Balliztik
SL Member

yes! we want jump shots! :D
Old 10-23-2005, 04:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

that'd be the funnyest thing in the world. 15 toasters slagging around a huge pile of rocks! lol....an all xB rally circuit! wow, thats sounds like somthing you'd see on espn2 @ like 2 am....
Old 10-23-2005, 05:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I thought about doing this but decided autocross was more suited for me. I might eventually, when i get tired of autocross.

Thats the cool thing about rally, you don't need much power to win. You just need to have the right gearing, and lots of experience. Having 600whp is pointless in dirt and gravel.

Do you do this for fun or comp.? Whered you go to do it?

Cya
Old 10-23-2005, 05:17 PM
5 Year Member

too bad you can't get the AWD type there!
Old 10-23-2005, 05:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by corprin
too bad you can't get the AWD type there!
If you have enough money, import the AWD bB.

Cya
Old 10-25-2005, 02:57 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
TOCC

SL Member

jethro_b, Actually, the xB is holding up great to the abuse, I do a PM on the car every oil change, and hardly and wear.

dittoprinter, thanks for the admiration, do as scions moto " What Moves You "

killerxromances, I do it for fun on the back roads, I dont know where i could do it for competition, cant really afford it. Good idea though.

corprin, you just wait, i got 2 4X4 blazers, 1 rebuilt V6, and a xB, the future, hehe, itll look almost stock cept a small boddy lift, i know how to fit it, secret. I might buy the AWD option kit and ship it here.

jallamas, bB626, And for ya'll, You want jump shots!!!!!
Ill get you jump shots, the xB airborn, give me a week or so to prepare, and youll have a airborn xB!!!!
Old 10-25-2005, 03:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rallying_the_scion
jethro_b, Actually, the xB is holding up great to the abuse, I do a PM on the car every oil change, and hardly and wear.

dittoprinter, thanks for the admiration, do as scions moto " What Moves You "

killerxromances, I do it for fun on the back roads, I dont know where i could do it for competition, cant really afford it. Good idea though.

corprin, you just wait, i got 2 4X4 blazers, 1 rebuilt V6, and a xB, the future, hehe, itll look almost stock cept a small boddy lift, i know how to fit it, secret. I might buy the AWD option kit and ship it here.

jallamas, bB626, And for ya'll, You want jump shots!!!!!
Ill get you jump shots, the xB airborn, give me a week or so to prepare, and youll have a airborn xB!!!!
I'm pretty sure we don't have anything in the states for rally competition. If we did that would definitely be killer. But unlike a lot of countries, it seems most americans don't use their mods/stock cars like they are made for. I.E: Buying a 12psi turbo for a rsx-s and never driving it on any track, just for looks. A.I.E: hummers. Off road? I rarely ever see a hummer with dirt. Its great people take care of their cars, but if a car is made for something, i think you should drive it that way. (In safe conditions obviously.)

Cya
Old 10-25-2005, 03:07 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
TOCC

SL Member

o yes, heres a few pics with the side skirts and lower rear bumper removed.
Old 10-25-2005, 03:16 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
TOCC

SL Member

killerxromances, your right. I drive this car on the back gravel roads, no one is back there. Saftey first as you said. The camera guy, is out of the way as well. And the PMs at every oil change, saftey to make sure all is intact. However, as you stated, ill go with the saftey, now driving the car for what they are made to be for, well rally, it looks like it is, but i wouldnt call it a rally car by far, but hell, im gonna have fun with it!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-25-2005, 03:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I'm impressed!
Old 10-25-2005, 05:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

killerxromances, your right. I drive this car on the back gravel roads, no one is back there. Saftey first as you said. The camera guy, is out of the way as well. And the PMs at every oil change, saftey to make sure all is intact. However, as you stated, ill go with the saftey, now driving the car for what they are made to be for, well rally, it looks like it is, but i wouldnt call it a rally car by far, but hell, im gonna have fun with it!!!!!!!!!
I saw something about bB's being in some rally circuit. The AWD models. Its not too hard to believe. It wasn't a professional level, but like amature level. Pretty interesting. The xb with some mods can definitely be a rally machine.

Your lights is a start. If you wanted to go all out. header, take off the exhaust for when you do it, buy a roll cage and 4 point harness, short shifter (if 5sp), shift kit (if auto), and then a few other ins and odds and you'll be ready to go.

Thats just my view of doing it. Theres tons of ways. But roll cage, harness would definitely be a must if you were really wanting to do it a lot..

Cya
Old 10-25-2005, 05:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hats off to ya Rally! That first pic is awesome.........DRIFTING!
Old 10-25-2005, 06:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS

damn, thats sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-25-2005, 11:53 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
TOCC

SL Member

[quote="killerxromances"]
I saw something about bB's being in some rally circuit. The AWD models. Its not too hard to believe. It wasn't a professional level, but like amature level. Pretty interesting. The xb with some mods can definitely be a rally machine.

Your lights is a start. If you wanted to go all out. header, take off the exhaust for when you do it, buy a roll cage and 4 point harness, short shifter (if 5sp), shift kit (if auto), and then a few other ins and odds and you'll be ready to go.

Thats just my view of doing it. Theres tons of ways. But roll cage, harness would definitely be a must if you were really wanting to do it a lot..

Cya
Well, the exhaust has had some work done on it allready, not much, no muffler. Ive seen pics of a roll cage in a xB, and the idea is forming, just need to get the welder back and buy the tubing. The 4 point harness, dang your thinkin like me, Ive looked at seat, decisions, but need the money. I have a automatic, and havent thought about a shift kit, time to go look. I like your way of thinking.

And for the rest of ya'll, thanks for the comments
Old 10-26-2005, 12:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^ ^

Good call. Rally is really good for top end, if you ever wanted to go forced induction turbo would be the best way to go. But of course, you don't have to go that route. Just another suggestion to through at you!

