Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Pulled over for UB lights in parking lot?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 04:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

LOL i can go over 60 LOL!!!!
Old 08-07-2008, 04:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey spnq-bxb do you have a pic of ur orange underbodys? i have a multi color kit but have never seen orange. thats gotta look tight!!!
Old 08-07-2008, 05:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TheCCBox
LOL!!! I dont know any square police cars. Was your friend parked and car off? Also did this happen in FL because i got pulled over in my old monte carlo before my dad sold it with all my 12 storbes on and the cops in FL didnt even do anything to me they polled me over and said nice and turn them off for now LOL!!! That is bull poop they cant do that because on the package that the lights and strobes and other crap comes in say for show use only he was just showing his car. They have to give him his car back there must of been something else because that is bullpoop they did that.
He was bowling, he forgot he had them on, just showed somebody.. got called over the PA system to come to his car, that was already on a flat bed.
Old 08-07-2008, 05:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i only get hassled for running with my underbodies when i'm driving through little redneck towns where officer fife has never seen a "skee-on" in the flesh, when i'm in bigger towns where the median IQ is above 90 - no one cares.
Old 08-07-2008, 05:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

each state has different laws about under body lights, just because they are 100% legal in some states doesn't make them legal in others. I know in some states they are legal while driving provided you dont use specific colors like red blue and even purple depending on the state, in other states they are only legal for off road use only (parking lots).
when in doubt go to your local DMV and get a copy of your states Vehicle Code for $3. That lists all current laws pertaining to motor vehicles - moving violations, parking violations, laws reguarding hight requirements, state laws on tint specs, tail lights cleared or blacked out, etc... all the goodies that they like to get us for..
it pays to be in the know...
i have one i roll with all the time. when i used to have my chevy 1500, i would get rolled all the time for various things, adjustable suspention, modified exaust, modified engine, tint, etc.. each time they would roll me, i would pull out my copy of the vehicle code, and reference the code they were trying to cite me on, and when they saw i had a copy of the "rule book" they would get ____ed and let me go..
like i said, it pays to know your rights and what the laws are. especially since most of us mod our boxes like crazy. it's good to know what the laws are reguarding the mods you have or want to do.
Old 08-07-2008, 05:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^ I get "Sky-on" by Fife.. lol
Old 08-07-2008, 05:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by IH8ONYU
each state has different laws about under body lights, just because they are 100% legal in some states doesn't make them legal in others. I know in some states they are legal while driving provided you dont use specific colors like red blue and even purple depending on the state, in other states they are only legal for off road use only (parking lots).
when in doubt go to your local DMV and get a copy of your states Vehicle Code for $3. That lists all current laws pertaining to motor vehicles - moving violations, parking violations, laws reguarding hight requirements, state laws on tint specs, tail lights cleared or blacked out, etc... all the goodies that they like to get us for..
it pays to be in the know...
i have one i roll with all the time. when i used to have my chevy 1500, i would get rolled all the time for various things, adjustable suspention, modified exaust, modified engine, tint, etc.. each time they would roll me, i would pull out my copy of the vehicle code, and reference the code they were trying to cite me on, and when they saw i had a copy of the "rule book" they would get ____ed and let me go..
like i said, it pays to know your rights and what the laws are. especially since most of us mod our boxes like crazy. it's good to know what the laws are reguarding the mods you have or want to do.
WERD!
Old 08-07-2008, 06:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

I am going to have to check that out my self that would be handy LOL!!! But that is bull ____ that his car was on a flatbed when he went out there was he parked regular like in one spot or no? But still i never heard anyhting like that LOL!!!
Old 08-07-2008, 08:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i dont think ive ever seen so much LOL before.
Old 08-07-2008, 08:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nor talk about underglow since f&f1
Old 08-07-2008, 10:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TheCCBox
I am going to have to check that out my self that would be handy LOL!!! But that is bull poop that his car was on a flatbed when he went out there was he parked regular like in one spot or no? But still i never heard anyhting like that LOL!!!
They wanted to arrest him, he was in the car, cuffed for like an hour.. it was 2 cops.. his car was facing the road, in the lot.. ignition off... behind a gaurd rail..
Old 08-08-2008, 04:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by himynameischris
nor talk about underglow since f&f1
LOLOLOL!!!!!!!
Old 08-08-2008, 03:55 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Pulled over for UB lights in parking lot?!?!

