Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Scion xB rated one of the worst cars ever made on MSNBC

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2005, 10:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You have to feel sorry for the twits at MSNBC. They are so out of touch with reality in regards to what constitutes interest and news to the general public that they had an interview with Kato Kaelin the other night!
Old 11-28-2005, 12:03 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

msnbc sux
Old 11-29-2005, 10:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Okay, so I read the article. The title says: "Turkey cars;great pictures of ungreat cars"
First off, the author should have stated that "The views or opinion of the author does not necesary reflect the opinions of MSNBC." Of course being said, he had alot of car owners upset.
First, out of 9 cars, I only found 6 cars that were or ar available in the US.
I do agree about the Pointiac Aztek as the ugliest car ever built, but look what he said about the Honda element. He said that "its rear "suicide" doors open backward, sometimes making entering and leaving the vehicle a challenge" Once again he doesn't know what he talks about. I've gotten into an Element and found yet if not more easier to get into and out.
Or how about the hummer. Of course it ain't gonna get you the best millage, but I've seen people w/ these and are happy about it. Whats so ungreat about a hummer?
And notice that he put the xb on the last page. Again doesn't know what hes talkin about, becuase as of today, the xB is one of the "Most gotta have it" car in the market today.
I whish that journalist like this would research there stuff before goinin out publicly on the web, not thinkin that there would be a great insults to some of these car owners mention above and have the odasity to pull a pole.
And BTW, WTF does the Citreon, Vega, Pinto, and the Jingalingling cars have to do with this. These cars are either old or not in the market in the US. Have you seen anyone drivin a Citreon, the same one that is pictured today? Or that freakin chinese, failed crash test twice, prone to accident SUV on the road? I seen a few Vegas and rarely see a Pinto on the street.
But then again I live on Guam.

There, I vented. Just my $0.02
Old 11-29-2005, 03:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Was aware the H2 was a turkey.

Anyway, what they all have in common is that you either love or hate'em.

The Aztek was an absolute disaster because while it wanted to be a Swiss Army Knife to Gen X, GM forgot that it had to at least look good.

Yugo, c'mon. A 1960's FIAT blueprint purchased by the Soviet Union and you had to crank it from the front!

Vega, rust bucket
Pinto, exploded when rear ended.

xB, it is a box. it holds up and it turns heads. Nothing else on that list can say the same for under $20K.

So it is a safe fluff piece, because I don't see a single Daewoo or Hyundai offering on there.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:42 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by hotbox05
Originally Posted by scionxbkc
I'd rather take advice from my toilet than MSNBC anyday...
dude... i need an advice giving toilet. maybe i'd learn something.
Just wait...6 months from now someone will mod their xb and install a toilet in the back.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Consumer Report didn't think the xB was bad at all
Old 11-29-2005, 07:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by gjpjr84
he also doesn't realize that many PARENTS (usually older than their children) are buying xBs for THEIR CHILDREN to drive.
Yep, that's what I did. I bought our xB for my daughter to drive to college.

Luckily, she's in 9th grade at the moment and is letting me drive the car until she needs it.
Old 11-29-2005, 08:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The title of this thread doesn't accuraltley reflect what the article was about. The article was referring to looks, style, and appeal. The title of this thread (xB rated one of the worst cars ever made) implies that there are serious quality or safety issues with the xB. He's just saying he thinks it's uncool. I hope people who see the title of this thread actually read the article.
Old 11-29-2005, 08:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well, their photo gallery doesn't really reflect the wide range of choices available. They missed the VW bus, Edsel, and Honda 600, for example. All of these were panned for one reason or another, but each has its own avid group of enthusiests today!

I find it intersting that I have actually owned a few of those vehicles, though. I had a Pontiac Astre, their version of the Chevy Vega. Pontiac was smart enough to put their own iron block engine in it, though. Looked like a mini Firebird, but the performance wasn't there.
Old 11-30-2005, 12:38 PM
5 Year Member

matt ... if that was the full case ... then why did they list cars that do have a lot of appeal. a lot of people bought the xb because they thought it had a lot of appeal. The gas guzzlers out there bought the hummer because they thought it had a lot of appeal. The other cars posted in the article have notorious issues with them ... its clear that the author is picking on the car just because...
Old 11-30-2005, 12:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by scionxbkc
matt ... if that was the full case ... then why did they list cars that do have a lot of appeal. a lot of people bought the xb because they thought it had a lot of appeal. The gas guzzlers out there bought the hummer because they thought it had a lot of appeal. The other cars posted in the article have notorious issues with them ... its clear that the author is picking on the car just because...
The author is an idiot. You're right, he has various cars on his list for various reasons. My point was that the reason he has the xB on the list, is because he thinks it's uncool. The title of this thread implies that there are quality or safety issues with it. At least that's what I thought when I first saw the thread posted. I was worried that they found some serious problem with the car. Then I read the article and I was like, "Oh, so it's just that this dork doesn't like the xB. Who cares?" His opinion of the car's appeal is subjective. If there were serious, documented problems with the car, then that's different.
Old 11-30-2005, 01:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Scion xB rated one of the worst cars ever made on MSNBC

Originally Posted by edlin
Scion xB rated one of the worst cars ever made on MSNBC Page 9

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10155740...urkeyCars_2005
The article never claims the xB as one of the worst rated cars...