Its good to see your on the right page when it comes to this stuff. A lot of people think you can just go out and do it. Coilovers would be great as well, not dropping it too low but stiff spring rates i would imagine would help a lot regardless of traction in turns. I'm assuming your lights are functional? If not, better wire them up!! heh.

I saw your exhaust tip, at first i was like "oh man, that is one sad looking exhaust" But then i saw you were actually doing this so it makes up for it. No need to be fancy because the rocks kicked up definitely has the exhaust taken a beaten. Running no axle back at all would be cool as long as you don't go f/i. Its been proven you lose a lot of low end but gain a good amount on high end back..HP numbers, no TQ numbers. So now thinking about it further, keep the exhaust.

I also have an auto!! People that say autos can't have fun are so wrong. (no offense to those who think that way) I can definitely have fun manually shifting on autocross. Infact, i beat a lot of manual times in my class. Sometimes beyond my class because they can't handle the turns. Either unexperienced, or trying to push it too hard and lose traction.

Cya
Old 10-26-2005, 02:00 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
TOCC

SL Member

Turbo is the best ya to go when looking at forced induction,no h/p lose to belt driven superchargers, not for me.

Ive been looking around at a tein suspension system, havent looked heavly into it yet, hope they make a suspension system for the xB. I was looking a stiffer suspension, with a small lift to the car rather than drop, not sure yet, a small drop will increase the handling.

The light, all wired up, the farthest passange light is busted, rock hit it. got to replace it. $5 for the entire light assemb. aint bad. I even have 2 lights on the top of the xB in the rear, they work great, wired them in today.

I originally just took the muffler off, but the heat melted the carpet and the foam box in the back, now a fire extigusher is under the drivers seat. My dad and I made the new exhauxt from exhaust flex pipe, and a few pieces of straight exhaust pipe, making the flange to mate to the original end on the exhaust was fun. a few hangers. Sounds great, and turns alot of heads. As you said, no need to be pretty, cause you hear the rocks hitting it on the gravel roads all the time.

So you shift through the gears manually to on your auto, I do the same. I dont race alot though, most cars in my area are far faster, but the xB passes them in the turns. Ive gone up on a V8 jeep, he stomped me, but on 2 90 degree turns, i took at 40 mph, i stomped him there, and took the finish lead to the stop light. I have lots of fun with a auto, but it would suck to have a standard, i drive to and from houston every day, and it would get old after a bit. Ill post a pic of the exhaust after a bit.
Old 10-26-2005, 02:10 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
TOCC

SL Member

home made exhaust, few leaks, but working on sealing them. Another thing i recently did was remove the rear seat. That seat is heavier than i thought.

for what ever reason it wont post the pic, it messes up the img, i guess. heres the link.

http://my.prostreetonline.com/album/...&p=exhaust.jpg
Old 10-26-2005, 02:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Turbo is the best ya to go when looking at forced induction,no h/p lose to belt driven superchargers, not for me.

Ive been looking around at a tein suspension system, havent looked heavly into it yet, hope they make a suspension system for the xB. I was looking a stiffer suspension, with a small lift to the car rather than drop, not sure yet, a small drop will increase the handling.

The light, all wired up, the farthest passange light is busted, rock hit it. got to replace it. $5 for the entire light assemb. aint bad. I even have 2 lights on the top of the xB in the rear, they work great, wired them in today.

I originally just took the muffler off, but the heat melted the carpet and the foam box in the back, now a fire extigusher is under the drivers seat. My dad and I made the new exhauxt from exhaust flex pipe, and a few pieces of straight exhaust pipe, making the flange to mate to the original end on the exhaust was fun. a few hangers. Sounds great, and turns alot of heads. As you said, no need to be pretty, cause you hear the rocks hitting it on the gravel roads all the time.

So you shift through the gears manually to on your auto, I do the same. I dont race alot though, most cars in my area are far faster, but the xB passes them in the turns. Ive gone up on a V8 jeep, he stomped me, but on 2 90 degree turns, i took at 40 mph, i stomped him there, and took the finish lead to the stop light. I have lots of fun with a auto, but it would suck to have a standard, i drive to and from houston every day, and it would get old after a bit. Ill post a pic of the exhaust after a bit.
I only manually shift on tracks or just occasional weekend fun. Normally i just leave in drive and take it easy. I wouldn't raise the xb if i were you, although i can see why you would because of all the rocks hurting the paint. The best thing to do is drop about an inch. It will be enough to keep you steady yet not enough to cause damange when on dirt roads. If you went lower, nish designs i believe still has skid plates to protect lowered cars from curbs..plus they look cool. front, rear side and rear bumper ones. Check into it, you might be interested in buying them or recreating something along the lines of that if you are really good with those types of things.

But raising the xb you will definitely lose the tight cornering. And it will handle pretty bad on the rally tracks. IMO

Cya
Old 10-26-2005, 02:26 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
TOCC

SL Member

I think ill go with lowering it a inch, you seem to know what your talkin about. Ive allready looked into making a skid plate for the from out of a somthing like expanded metal, only better looking. I think i can tackle it, since i built the exhaust and the brushguard, and tail light guards. We'll see over time.

Old 10-26-2005, 02:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what link?

EDIT: Nevermind. If you are interested, i suppose i can take this advantage and show my box to you!

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...398&highlight=

Also, let me know if you need any help with the suspension choices or anything with it. I'd like to see some scion rallys!!!

We should have a giant meet for scion owners close to the desert. Track for half the day, then rally for the other half.. I'm too low to the ground to do it, but id definitely like to pair up with some people and vid it.

Cya

Quick Reply: Rally xB, not so Rally anymore