Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

probably the most RUTHLESS insult i've gotten.

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2006, 03:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

Ive got the high beam thing too a few times. My wife asks, "What did you do to them?" Nothing of course. I think it must be a redneck or ignorant thing to do to cars they dont like.

It seams that some people in this country just look for something to hate. They have so much hate built up inside that they have to unleash it on someone. So when a little xB drives by, let the hate fly.
I see cars that I dont like all the time, but I dont go out of my way to punish the driver for having a difference of taste.
Old 12-25-2006, 03:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by theblue
Originally Posted by levainqueur
Originally Posted by Spiderbox
it seems to me jackasses who drive suburbans, expeditions, and other large suvs like to cut me off. i wonder whatever could they be compensating for.

today an idiot cut me off and nearly clipped my bumper to make a right turn from the left lane in a residential street from a stop light.
this happens to me alot too. does anyone ever get people flashing their highbeams at them from behind?
were you driving really slow or cutting someone off?
that happened to me at a stop light
but people just dont respect the box for some reason
i cruise on the highway sometimes around 80 then for some reason someone in an expedition or similar vehicle will try to race me
Old 12-25-2006, 04:02 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by theblue
Originally Posted by Spiderbox
it seems to me jackasses who drive suburbans, expeditions, and other large suvs like to cut me off. i wonder whatever could they be compensating for.

today an idiot cut me off and nearly clipped my bumper to make a right turn from the left lane in a residential street from a stop light.
this happens to me alot too. does anyone ever get people flashing their highbeams at them from behind?
were you driving really slow or cutting someone off?
no i actually drive 75-80 mph. usually with the flow of traffic. this has happened to my friend in his xB too... i was in the car with him once when it happened.
you know what ever since i got my Hyper Yellow bulbs put into my headlights I get people highbemin' me as they are comin' towards me. i think they think i have my brights on!
Old 12-25-2006, 04:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

I had that with my old car, I had some driving lights installed that were hyperwhite, and people thought I was running my brights. So to disprove them I would flash my brights, you thought it was bright before, what now mfer!
Old 12-25-2006, 04:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

stock suspension xb's with stock or otherwise headlights will get flashed cause it's a taller car and the suspension is stiff the car bounces sending the beams boucing into oncoming drivers eye's.

i love my hid's with antiglare sheild. I have never been flashed with them in and they're fabulous!!!

I do feel a need for yellow/amber fogs/driving lights though. fog/rain/snow suck when you have anything more than 4100kelvin.
Old 12-25-2006, 04:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by hotbox05
stock suspension xb's with stock or otherwise headlights will get flashed cause it's a taller car and the suspension is stiff the car bounces sending the beams boucing into oncoming drivers eye's.
That still doesnt explain getting flashed from behind...
Old 12-25-2006, 04:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

flashed from behind is a request meaning they want to pass you.
Old 12-25-2006, 04:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

On the highway - yes
in regular traffic - no especially when they dont pass you, they just ride your bum
Old 12-25-2006, 04:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

they might want you to get out of that particular lane so as that they can pass you.

or they dislike you. brake check them get a brand new whatever you like on your car.
Old 12-25-2006, 04:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

thats what Im talkn about! Hit me, I dare you
Old 12-25-2006, 04:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yup i agree on the brake check......lol
as long as you are not in serious traffic
Old 12-25-2006, 06:13 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by hotbox05
they might want you to get out of that particular lane so as that they can pass you.

or they dislike you. brake check them get a brand new whatever you like on your car.
lol! thats exactly how i feel! my girlfriend hates the way i drive cause she says people are gonna hit me! all i do is try to explain what you just said! only bad part is that if i make an insrn. claim, theres a deductable! ah!
Old 12-26-2006, 02:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's weird, since driving the xB for the past couple weeks I've been cut off left and right, had people ride my ___ and just yesterday some guy whose lane was ending tried to push me out of my lane rather than slowing down and getting behind me(I even slowed down and gave him the chance to get in front of me).