Originally Posted by Glowbox
So heres the story......im sitting in taco bell with my gf and have my green ub lights on in the parking lot. i notice later an undercover cop drive by look at the lights and park. Then as i leave for home ( i turned the lights off right when i got in) he floors it and follows me for 3 blocks THEN pulls me over and is a real jerk and says "so you think you can just have ur multi colored lights on whenever you want huh?!?!?!?" im like i thought i could when its parked? he goes to his car and acts busy and says ill let you off with a warning and drives off and wont let me ask him questions? SO to the point is it illegal to have them on parked?! and has this happened to anyone else?

I got pulled over the night i put in my bbist projectors and JDM yellow bulbs, i passed a cop and he flipped a b1tch behind me and hit his lights. Ok i'm thinking maybe a window tint issue. He gets to my window and says "I stopped you because you were driving with only your parking lights on." I say "no, those are my headlights." he comes back with "they're on now, you turned them on when you saw me." I say "No they have been on the entire time." He walks to the front of my car and i turn them on and off and then say "they were on the entire time so i dont understand why you stopped me and are coming at me with this attitude." his reply was priceless, "well sir those lights are illegal, they can only be white or high intensity blue, i'll let you off with a warning this time but if i see you again you're getting a ticket."

nothing better than the look on a cops face when he is trying to come up with a bogus answer because he doesn't know what he's talking about. He'd rather pull something out of his @$$ than admit he was wrong .
Old 08-08-2008, 05:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

ya cops are ___s sometimes they just dont have anything to do abd have to pull people over for the heck of it to get a laugh LOL!!!!
Old 08-12-2008, 12:38 AM

dang sucks for you guys here in florida as long as you dont run red or blue or are strobing while your driving your good
Old 08-12-2008, 03:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

In Corpus Christi TX we can run anyt color as long as they are not pulsing or they cant see the tubes LOL!!!!
Old 08-13-2008, 06:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Utah Scions
SL Member

the laws are so weird, it's hard to draw the line. Utah law says you can't have anything CAPABLE of displaying a red or blue to the front. so if you seen them in a parking lot, then they are off on the road, you know they are capable...... weird.
Old 11-03-2008, 04:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah here in fl anything like that will grab attention and get you pulled over...
Old 11-10-2008, 01:16 AM
5 Year Member
Scion Evolution

Yeah another nod to Texas cops. I ran a red ub kit one one car for a year everywhere. Got pulled over once and all the cop wanted was to see it close up. Said it looked cool and he wanted them on his police car =/

Recently I ran all blue ub lights on my xB. On all the time with blue lights inside as well. Cops here could care less.
Old 11-10-2008, 01:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Skuff_Box
What state are you in? In Maryland a parking lot is private property unless the police department are agents of the property (signs have to be posted). So you can have off road things on your vehicle on private property. As long as you don't go on a public roadway, or street then your okay. A stop like that would be a violation of your rights here in MD.
sorry, but that is incorrect, in maryland, police are allowed to ticket you on private property that is by the general public, and thus you must obey all posted traffic signs like stop signs, yield signs, speed limits etc. so they can still ticket you just like your on the road. that is why events like autocross have to be sanctioned and you need permission from the proprietor of the parking lot to use it. otherwise i would go to a parking lot at a mega church or something late at night and have my own private autocross sesssion. so by extention, they can ticket you for having your UB lights on and disobeying traffic laws, parking in a fire lane or inftont of a hydrant or handicapped spot etc.