Scion XB on New Pimp My Ride

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2004, 02:03 AM
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy
N.G.S.O.

Default pimp

You guys gotta remember to each his own. The body kit was :oops: but the rest of the Xb was good looking.
Old 06-14-2004, 02:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Poor xB....
Old 06-14-2004, 02:06 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I was most interested in this "Drivesoft" in-car computer thing. I googled it and couldn't come up with anything... is it just software, or the actual system (I'm interested because I hate flip-up LCDs, and this was totally in-dash).

It looked like they had a giant monitor in the DoubleDin where the original stereo goes, although it looked larger than that space can accomodate. On top of that (literally, above it "in" the dash), was a normal single-din head unit. I don't even own my xB yet, but where is the room for this? It still looked stock, in terms of both where the air conditioning vents on the side were as well as the controls located below.
Old 06-14-2004, 02:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

the interior was cool as hell..............but the exterior???? that spoiler was fugly...and I don't know about the flames or the front end....
Old 06-14-2004, 04:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

WTF My mtv just went out, and only my mtv....

Comcast tole me it could be out for 24 to 48 hours, I never watch tv and when i finally do it goes out on me, B f'n S.....
Old 06-14-2004, 04:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

cool, now p.m.r is bein sponcered by scion and there is alot more scion commercials on mtv. :D
Old 06-14-2004, 04:47 AM
obz
5 Year Member
SL Member

Man, why'd west coast have to make the outside so ugly? Our cars are better looking than that STOCK! Lose the kit, keep the rims and springs, and DEFINATELY lose that spoiler. I'd take the inside though.
Old 06-14-2004, 04:50 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow, they can even make a scion look like ____...that takes some talent to F up a car that bad. I would be MUCH happier with a bone-stock Scion than that thing
Old 06-14-2004, 05:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

The scion didn't look that bad just the spoiler was weird. the wheels looked sick! Oh well one lucky ___ kid.
Old 06-14-2004, 05:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Wow... you guys are crazy. Lets get to the obvious here:

Dude has a piece of crap to haul around his younger sister in, now he has an xB!

So they threw some flames on it, they are alright. I don't like the wing or front spoiler, but there are a bunch of mods out there in our community that I also don't like.

The wheels are great! Custom chrome Eibachs! Four 7" monitors in customized headrests! New exhaust! Custom interior seats & dash. All phat!

Which of the negative posters has any of that in their own ride?

You aren't going to like everything that someone does, but at least they did the kid right! He went from 2 cars to 1. I mean honestly... this car is for show reasons and not much else. He's not going to autocross to the supermarket. He's not going to hit the track trying to bust out 12's.

Don't hate, because we can take your rides to the photo section and tell you what we think. Done...
Old 06-14-2004, 05:19 AM
Banned
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

I caught the last 5 minutes of the show. The stance, computer, and ragtop was KEWL! But that wing, graphics, and front bumper has got to go! Just my opinion.

At least the kid has a safe car now.
Old 06-14-2004, 05:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Drivesoft has pic of the car on its website

http://www.drivesoft.net/Index_files...cles/index.htm
Old 06-14-2004, 06:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by kenshi

i dont think that's the scion that they did. the thundercloud one on the site is one of the cars they did and are selling on their website.
Old 06-14-2004, 07:38 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by doctorcue
Wow... you guys are crazy. Lets get to the obvious here:

Dude has a piece of crap to haul around his younger sister in, now he has an xB!

So they threw some flames on it, they are alright. I don't like the wing or front spoiler, but there are a bunch of mods out there in our community that I also don't like.

The wheels are great! Custom chrome Eibachs! Four 7" monitors in customized headrests! New exhaust! Custom interior seats & dash. All phat!

Which of the negative posters has any of that in their own ride?

You aren't going to like everything that someone does, but at least they did the kid right! He went from 2 cars to 1. I mean honestly... this car is for show reasons and not much else. He's not going to autocross to the supermarket. He's not going to hit the track trying to bust out 12's.

Don't hate, because we can take your rides to the photo section and tell you what we think. Done...
I'll be the first in line to say that I am a negative poster, with a couple of things done to my xB (if you really give a ____, and think that will give me more credibility, you can look @ my profile), & I'll be the first to say that they ruined that xB. The flames look alright?? Haha please tell me you are kidding. Becides the fact that that was probably the ugliest, cheeziest flame job EVER, it was a cheap-___ vinyl auto wrap. They couldn't even paint it on, they used vinyl.

Custom Interior...all PHAT? WTF? If lowrider style diamond pattern stitching in bright orange vinyl, with matching orange piping around the seats impresses you, man I can't wait to see what your Scion looks like in a couple of years.

They seriously put a touring-style wing 3/4 of the way back the car, on top of a wagon. That has got to be the most rediculous thing I have ever seen. Talk about giving imports a bad name. They might as well tell the entire country (much of which has never seen a Scion before until this month) that this is an xB, & it's just a Ricy & ____ty as the rest of them.

In the past, I was very impressed by Scion's partnerships, to promote their cars. 5 Axis, Greddy, Motegi, Injen, LJ Garcia - all built outstanding cars that showed the potential of a Scion but this is definately a giant step backwards.
Old 06-14-2004, 07:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

saw pmr last night and.. . . . omg. . . thats all i could say.
-The Flames were FUGLY and 20 diffent colors
-That spoiler. . . that spoiler was not hanging off tghe back lke a normal one wood. . . but its about 1/2 a foot from the edge. it looks like some solor powered block on the mid of the roof.
-Interior, ok. Don't know why they cose orange on a black xB, unless the ext. is, orange.
-only things i liked were the sound system, and the drivesoft.
-that kid on the show annoyed me so much. he would say "dude" every 2 $&%*ing seconds.
- First thing he says, "whao DUDE" then, "whao check out the flames DUDE" He then gos home and the first thing he says " check out the t.v DUDE"
-that kid drives me carzy
Old 06-14-2004, 07:56 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ya seriously, it was bad enough seeing what they did to that xB - but then having to watch that kid made it even worse. He was flaming more than his ride
Old 06-14-2004, 08:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default "___ ___" ride?????

wow Like your homophobia is SO cool.

I'm sure the ___ people in this forum don't want to upset you. Please don't insult them.

thanks
Old 06-14-2004, 08:37 PM
Banned

u kno wut i dont get....

y did they buy the aftermarket rims from scion if they were just gunna put other aftermarket rims on it??? i guess they have money to waste
Old 06-14-2004, 08:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Ok Ryan,

Let me respond to your post (I did look at your profile prior to my first post):

The flames, yes, I said alright, because you can't really tell what they look like based upon your TV image. I said alright, because I haven't seen them in person. Beyond that, some flames look good. I wouldn't get it on my ride, but they did it to his. I've seen worse in person...

I don't have any desire to replace my seat fabric, but at least his is unique. Both you and I both share the same seats in our car. It is individualized... let it go.

I also didn't like the wing, as I posted, but you see much worse in the ways of APC aluminum wings on 4-door Corollas. Yet, for months now, I have been seeing Scion commercials on a lot of programming, not just MTV. Besides, MTV only has a hold on a small percentage of the market.

So you weren't happy with Scion's "partnership" on this one? Perhaps you missed Verone's post about how he sold them this car and two hours later it had a hole in the roof. Also, the other manufacturers "outstanding" vehicles have vinyl decals all over the place, yet I guess that is ok? Seems like you just don't like this shop... perhaps we all need to hit up ScionHQ.com???
Old 06-14-2004, 11:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by kenshi

Drivesoft Linky no worky.

Quick Reply: Scion XB on New Pimp My Ride