Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Scion xB - Colgan Custom Bra

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2004, 03:57 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Scion xB - Colgan Custom Bra

...been getting many a PM up here in NOR*CAL about the bra. so please check out:

http://www.colgancustom.com/

dial ext. 22 and ask for Maritza. the cost is right at $103 INCLUDING shipping!!! i next day'd mine and that was $135, or just under $140. sorry i'm not being exact...i just forgot

very easy to install and no extra hardware or clips. everything is already attached to the bra...simply just clip it on to the front of your car...two piece. ive had mine on now about 2 months and not one problem.

for pics...please go through rodney_ray's photo album as there are some really great pics. its of our NOR*CAL BBQ, so you'll have to go through the album...sorry.
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4286977317
if you see this rodney, and can post directly to the thread...please, please, please!

not going to try and do the group buy thing as #1-i dont want to deal with it, and #2-i think the price is already very reasonable. but if anyone wants to try...have at it!

<thx to tim aka daboxinsl for finding the info in the first place>

imo-i think this is a must for every owner no matter where you get it from. the front of our boxes our like magnets to bugs, rocks, more bugs...and even more rocks... right there with the floor mats...get a freakin bra...you wont regret it. my only regret is that i didnt get it sooner...cause my front end is jacked
Old 05-12-2004, 04:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

just an observation...

Munch bought a bra from the same company
but his is much tighter fit
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?i...4105228&idx=42

Munch's
http://www.imagestation.com/mypictur...9&from_album=1
Old 05-12-2004, 04:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

<---[putting on Asbestos jumpsuit]

Has anyone seen the Colgan bra in th Carbon Fiber looking material? I can't get a good sense of it from their little image. How does it look in real life? I'm not expecting it to pass for real CF, but I think it would complement my other CF trim.
Old 05-12-2004, 06:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

I like the T Style one.
Probably looks like a tighter fit because he spent more time installing it.
Just what I need for the long road trips.
Old 05-12-2004, 06:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

I got the Carbon fiber look one last week, I like it alot and everyone that has seen it likes it as well. I had to pay CA taxes and it was around $140 + or - They also have mirror bras I am going to see if they have them with the cutouts for the JDM lighted mirrors I have installed and/or if they can make me some.

I am trying to get an account setup through Cabe Performance and might be able to get a group thing going. I am not sure if they have the CF in stock, They had to make one for me so I would have it in time for the Vegas show on Sunday ...

dmoulton@cabeperformance.com
Old 05-12-2004, 07:50 PM

Na'im I might be gttin mine soon. Here's the pic of yours. :D

Looking good man!!! :D

Old 05-12-2004, 08:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Why do I see this when I see that bra:

[/list]
Old 05-12-2004, 08:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Thanks for the CF info. Think I'll have to give her a call.

As far as fitment goes, it just looks like Na'im's isn't clipped at the lower grill area. I think I like that style better than the thong look...

Someone had posted up a LeBra installed but it didn't look like it fit as well, but could've just been the install or the pics...
Old 05-12-2004, 08:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by rbloedow
Why do I see this when I see that bra:

Silence of the LambBs - HannibBal Lector...
Old 05-12-2004, 08:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That bra is nasty. FUGLY! Sorry guys but I would rather have rock chips then have that bra on the front of my ride. And after you have any type of bra on your car for a long period of time when you remove it their is some discoloration underneath it.
Old 05-12-2004, 08:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Discoloration or rock chips? Hmmm... Discoloration won't rust. Either way it sounds like it'll need a repaint at some point...

BTW, he posted this up for those that are INTERESTED, I don't think we're voting on whether we ALL get one or not...
Old 05-12-2004, 09:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've had the colgan bra for 5 months now. Still fits tight as ever. I dont have a single chip in my paint. Yeah, it might discolor the paint over the years but that will just tell me its time to do some custom graphics right? I like driving with piece of mind that the semi up ahead isnt going to jack my paint job. Only thing that sux is taking the damn thing off every time it gets wet, but it goes ona nd off in less than 10 minutes.
Old 05-13-2004, 05:21 AM

You want protection? There it is and I would say that is covered! :D

Old 05-13-2004, 09:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by TheScionicMan

Has anyone seen the Colgan bra in th Carbon Fiber looking material? I can't get a good sense of it from their little image. How does it look in real life? I'm not expecting it to pass for real CF, but I think it would complement my other CF trim.
Not sure if this does it justice but it is the only pic I have with the CF look, up close...

Hope this helps

http://groups.msn.com/GearheadJr/pho...to&PhotoID=110
Old 05-16-2004, 12:38 AM
Banned
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Discoloration or rock chips? Hmmm... Discoloration won't rust. Either way it sounds like it'll need a repaint at some point...
Plastic doesn't rust regardless. All my rock chips have been on the front bumper...I haven't gotten any on the hood, I want protection, but I'm unsure on the look of that...and the 3M clear bra is way too expensive for me. I dunno what to do.

-Z
Old 05-16-2004, 02:01 AM

Originally Posted by Toy xbox

Not sure if this does it justice but it is the only pic I have with the CF look, up close...

Hope this helps

http://groups.msn.com/GearheadJr/pho...to&PhotoID=110
your right the pic does it no justice. oh well.

Old 05-16-2004, 02:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

RUST? I tottaly agree with wyldkard. "PLASTIC CHIPPING"

I seriously hate bras......people hate rock chips because it makes their car look bad...right? So you buy an ugly black bra that covers the entire front of the car! SMART!You can even get touch up paint if it even gets to the point where metal is exposed! The only reason ANYONE should get a bra is if they have a show car, and they compete...then i would understand....you cant have rock chips on a show car. I use my xb like any other normal person does...i scrape...i hit..and i get rocl chips all the time! Stop cryin and use the xb for its purpose...to drive and have fun!

People dont say "Hey what is that..oh is that a scion! WOW! Oh...nevermind...look it has a rock chip!.Your car sucks!"

Heck, the side of my xB has been keyed...and i havent fixed it...doesnt mean im going to get a giant black side bra to cover the entire side of the car
My windshield is cracked too........and its been cracked for months....boo hoo...

EVEN IF YOU ARE SENSATIVE ABOUT ROCK CHIPS...GET A FREAKIN CLER BRA KIT! Comon guys....you cant tell me you dont agree with me on this...It looks HORIBLE.....no butts about it...

Just had to get it all out
Old 05-16-2004, 03:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

I don't think it looks bad and the 3M bras I've seen looked awful. I've yet to see one that made me think it looked good enough to be worth 3X the price, although I haven't seen many...

I guess this is another good sign that all xBs won't end up looking the same. :D
Old 05-16-2004, 04:06 PM

sorry man, I don't have an extra 399.00 for a clear bra. Maybe you can help me with the install of my $100 bra later

Old 05-16-2004, 07:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hmmm, not exactly the fit I would want on my xB. The bra covers the bottom inch of the headlights and angles up at the inside lower corners blocking even more. I realize that an inside corner is hard to form, but blocking the headlights is a no-no!

Also, does this bra have mesh in the upper "grille" region (difficult to tell from the picture)? If so, the manufacturer hasn't figured out that the upper "grille" is strictly decorative and no air passes through it!

Now if it were shaped right and available in white...

George

Quick Reply: Scion xB - Colgan Custom Bra