gmc envoy
19.44%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

scion xb or gmc envoy

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2004, 08:35 PM
5 Year Member

Default scion xb or gmc envoy

Ok i know this is a weird question but if you were offered a new car but it had to be a scion xb or a gmc envoy which would you choose. either car will have nice wheels and new exhaust put on afterwards. also the gmc has a Bose(yeckk) while the scion will have upgraded system installed afterwards. i'm leaning towards the scion but the powers at be are pushing fore a envoy because it's bigger and has more power.
Old 05-26-2004, 08:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa

gmc envoy
Old 05-26-2004, 08:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Envoy in a landslide!
Old 05-26-2004, 09:16 PM
5 Year Member

definitely the envoy!

then sell it and buy an xb

hmm... what to do with the extra $10,000...
Old 05-26-2004, 09:54 PM
5 Year Member

Default Now i see everybody's true colors

Man i was really hoping people woulld tell me to buy the scion. i mean this is the scion forum. getting the envoy and selling it is not an option but that was a good idea. i can't explain it but i really like the vibe of the scion. the envoy is just another suv but the scion is very "different" from whats out there on the road. i'm not a soccer mom just a 28 year old musician/computer dork. i guess what i'm struggling with is if the scion is cool enough to justify turning down a $30,000 car?
Old 05-26-2004, 09:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa

Default Re: Now i see everybody's true colors

Originally Posted by snaysup
Man i was really hoping people wouyld tell me to buy the scion. i mean this is the scion forum. getting the envoy and selling it is not an option but that was a good idea. i can't explain it but i really like the vibe of the scion. the envoy is just another suv but the scion is very "different" from whats out there on the road. i'm not a soccer mom just a 28 year old musician/computer dork. Is the scion cool enough to justify turning down a 30,000 car?
well you stated "for free." which puts things in a completely different perspective. scion is a baller on budget car. its nice and and all, but doesnt compare to any category in the envoy. if your a well settled person, id go with a envoy just because its got more of what you would want in a car. 4x4, power options, massive hp, nice rear window, good looks.

scion has a good amount for the money, but i think id outgrow a scion if i was a well settled person in my field. although id like to have my scion layin around for ____s and kicks.
Old 05-26-2004, 10:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Why is this poll posted twice.....someone lock one of these...no reason to have the same thing twice

Oh and I would take the xB over the Envoy...its to damn soccer mommish...._____ mobile...and crappy gas mileage
Old 05-26-2004, 10:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

it all depends but hey you not 50 years old....

And you want to get attention right?

Scion xB HANDS DOWN
Old 05-26-2004, 10:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

I'll stick with the Box. Do you NEED bigger and more power? Cuz that usually translates into lower MPG and more $$$.

Do you go off-road regularly? Do you need a larger cargo capacity than the xB - on a regular basis?

It is a very odd compare, the Envoy costs twice as much and gets half the fuel economy. That 22 gallon tank is gonna stay thir$ty and you're still not getting any farther between fillups.

So unless you've got specific needs or have lots of extra $$$ to throw around, I don't see the appeal of the Envoy, unless you're going for the Suburbia Soccer Mom look or you could get it, sell it and buy an xB and mod the F&%K out of it with the extra cash...

http://edmunds.com/apps/nvc/edmunds/VehicleComparison;jsessionid=A1WHZQw9iTY76f2h2pZlNSmYwsy8sVRhx3Xvl2FZZaFwpd1OJKzr!1907926476?styleid=100394908&styleid=100273863&maxvehicles=5&refid=&op=3&tab=specs
Old 05-26-2004, 10:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default scion xb or gmc

have some class. a gmc is a sow. boring as heck. xb all the way.
Old 05-26-2004, 10:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default Re: Now i see everybody's true colors

Originally Posted by snaysup
Man i was really hoping people woulld tell me to buy the scion. i mean this is the scion forum. getting the envoy and selling it is not an option but that was a good idea. i can't explain it but i really like the vibe of the scion. the envoy is just another suv but the scion is very "different" from whats out there on the road. i'm not a soccer mom just a 28 year old musician/computer dork. i guess what i'm struggling with is if the scion is cool enough to justify turning down a $30,000 car?
IMO, You answered your own question...

