Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Possible to adjust rear camber in xB?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2005, 08:51 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Possible to adjust rear camber in xB?

Guys,

I seriously doubt this is possible but is there a adjustment for the rear camber on a xB? If so please send info...

"You my only hope Obiwan"
Old 06-30-2005, 08:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

According to my brand new factory service manual, it is not adjustable. The front is but only with special bolts that change it very slightly.

Walt
Old 06-30-2005, 09:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if you want negative camber, theres this spacer shims that are angled to give negative camber. try onetongarage.com if they have those.
Old 06-30-2005, 09:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

SEARCH

some places sell shims for the rear stub axle
the shim will bolt in-between the stub and the beam
you can change camber and toe with these shims

http://www.specprod.com/PROD_DIR/PROD_PASSCAR.HTML

if you lower the vehicle you sill need to get the alignment measured first
then order and install the shims
the go back for another alignment

onetonegarage.com sells spacers for the rear wheels (approx. 10mm)
these will not change camber
some people on this site are selling JDM camber shims for the rear but they are pricey and do not correct toe

is the vehicle lowered or are you just trying for the VIP look???????
Old 06-30-2005, 09:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

People that so veraciously advocate "SEACHING" only make the forums seem pointless. This forum was not only made for the gathering of eunthsiasts, it was also created for those who have questions ot have them ANSWERED with an intelligent response. Simply saying search ruins any purpose these forums have. I do, however, take into consideration that you also explained ALONG with saying "SEACH," unlike many people who just say search. [end rant]
Old 06-30-2005, 09:15 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by pharynx
People that so veraciously advocate "SEACHING" only make the forums seem pointless. This forum was not only made for the gathering of eunthsiasts, it was also created for those who have questions ot have them ANSWERED with an intelligent response. Simply saying search ruins any purpose these forums have. I do, however, take into consideration that you also explained ALONG with saying "SEACH," unlike many people who just say search. [end rant]
Very well said... good man...

Yeah i often ask myself the same thing i try to post as much and help as much too. i figure the forum is here to help people those who know little or a lot. i hate when people have the time and effort to say go "search" or they say you can find it "here" when in fact it would have taken the same amount of characters to just tell you... i guess people will always power trip or be a poor socially. but thanks man...
Old 06-30-2005, 09:20 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TXboxdriver
SEARCH

is the vehicle lowered or are you just trying for the VIP look???????
Thanks for your reply, I know you said search but offered an explanations so thanks you don't fit into the jerk-category

Anyhow well my car is lowered on Tein Basics and the reason I ask is because I like my rides low and well have my coils bottomed out. i am running 205x50x15 on 15x8 (10) in the rear. I am already stretching the tire and have cut out about 1/4" of the inner fender at the rear. I am almost free and clear with no rubbing (with 4 people in the car, 2 people no problem no more work needed). But basically the problem with the bB's is that the rear is not independent so basically there is no camber where in most cars negative camber will take effect when the car is lowered and push the rims into the wheel well... and then to further clear people go jap/d1 style and get the smaller tires and stretch them.

For me I stretched mine for a) the look and b) to clear the fender but i am not clearing enough. as i said i cut the fender and well are looking for other options. i don't want to raise the coils (love dumped cars), and i intended the offset and size to be this way for this particular look as well, in the worse case only cruise with 3 people max. Anyhow here is what i mean...

Old 06-30-2005, 10:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i would actually wait a bit

onetongarage.com may have a better solutiuon soon

contact van@onetonegarage for more info
he has a large (2-3pgs) post somewhere in Corner Carvers
and Van is the Man
Old 06-30-2005, 11:56 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

[quote="artdoesart"]
Originally Posted by TXboxdriver
SEARCH

Anyhow well my car is lowered on Tein Basics and the reason I ask is because I like my rides low and well have my coils bottomed out. i am running 205x50x15 on 15x8 (10) in the rear. I am already stretching the tire and have cut out about 1/4" of the inner fender at the rear. I am almost free and clear with no rubbing (with 4 people in the car, 2 people no problem no more work needed). But basically the problem with the bB's is that the rear is not independent so basically there is no camber where in most cars negative camber will take effect when the car is lowered and push the rims into the wheel well... and then to further clear people go jap/d1 style and get the smaller tires and stretch them.

What about the front? I wanted to lower my xb like 2.5 inches and thought i would need a camber kit to fix the negitive camber(like my old Honda)? I have some spendy tires that i dont want to ruin from excessive negative camber. Do I need to buy a camber kit with my springs or not?
Old 07-01-2005, 12:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

no neg camber from lowering xB . cuscu plates up front or bolts could alter it a bit but you wouldnt need it.

if you want neg camber for the rear pm "mybox" he sells the jdm ones in varying degrees of camber from 2 degrees to 10 degrees. one ton is supposedly on the way of making the camber shims
Old 07-01-2005, 08:25 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by hotbox05
no neg camber from lowering xB . cuscu plates up front or bolts could alter it a bit but you wouldnt need it.

if you want neg camber for the rear pm "mybox" he sells the jdm ones in varying degrees of camber from 2 degrees to 10 degrees. one ton is supposedly on the way of making the camber shims
Thanks i will try getting the jap ones from "mybox"