When I'm driving the SS Camaro people tend to stay away from me for some reason. The xB gets no respect I guess it's a size thing....
Old 12-26-2006, 12:51 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
TOCC

SL Member

When i had my 2 100watt and 2 50 watt spot lights on my xB...they only flashed me once...cause all thoose lights plus my high beams were comin on..hehe...loved it.. When some one tail gated me..i turned on my lights i had mounted on the roof. they backed off. I get alot of glares, its worse when the look at the front plate...its a JDM type plate.... Anymore...its a everyday thing to wait to get hit....ive been rearended once...im waiting for it again
Old 12-26-2006, 01:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

while at the old lady's parents house for x-mas yesterday. her uncle had said something about an element, i was busy helping him replace his airfilter and puting on some head lighs, the old lady said did you hear that. i said no, then she repeted it and i told him hell no that aint no stinking honda its a scion. and he was like i just dont know my cars any more
Old 12-26-2006, 05:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

when stopped at a light and the lights are bright behind me, I just use the po9wer mirrors on the side to shine it backit usually works
Old 12-26-2006, 08:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Christmas day, just trying to make it home.
traffic wuz running around 70+ or so I-5 SB, just entering the Vancouver metro area, saw something flashing behind me. looked and it wuz a Excursion trying to slow down and not hit me. dropped into 4th and nailed the throttle for all she wuz worth.passed car to my right,jumped right all the way to the granny lane.then watched the excursion do a 360

excursion being driven by some rich kids that had been racing a hummer..
when I got to the rest area just south of Portland. had to take a break..3 different cars followed me in. all they wanted wuz to ask "just what kind of car is that" and if I had been hit.
told them no, that I was OK. but I really wanted to "apply" a ball peen hammer to those kids knee-caps in the worst way.

a super-charger with some nitrus. may be my next mod.........
Old 12-26-2006, 08:57 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
TOCC

SL Member

when i drove through Canada on my way to Alaska, i was asked ALOT wha kind of car it was...at intersections by bus drivers to sitting at gas stations....and got alot of those long passer bys looking at the car. While at hotels people would do walk arounds and take pictures....very crazy!!! Nice people in canada!!!
Old 01-02-2007, 11:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Location: 'Burbs Farmington Hills - go to school in Boulder, CO

yeah EVERY carwash place calls it a car... EXECPT THE $2 CAR WASH! I GOTTA PAY AN EXTRA BUCK! when he told me that i was like are you joking? he said no and i didnt tip him....

DIRTBAG! if this was any different from a truck it would have to be on one wheel!

my usual insults consist of "thats stupid looking" (wow, gunious in the making)
and "my truck could run you over!"

lol.... it takes a certain cool awosme person to like this car... i guess they are not cool enough
Old 01-04-2007, 05:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mrfuzzy4
yeah EVERY carwash place calls it a car... EXECPT THE $2 CAR WASH! I GOTTA PAY AN EXTRA BUCK! when he told me that i was like are you joking? he said no and i didnt tip him....

DIRTBAG! if this was any different from a truck it would have to be on one wheel!

my usual insults consist of "thats stupid looking" (wow, genius in the making)
and "my truck could run you over!"

lol.... it takes a certain cool awosme person to like this car... i guess they are not cool enough
I still can't believe you got charged the SUV rate at the carwash. Maybe if they took all the extra water and used it to remove the bugs that were chemically fused to the windshield, that would have been fair. I mean, it's not EVEN a car. It's a minicar. They had to MAKE UP A WHOLE NEW VEHICLE CLASS just for our cars and a handful of others! Hellooo!

The only time I have ever gotten insults from other drivers has been at gas stations in Indiana. And then it's usually from the wannabe suburbanites in new cars - the rednecks are actually very friendly. I think they think it's a space ship.

The first time it happened, some middle-aged weenie in an Explorer looked over my car, said "Scion, huh? That's...cute." and snickered. I had ALLLWAYYYYSS wanted to do this, and the guy gave me like the perfect opening, so I walked up to his pump, looked it over in the same pompous way, and whined back, in my most annoying voice, "SEVENTY-FIVE BUCKS FOR GAS, HUH? THAT'S CUUUTE!" At this point, the Scion, being a Scion, was already full of gas, so I just hopped back in to make my escape. And then I drove off laughing laughing like Dr. Frankenstein.

The second time, it was some drunken dumbass with a bunch of his friends in a big red H3, and it was so late and I was so tired that I didn't even HEAR what he said, but I know they all started laughing and the tone did not sound friendly. I absolutely COULD NOT think of a decent retort at that hour, and since I was putting the pump back at this point, I said what the hell... I stuck my hand out with my thumb and forefinger about an inch apart, and yelled "THIIIISSSS BIIGGGGG!" and then pointed at the guy's crotch. Then I got the hell back in my car.

Well, it took them a few seconds of total bewilderment, but as I was turning onto 30 I saw them suddenly go from Confused Morons to Enraged Morons, so I think they figured it out. I would be able to tell you more, but I was too busy seeing what my car's maximum speed was. =p

Anyway. The end.