Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2004, 12:17 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by doctorcue
Ok Ryan,

Let me respond to your post (I did look at your profile prior to my first post):
Haha I don't know if you watched it, but during that show there was atleast 4 or 5 Scion commercials, so I don't know what Verone said, but do you really think that was just a coincidence, and Scion corporate had nothing to do with it?

Obviously we just have different expectations, and that's OK. I don't think that a car is cool, because it looks better than a 4 door Corolla with an APC aluminum wing, but I'm sure (now positive) that there are people out there that do.

Having different opinions are fine, I undersand that you are feelin' that car, & I apologize if you are offened by my not liking the car, but after reading the 2 or 3 threads about Pimp my ride, I'm pretty sure I'm not alone with my feelings about that car.
Old 06-15-2004, 12:26 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by doctorcue
Ok Ryan,

Seems like you just don't like this shop... perhaps we all need to hit up ScionHQ.com??? :roll:
First of all, I didn't mention anything about that, I'm not sure where you're getting that from. It really sounds like you're just trying to start ____. I think the first thundercloud xB that WCC did was amazing. There were certainly things about it that I didn't care for, like any car, but overall it was done very nicely. They were very creative, yet classy.

I was very impressed with this, & it has nothing at all to do with the shop, most likely just MTV's influences.

Old 06-15-2004, 01:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

OK, I set my DVR to record it, so I guess my review will be forthcoming...
Old 06-15-2004, 04:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Infiz
First of all, I didn't mention anything about that, I'm not sure where you're getting that from. It really sounds like you're just trying to start ____. I think the first thundercloud xB that WCC did was amazing. There were certainly things about it that I didn't care for, like any car, but overall it was done very nicely. They were very creative, yet classy.

I was very impressed with this, & it has nothing at all to do with the shop, most likely just MTV's influences.
See, that is what I'm talking about. They don't do bad work and most likely this was jazzed up per some MTV-exec. I thought the TC xB was great, looks even better lowered with wheels (all hooked up with a RG kit and no drop looked dumb). I just got an issue with people bashing WCC. You hit the nail on the head and MTV kicked it up a notch "Ricer" style. You and I both like a clean cars (our cars are pretty straight lined per our profiles ), but obviously we vary in our degrees of tolerance. There is no problem in that. I'm not trying to start anything and I think this is a conversation that we would have at a meet and it would last about 5 minutes. At that point, we would say F it, and get something to eat. No drama... just opinions.

Beyond everything, Homie has a new ride. Probably the first new car that family has had in a while and he can feel better knowing he is "Pimped Out". I'm happy with the knowledge that his baby sister won't go flying off if he gets rear ended.

We're cool man... eventually we'll meet up and drink some brew at a BBQ.
Old 06-15-2004, 04:55 AM
Banned
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

ok, I see we all have our opinions about what we like and don't like.

But, let's look at it from the kid's perspective. Yes, I can say "kid" because I'm considered "old" turning 40 in a few months.

He pretty much had a hoopty that wasn't even safe enuff to put your worst enemy in. MTV and X picked up his car, and the next thing you know, he has a brand spanking new car. Sure, we all don't agree w/ some of the mods WCC did, but come on, how many of us were GIVEN a brand new car at his age?

Not me, I had to work for my first car.

At least the kid won't get hurt driving his old car, let alone someon else getting hurt.

I don't always like the mods WCC does, but then again, I'm not the producer/funds provider.
Old 06-15-2004, 05:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I personally think that what they did for that kid was amazing. It is nice to watch a show and actually feel for the person on it. Its kinda like that show extreme make over most of us are lucky enough to be able to afford a xB ourselves.

This kid has two sisters and a Mother while it was not disclosed on the show why the family up and moved to Los Angeles im sure it was for a good reason. The guy on this show was farely young and I if I was him I would be thankful for anything I was given I truly believe the guy deserved probably more than most of would including myself.

I give mad props to Mtv for giving this guy something so great his family will be safe and there is not price or taste of auto styling you could put on top of that.
Old 06-15-2004, 11:23 PM
5 Year Member

Finally I saw the rerun today... I love the stereo setup and the computer and the touch screen!!! I dislike the ugly wing and the paint job though. anyway, it's good to see the smile on that kid's face....
Old 06-15-2004, 11:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I watched the rerun as well today (MTV played pimp my ride all morning) I agree with all of you who said the wing was outragous! am I the only one who noticed that when they were showing the kid the computer system that the silver trim they painted orange did not fit right!! the edge that meets the glovebox area had a 1/2" gap! mabey they fixed it afterwards....
Old 06-16-2004, 02:27 AM
5 Year Member

Default Hello From Drivesoft

From Drivesoft:

I have noticed that you guys have said a few nice things about Drivesoft Car Computing Solution. We just wanted to say thanks.

As for a few strange comments about the Scion. I was on that episode an installing our Drivesoft system and I was thinking that some of the items were a little over-kill too. West Coast Customs build serious cars from Celebes etc but when it comes to the pimp my ride cars, be sure that the WCC crew does not make all the decisions. Meaning the MTV directors have a lot of say so in what is installed on the cars. Also many components are giving to the WCC crew to install. They do not have a choice and that’s why you may see so weird things on these cars.

