First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

regret i brought a xb...

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2005, 06:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default regret i brought a xb...

for those of you who bought the xb and realize it was a bad buy why was it a bad buy and what other car you think would of been a better buy?
Old 02-12-2005, 06:57 PM
5 Year Member

Default So whats Your Regret?

Ok you cant just post this with out some info . What are your regrets?
Old 02-12-2005, 07:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the reason why i post this is because there is alot of negative issues about the xb,mine is that the gas mileage sucks for me,don't get me wrong i'm not saying that it's not a good buy or car just want to know if all the negative issues that was posted was there any regrets buying this car thats all..
Old 02-12-2005, 07:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Only negative things i've seen are (for some odd reason) bad mileage , and lack of power.
Old 02-12-2005, 07:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have no problem with the mileage. I get 27 to 29 driving to have fun and I have a couple of employees driving them, one gets 32 and the other is consistently averaging 34. I added AEM intakes to all three. The one getting 32 is an automatic, the other two are five speeds. As for power, I don't plan on taking it to the strip but I take most people off the line without any problems and if you rev the hell out of them they move pretty good.

I have two negatives. The first is the torque steer and the second is you can't hit a big puddle fast without popping out the rear bumper clips.
Old 02-12-2005, 07:49 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Waaaa Waaaa Waaaa. Somebody didn't do their homework
5 Year Member
OhioScions
CinSity Scions
Scion Corps
SL Member
Scion Evolution

nevermind

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

No regrets.

xB is best value I've had in a new car.

I knew the power situation when I bought it.

If power is important to you, don't by any Scions.
Old 02-12-2005, 07:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Regrets? I regret not being able to pay cash for it, and that I can not do mods quicker, and too many people buying it and it gets less unque with each purchase. More power would be nice, but should not expect power with any sort of test drive, and knowing it was a 1.5 (Echo engine). The gas mileage would be disappointing, but perhaps it is the way you drive. Try driving the way you figure an old geezer would for a tankfull, and I would immagine your mileage would increase. Also, odometer has been noted that it is "off" between 4 and 5%, so multiply your mileage by that and it does help. I take it very easy most of the time, because wife freaks with speed, so lowest I have gotten is 28 (without the multiplier), and have gotten 36 going a calm 55-60 down 101 from San Francisco. I am very happy with mine, but if I drove like I do and still got only 20-20, I would be disappointed also. Enough said, I think!
Old 02-12-2005, 08:00 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

my only regret is that i did not buy it sooner
Old 02-12-2005, 08:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i don't care about power or going fast had too many speeding tickets in the last 3 yrs and don't plan to get anymore in the future i hope.....maybe in the future the xb might be a better car to please more buyers.....
Old 02-12-2005, 08:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

squarepants,

According to your profile, you have 18"s. They kill your gas mileage. Replace them with light weight 15" wheels, get some groundwire, use synthetic oil and your gas mileage will go up.
Old 02-12-2005, 08:08 PM
Founder
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by Benthead
Waaaa Waaaa Waaaa. Somebody didn't do their homework
That is not helpful, if you want to participate on this website please make sure that your posts are positive.
Old 02-12-2005, 08:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by -dskize1-
my only regret is that i did not buy it sooner
Old 02-12-2005, 08:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

if I had to guess, I would think the lack of power and bad mileage are related in that:

to get more power, you press harder on the gas, causing the gas mileage to drop.

Oddly, if you were looking for a powerful vehicle, I'm not sure why you would even consider an xA/xB. I mean, it IS a 1.5L econobox engine rated (highly?) at 115hp, putting down (from the K&N dyno) 92hp to the wheels. What exactly would one expect?... killing an Enzo in a 1/4 mile probably isn't high on the list of design cues for the Scion corp designers.
Old 02-12-2005, 08:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

my only regret is not being able to switch colors to suit my mood...
Sometimes I'll see a TCP and be like hmmm so easy to keep clean
sometimes the BCP catches my eye and I go hmm.. I haven't seen another one
sometimes even camo looks hot... (and could look good dirty)...
Then there are those times when you just want a PW cuz you know you can so some cool things with white...
Then there's the times when I look at pics of the RS1 and my biggest regret is NOT BEING ABLE TO GET ONE!!!!

realistically though... paint... most definately the paint needs work... I just wish before I knew I started driving it.... so I would've tries to 3m the whole thing... or got a better clearcoat. now I'm considering if I should just touch-up all of them... or just get it repainted.
BOP is still one of my favorite colors... it seems to be lightening though... wasn't as dark as when I first bought it...
Old 02-12-2005, 08:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The only regret I have is buying the over priced scion alarm. other than that I love my box when I first saw the launch commercial I knew I had to have one. They launched here in Vegas in June of 2004 and by the 24th I was in my 2005 bcp box. Man I love this thing
Old 02-12-2005, 08:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I did not mean my negatives as regrets, just that if I had to find negatives those were my only two. I love my box and my employees love theirs. I don't understand the mileage problem, 28 to 34 is great. My employees are using these as installation and sales vehicles and they are thrilled with the mileage. I like mine so much I am down for a 2.0.

As far as the mileage multiplier goes you are going the wrong way. I have had the GPS in all three of my XBs and every one is off but the speedometer says you are going faster than you really are so the gas mileage is worse than it appears. At 80 on the speedo the actual speed is between 77.5 and about 79 depending on which unit I am testing.

One of my employees was at a customer's house last week. The customer asked if he could move the car and my employee said "the keys are in it". Ten minutes later he is wondering where the customer went. The guy comes back and said he was driving around the neighborhood. He could not believe the way it drove and now he is buying one as a wedding gift for his daughter.
Old 02-12-2005, 08:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you know what i was getting good gas mileage even with the 18" wheels until i had to take my car back to the dealer to replace the tranny,maybe after replacing the tranny my alignment setting has change think i'll get my alignment check again...
Old 02-12-2005, 09:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I also, as many people here know, am upset by the lousy mileage. I do regret buying one only in that I regret buying two. And that's not due to the car, but instead other situations (out of cash, could live with less car payments much better).

I do wish I'd have kept my contour for the winter. My post wasn't helpful either... I just like to hear me type.

Quick Reply: regret i brought a xb...