Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Rear seat removal

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2004, 06:23 PM
5 Year Member

Default Rear seat removal

Been lurking around all the Scion sites since I test drove an xB last Saturday. We are really considering getting one, and making it our only car. We had a question about the rear seats though. Does the portion you sit on, fold forward or come out somehow, so when you fold down the seatback, the floor is more flat? If so any pics would be appreciated.
Old 02-02-2004, 07:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

it's bolted down... You have to unbolt it, I think. Do a search. I asked the question a few months ago and got an answer with pictures... But yes, you can take them out.
Old 02-02-2004, 07:18 PM
Banned
SL Member

This is a topic that some reporters have screwed up early last year. In doing extensive research last year ( before i was directed here by a Scion Employee ) there are a couple of articles stating that the rear seats are removable, but they are not, at least not like you would think like a minivan. If you are ambitious, you can unbolt the rear seats and pull them out. They do fold flat to the floor, providing i believe 50 cubic ft. of storage space in the rear. This is one of the reasons that i am purchasing a xB for my business, that and cost.
Old 02-02-2004, 10:24 PM
5 Year Member

Default thanks

I had apparently read some of those articles that state you can remove the backseats.
Old 02-03-2004, 01:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

exactly what CBSIMONSEZ said.....

i'm gonna do a search in a min, so that i can take them out. i want to dynamat the back deck soon, and it looks like i need to remove the seats to remove the side panels.

anyhow, the rear seats fold forward, completely flat against the seat. it will be level and flat with the rear deck. you can also tilt the two front seats backward, completely flat, giving you an entire car to fill with junk. of course the driver seat should probably be kept upright, since well... you need to sit in it to drive.
Old 02-03-2004, 03:02 AM
5 Year Member

Yeah both seats fold down to level with the trunk. I've never tried to pull out the back seats so I couldn't tell you if they could come out. What I could tell you is that I was able to fit all four tires with the back seats down and drive 2 1/2 hours home from the dealership.
Old 03-02-2004, 07:36 AM
5 Year Member

Default Removing panels on scion xb

Hi everybody, I am new to this forum nice to meet you all.

I have to put dynamat all over inside the panels of my xb, but I would really like to know if there is someone that has done this before, some pictures or instructions of any kind for panel removal would be greatly appreciated.I will like to focus on the trunk center panel, side panels, rear seat(how to remove it), door panels.
Thank you for sharing your experience with me.