Just so everyone knows, these cars are completed in 10 days or less which is a bit of a challenge considering the junk they choose. The Scion was actually done in 7 days which is pretty good I might add. I was there and we did not sleep a few nights. As for the screw up that you may have seen on TV with the dash etc. Those things were fixed before the kid got the Scion back.

Info about Drivesoft:
It was a 10.4 molded in the dash. The PC is a small box under the seat. It was touch screen, FM/TV-MP3-DVD-CD-GPS-XM-VCD-PiC Viewer- Car-Cam-Email-Internet-Media Organizer-Vehicle Status and more capable incar computer. We normally use 7" and 8" LCD touch screen but WCC wanted to put the usually touch on it as they do with all the high end cars they build 10"In The Dash Install.

PS: we are not trying to promote our product here on your forum but we thought since you guys were talking about it we would just give you some info.

Again thanks for you good remarks about Drivesoft and we even appreciate the bad marks about the scion and other cars. Even we here at Drivesoft and West Coast laugh a little

Thanks,

Jack-Drivesoft-WCC-PMR
Mad Mike-WCC-PMR-Drivesoft
www.drivesoft.net
Old 06-16-2004, 02:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

cool thanks for the info! Thats cool that they fixed the dash gap- i just thought it was odd they didnt catch that earlier-but as you said they only had it for a week...
Old 06-16-2004, 10:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

Default PMR

I CAN SUM IT UP IN ONE WORD!!!!-----F R E E-------- :o :o
Old 06-17-2004, 01:28 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

well, in my mind, i'm glad they used wrap instead of actually painting the flames on...cause now, if he wanted to, he could rip 'em off...the wing was a bit "much" to put it nicely...interior, well, catchy, but yet tacky...ICE, well, i'd have to say that drivesoft thing was awesome...i'd get one, if it didnt cost as much as i think it does and more than likely i'd do some damage if i had that in my box...i'm addicted to solitaire...i can see me now trying to explane that to the officer that i just rear-ended. the kit...jt autostyle is the originator of the "evolution" series body kits. i had the "evo III" for my del sol and it looked nice...the kit that was on the B was the "evo V"...i think it looked pretty good...if the price was right, i might think about it for my box...but then again...rev-hard's gotta turbo kit commin out pretty soon.....just my .02
Old 06-17-2004, 11:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

how could they put that wing on the xB.. I almost threw up when i saw it.... otherwise it was ok
Old 06-18-2004, 12:32 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by XBman
u kno wut i dont get....

y did they buy the aftermarket rims from scion if they were just gunna put other aftermarket rims on it??? i guess they have money to waste
prolly cause they got the car for free
Old 06-19-2004, 01:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Finally saw it, and I agree with most of you, the flames are lame. As for the wing, well, it ain't my style, but I wouldn't go so far as to say that I dis-like it. Something that I did dislike is the videoscreens in the back headrests...so the people behind you can see how lame you are, I guess! The audio additions, including the floating amp was pretty cool, and the computer...well, that's just tha shiznit! One thing that I really liked is the cloth folding sunroof!

As far as free cars go, it's probably the coolest!
Old 06-19-2004, 05:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

All I can say is that kid finally got a brand new, fixed up ride! Way better than he had before:D Hey, it could've been worse...he could have gotten an Aztek
Old 06-20-2004, 05:40 AM

well, I finnaly saw it and I must say that was very cool of them to get that kid an xB!! Has anyone in the socal area seen him yet? Also Drivesoft, very nice to see you in here, I must say I was very impressed how your system was!! But what is the price for that system?

Also I have to agree on the wing, that was a too honda rice rocket for me. But I was feelin that sunroof they put in!

Old 06-20-2004, 11:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by BoxxLicker
I personally think that what they did for that kid was amazing. It is nice to watch a show and actually feel for the person on it. Its kinda like that show extreme make over most of us are lucky enough to be able to afford a xB ourselves.

This kid has two sisters and a Mother while it was not disclosed on the show why the family up and moved to Los Angeles im sure it was for a good reason. The guy on this show was farely young and I if I was him I would be thankful for anything I was given I truly believe the guy deserved probably more than most of would including myself.

I give mad props to Mtv for giving this guy something so great his family will be safe and there is not price or taste of auto styling you could put on top of that.
I couldn't have said it any better...I actually think they did an excellent job on the xB, and you could tell that kid was genuinely happy to have it...The guys at WCC and Mtv do a great service to some less fortunate young individuals with their show...

I hope that kid shows up at a local meet here sometime...I'd like to see that box of his more up close and maybe even get some pictures with it...I kinda like it, it's funky looking, but I like funky things

DAN

DAN
Old 06-21-2004, 06:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

maybe i'm blind, i checked the pmr website, and checked episodes 1-14 but could not find the xb...which episode # is it? or if you could give a direct link or url, that'd be cool too... thanks
Old 06-21-2004, 11:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My complaint with pimp my ride:
- that one girl that had the hole in the footboard of her mustang... they showed WCC cutting the hole out... but then they just took a piece of thin gauge sheet metal and pop riveted it to the floor pan?!?! that's sorta....scary
- there was a truck that had a "horrible tranny" going in.... and they never even addressed that. sure, they painted the car and put lots of fiberglass stuff all over it, and big chrome wheels, but what about the stuff that really matters-and is a safety issue-like his tranny?!?

Quick Reply: Scion XB on New Pimp My Ride