that work! Can't wait to see it all finished.
Old 12-28-2005, 07:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

do you have any pics ith your tails/brakes lit up??
Old 12-28-2005, 05:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Originally Posted by Biznox
For what this cost I would have bought a Forester XT and had leather, luxury, AWD with LSD, turbo with a 5.4 sec 0-60 (faster than any xB will ever go) and a real independent rear suspension, but that's me....

Props for orginality and following through though, I guess.
an ugly forester. oh yeah. ewww
a forester with turbo and luxury add ons will have 250hp and weigh over 3300 pounds. it will not be that fast. and i can guarrantee xB's will have 0-60 times better than that. have a nice day with your subaru
Old 12-28-2005, 11:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You're delusional.

Forester XT clocks an easy 5.4 second 0-60 bone stock. I don't care WHAT you do to your xB, anyone here with a brain knows damn well it's never going to see that kind of acceleration. You need to put down the crack pipe.

Show me an xB with anything remotely like that acceleration that hasn't been gutted and had a $10,000 engine transplant. You said you could "guarantee" me right?

You are a funny ****.
Old 12-28-2005, 11:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You know what I’d do is pull out the XB motor and drive train and install a Hayabusa engine and transmission in the back. Then you’d have a light mid engine XB with 185 HP and a sequential transmission.
Old 12-29-2005, 03:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

^^^^After seeing the awesome work that you have done to your ride already, I don't doubt that you could pull that off...I know ur kiddin, but that is some funny s**t......Keep up the good work and update us with new photos of the progress...
Old 12-29-2005, 06:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have a good idea for a XB Hearse too
Old 12-29-2005, 10:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

no xB's are that fast now. but time will tell. and i could still never drive an ugly forester. now an outback. or a legacy yeah. even an 00-05 wrx ( if only i could afford 500 per month on insurance ) but forester? more room yeah but wow.

just checked the specs. my guess on the weight is dead on. 3310 for a manual turbo.

230hp
14.3 1/4 mile
5.9 0-60 from car and driver tests.

not bad.. I can and will bet 5.00 that an xB will; get 14.3 1/4 mile or better within the 06 year.

0-60 i dunno still.

If i had that much to spend on my car it'd have a trd supercharged fully massaged 1zz with about 200 whp. and it'd be damned fast. but i dont so my build must be delayed a few years. with my current savings and bills about 1.5 or 2 years.

I know it's not now. I know you think i'm talkin out the browneye. but just wait.

on the hayabusa factor. have you seen teh hayabusa powered mini's?

if you have a turbo busa you can easily get 250whp. and if you were rich and crazy enough you could get two of those at once. yeehaw!. i wouldnt do it tho. not very streetable , easy , practical , and no back seat. oh and not cali carb legal either.

Quick Reply: Pictures of my Two Door Suicided xB Panel Van..