If you can't sell it and you aren't paying for it, does it really matter that its a $30,000 ride? Don't forget, expensive cars are expensive to own and maintain. Check out the True Cost to Own on that Envoy - Especially the Fuel and Maintenance costs. And not quite pertinent to your situation (maybe) but look at the Depreciation, especially that first year. OUCH!

http://edmunds.com/new/2004/gmc/envo....1.Scion*&zip=
Old 05-26-2004, 11:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Envoy's are coo...especially with the new retractable top cargo thingy... but if u can afford the gas and higher cost of maintenance..go with Envoy. It all boils down to what ur lifestyle is.

i've seen very few pimped out Envoys...although it's a great powerful car... there's no real bling factor in an GMC Envoy. It's great for hauling to the mountains and stuff..but where's the fun?

IMO... toyota equals quality and durability with minimum maintenance...not to mention the xB is so much more fun to fix up and ride in. U get unwanted attention too..hehe.

But then again..u're comparing totally 2 different car with drastically differently price vehicles. If money is an issue...get the Envoy..ride it for couple of months ..then sell it and get a full decked out xB. Then u get ownership of both worlds...

good luck~ i wish i had a free choice like u.
Old 05-27-2004, 12:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

The GMC Envoy is a great car. One of the rare great cars that are made in America. But it is Boooorrriiingggg....I voted for it because of the nature of the question. I would buy 2 Scions with the money I would get selling it to someone. Hot Lava for the Wife and a tC for me... :-)

I already have a gray xB in the driveway.
Old 05-27-2004, 12:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the xB-izzle fo'shizzle!
Old 05-27-2004, 03:52 AM
5 Year Member

If you want to be like every other jackass on the road buy the Envoy and pay at the pump for a car that has more power then you will ever need and have every other car owner go "LOOK AT THE JACKASS IN HIS/HER SUV BET THEY FEEL BIG DRIVN THAT" or get the XB and Laugh at all the jackasses in there poor handling gas guzzling view blocking suv's while the car drivers go cool looking box man wish I had one.
Old 05-27-2004, 04:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You guys that said you would pick the scion over the envoy need to keep it real. I would pick the envoy and I love my scion.
Old 05-27-2004, 05:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

80% of the people who ask me about my car are SUV drivers, almost all of them say that it's like, so cool.

Screw an envoy, get a scion and have tons of fun with it.
Old 05-27-2004, 06:33 AM
MJ
5 Year Member

Its not a matter of what we would choice, what would you choose is the question? You say you like the vibe/look of the Scion but you still question the Envoy.

As many have mentioned it depends on your wants in a vehicle:

1) Do you want a large, more powerful engine? If so, can you deal with the gas prices? 275 hp vs 108hp?

2) Do you want the larger interior and more luxury features? If so, can you handle the extra cash it cost for the Envoy (They start at $29k on the website, you could buy 2 Xb's for that price)?

3) Are you paying for this? If it's a gift, personally I would go with the more expensive as it's free and will be worth more to you in resale if you ever change your mind.

4) Do you have the want for looks or status symbol?

Those are just some of the things to think about.........ultimately it's your choice so base your choice off your interest, not ours. Best of luck to you on your decision.
Old 05-27-2004, 09:10 AM
5 Year Member

If it was for free,,, definitley the Envoy!
Old 05-27-2004, 12:01 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

the xb has more legroom, more headroom is easier to get into and is EASY AS HELL to park....the envoy is a pain in the but, esp if there's a lowered car or something behind you.....i don't think they come with a camera option. i honestly would choose the xb b/c of the gas milage, insurance is like half or less that of an envoy, it looks cooler in a garage and unless ur gonna be towing something....what do u need an envoy for? vote scion!

Jeff

Quick Reply: scion xb or gmc envoy